• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

RBH

Concept17 said:
So, are normal TRU stores carrying Demon's Souls? Because it doesn't exist on their online store.
Based on what I've read, it doesn't like they'll be carrying Demon's Souls in-store nor online.

ouchx100

There's no way to use those cupons posted on the last page with the B2G1 sale is there? Right now I have uncharted 2 and brutal legend sitting in my cart with the total at $91 something. It would be great if I could get dirt 2 in there for free:D

RBH

ouchx100 said:
There's no way to use those cupons posted on the last page with the B2G1 sale is there? Right now I have uncharted 2 and brutal legend sitting in my cart with the total at $91 something. It would be great if I could get dirt 2 in there for free:D
Most likely not. Both coupons will probably expire before October 11th.

McNei1y

Damn Smackdown vs Raw 3 days after it ends. As well as FIFA

I might go: NBA Live 2010, NBA 2k10, and Halo 3 ODST :lol :lol

I don't know which basketball game to get.

runandgun

Neo Member
RBH said:
Toys R Us is currently running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal on their website.

Pre-orders are included in this deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974

Use promo code 931073 for 20% off orders of $75+ (code expires October 10th) AND use promo code 931085 for $10 off of orders of $75+.

Gift cards should work online as well.

credit: the_legend_of_drtre on CAG

thank you so much. I'm so happy they allowed preorders (Just got Uncharted 2 and Assasins Creed for $97). I might buy like a whole years worth of preorders, since they won't charge me all at once(just pay for each game as they ship, right?)

ouchx100

Dang...

I'll still try to beat the system by leaving the page with my cart open on my iPod. I'll try to add dirt 2 on the 11th and see what it tells me.

SnakeEyez

RBH said:
Based on what I've read, it doesn't like they'll be carrying Demon's Souls in-store nor online.

Funny-MonkeyReaction-full.jpg

damn, that was one of my pics too.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
so wait... if we use both those codes above, we can get ANY two games we want for 20% and $10 off the total of both?? and that includes one for half price?!

RBH

John Harker said:
so wait... if we use both those codes above, we can get ANY two games we want for 20% and $10 off the total of both?? and that includes one for half price?!
As long as the MSRP for both of them is above $75 total, then yes.

So two $60 games with the two codes applied should be around $90 total (plus s/h) instead of $120.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
John Harker said:
No, RBH misrepresented the deal horribly. There is a code for 20% any game purchases over $75 and another code that gives you $10 off a $75 or over game purchase. You can stack them but only if the purchase stays over $75 after the code (so it would have to be at least $90). Now it just so happens that you could use those codes together to get a deal that is somewhat like a "buy 1, get 1 50% off" deal, however there isn't any actual such deal.

Gah. Was so close. Sales tax kills the deal for me. With discounts comes to $105. Still cheaper, but I don't know...I would've just waited for price drops anyway.

RBH

grandjedi6 said:
No, RBH misrepresented the deal horribly. There is a code for 20% any game purchases over $75 and another code that gives you $10 off a $75 or over game purchase. You can stack them but only if the purchase stays over $75 after the code (so it would have to be at least $90). Now it just so happens that you could use those codes together to get a deal that is somewhat like a "buy 1, get 1 50% off" deal, however there isn't any actual such deal.
It's not an official B1G1 50% off deal, but otherwise, I'm not sure how I "misrepresented the deal horribly." As long as the MSRP for the two games is over $75, the codes should stack together and the overall effect is basically a B1G1 50% off deal.

grandjedi6

RBH said:
It's not an official B1G1 50% off deal, but otherwise, I'm not sure how I "misrepresented the deal horribly." As long as the MSRP for the two games is over $75, the codes should stack together and the overall effect is basically a B1G1 50% off deal.
And yet:

2ahsbc5.png

You misrepresented the deal in 3 ways: (1) Its not a buy 1, get 1 50% off deal even if that could be the result with the codes. It would be like me claiming the Amazon ECA 10% off code is "Get $10 off a purchase of $100". I mean its technically true but not very well represented of the deal in question. (2) You mention "as long as the MSRP is over $75" but thats not true at all. Its as long as the total price is over $75 even after the first code is used. Which means you have to buy at least $90 worth of games. (3) Finally, and actually this isn't your fault at all, but shipping ruins the deal completely (free shipping is mostly only for preorders and such) :/

DeVeAn

Yeah that deal isn't really worth it. I checked and 2 games still came out to $100. I can spend $30 and get another game. Even amazon saves you more.

mr stroke

RBH said:
Toys R Us is currently running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal on their website.

Pre-orders are included in this deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974

Use promo code 931073 for 20% off orders of $75+ (code expires October 10th) AND use promo code 931085 for $10 off of orders of $75+.

Gift cards should work online as well.

credit: the_legend_of_drtre on CAG

Thanks for the post :)

Ordered Live 10+Uncharted 2 for $90 shipped(would have been less if there was no tax)

not a bad deal ($17 better than Amazon at the moment)

Concept17

Soo... I'm using the two promotional codes plus a 15$ GC and when I get to 'Submit Order' it just refreshes the page, rather than actually submitting it. wth

LiquidJin

Banned
speculawyer said:
You can't . . . that's why I said "if . . . . you count the $10 credit". I know I'll buy another videogame on Amazon, so that is pretty much cash to me.

Can someone explain how this works for pre-orders?

"$10 promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household."

What do they mean by offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders? Does that mean all of my existing pre-orders will grant me $10 off a future purchase such that 6 Pre-orders would give me a free game? Or does it mean that the $10 will go towards an existing pre-order and only 1 of them can stack?

I'm really interested in taking advantage of this because Dragon-Age origings PS3 is offering me this code. However, that doesn't come out until late November, so I'm cautious of getting caught in a trap where I have credit but can't use it until after i've bought all of my games.

Chairhome

If I'm reading your question right, it just means that if you pre-ordered that particular game before the promotion started, you will get the promotional credit. Its just to take care of early pre-orders to show that they will get the credit, too. You won't get it till after the game ships, though.

LiquidJin

Banned
Chairhome said:
If I'm reading your question right, it just means that if you pre-ordered that particular game before the promotion started, you will get the promotional credit. Its just to take care of early pre-orders to show that they will get the credit, too. You won't get it till after the game ships, though.

So then if I had pre-ordered 2 games and then pre-order this one, when they all had shipped I'd have $30 worth of credit going towards video games or I'd only have $10?

Swordian

LiquidJin said:
So then if I had pre-ordered 2 games and then pre-order this one, when they all had shipped I'd have $30 worth of credit going towards video games or I'd only have $10?

The $10 isn't for all pre-orders on the site, only specific games. Did you order 3 games that come with the $10 credit or just 1 game?

Nelo Ice said:
placeholder swapping has always been ymmv

Oh well its worked every year I have done it with the gift receipt.
My Toys R Us doesn't have Demon Souls either what a bunch of bullshit. Looks like Ill be trading Brutal Legend in for Demon Souls at walmart.
Bless walmart.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh well its worked every year I have done it with the gift receipt.
My Toys R Us doesn't have Demon Souls either what a bunch of bullshit. Looks like Ill be trading Brutal Legend in for Demon Souls at walmart.
Bless walmart.

I thought Wal-Mart cracked down on any sort of trading/returning in video game software above a certain price without a receipt?

kitchenmotors said:
I thought Wal-Mart cracked down on any sort of trading/returning in video game software above a certain price without a receipt?

Muwahaha luckily Walmart doesn't hire the sharpest employees. I just did that with Red Faction a couple months back.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I am looking for the holy trinity

-uncharted 2
-demon souls
-brutal legend

if i cant get those 3 games, no dice.
This is what I want, minus Brutal Legend. The game just doesn't appeal to me even though I'm a metalhead. Does anyone have any suggestions to go with UC2 and DS? I'm considering Infamous, but I have a feeling I will get bored with it.

olimpia84

BruceLeeRoy said:
Muwahaha luckily Walmart doesn't hire the sharpest employees. I just did that with Red Faction a couple months back.

You can only do that so many times though, or at least that's what I've heard.

GQman2121

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
This is what I want, minus Brutal Legend. The game just doesn't appeal to me even though I'm a metalhead. Does anyone have any suggestions to go with UC2 and DS? I'm considering Infamous, but I have a feeling I will get bored with it.

I'm getting a placeholder and picking up MWII on 11/10.

So it's Uncharted II, placeholder, and Afrika for me. Shit this really is a pretty barren 4th quarter.

LiquidJin

Banned
Swordian said:
The $10 isn't for all pre-orders on the site, only specific games. Did you order 3 games that come with the $10 credit or just 1 game?

No I didn't. I'm just trying to make sense of the whole "This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household." portion. That's the part that is really unclear to me. What exactly are they extending?

Do all pre-orders get $10 off bonus? Or do I get to take $10 off of a game that I already have a pre-order on? Or do all games I have a pre-order on get $10 taken off of them?

Does the limit 1 per household mean that I can only do this once regardless of how many games I order that have this same incentive? Or does it mean that they don't stack, and that if I did this for say Brutal Legend and Dragon: Age then I'd have to purchase 2 more games to make use of both $10 off bonuses?

Swordian

LiquidJin said:
No I didn't. I'm just trying to make sense of the whole "This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household." portion. That's the part that is really unclear to me. What exactly are they extending?

Do all pre-orders get $10 off bonus? Or do I get to take $10 off of a game that I already have a pre-order on? Or do all games I have a pre-order on get $10 taken off of them?

Does the limit 1 per household mean that I can only do this once regardless of how many games I order that have this same incentive? Or does it mean that they don't stack, and that if I did this for say Brutal Legend and Dragon: Age then I'd have to purchase 2 more games to make use of both $10 off bonuses?

It just means that people who pre-ordered that game before the $10 credit was added will get it as well.

1 per household means that if you pre-order 2 copies of a game that comes with the $10 credit, you will only get $10 in credit and not $20.

LiquidJin

Banned
Swordian said:
It just means that people who pre-ordered that game before the $10 credit was added will get it as well.

1 per household means that if you pre-order 2 copies of a game that comes with the $10 credit, you will only get $10 in credit and not $20.

Thanks man. I always overanalyze things when it comes to money.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can you do this with 2 games and a controller? I plan to buy UC2, Madden as a placeholder (if it doesn't work I'll still be satisfied), and a new controller.

Firestorm

CrayzeeCarl said:
Brutal Legend anyway ^o^ Play it, try it, trade it in if no likey.

grandjedi6

BruceLeeRoy said:
Still, I don't think openly admiting to fraud is the best of ideas.

The rumor on CAG is that the games will actually be listed on receipt as $40 each. Which means no placeholder games. Each game will be worth $40

If you were to bring back a game to swap for a new release, you'll owe $20 for the new game.

Top Bottom