• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

Crisis

Banned
If I use the "buy one, get one 50% off" thing in this thread to order two games that ship on different days would I have to wait until the second game shipped to get both games?

CronosBlade said:
The rumor on CAG is that the games will actually be listed on receipt as $40 each. Which means no placeholder games. Each game will be worth $40

If you were to bring back a game to swap for a new release, you'll owe $20 for the new game.

Cold blooded! I was hoping to get 3 and then I'd use them for uncharted 2, MW2, L4D2. Now it looks like my Christmas is ruined :(

Barrett2

CronosBlade said:
The rumor on CAG is that the games will actually be listed on receipt as $40 each. Which means no placeholder games. Each game will be worth $40

If you were to bring back a game to swap for a new release, you'll owe $20 for the new game.

Makes sense; seems they'd be able to plan for that kind of thing.

Ok; revised list:

- Uncharted 2
- Demon's Souls
- NBA 2K9
~ If no Demon's Souls; i'll get Brutal Legend

lawblob said:
Makes sense; seems they'd be able to plan for that kind of thing.

Ok; revised list:

- Uncharted 2
- Demon's Souls
- NBA 2K9
~ If no Demon's Souls; i'll get Brutal Legend

I dont think TRU is carrying Demon's Souls. I think it was the thread on CAG where that was said, maybe PA. Or they are carrying it and that guy is wrong

If I'm looking to buy a game for the sole purpose of putting it on ebay so I can have money to buy Ratchet and Clank later, what would be my best option???

Ultimo hombre said:
Cold blooded! I was hoping to get 3 and then I'd use them for uncharted 2, MW2, L4D2. Now it looks like my Christmas is ruined :(

I think I'm going with the simple buy two games i actually want and list the third one on craigslist or ebay for slightly cheaper then it's msrp method someone suggested, best of both worlds, which will help finance my ratchet and clank purchase later :D

DemiMatt

Did the 20% then 10$ off deal and bought Uncharted 2 and KH for DS for 78 bucks shipped, vs my cancelled purchases from amazon which were 110+ shipped. Saved 30+ bucks!

Thanks!

Christopher

Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet: GOTY Edition

and...hmmm what else guys? I was giong to do a placeholder for Modern Warefare 2 but I don't think I can get away with it, so anything else for PS3 that's good (and pretty recent).

Virro

Christopher said:
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet: GOTY Edition

and...hmmm what else guys? I was giong to do a placeholder for Modern Warefare 2 but I don't think I can get away with it, so anything else for PS3 that's good (and pretty recent).

Fallout 3 GOTY?

Probably will get you the most play hours...

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
RBH said:
UPDATE

So it looks like point cards will basically NOT be included in the B2G1 free sale for accessories (unless you can find some old stock of the point cards in the blister packs).

So this won't count or will it:
microsoftpnts4000.JPG

It really sucks that they aren't carrying Demon Souls is that's the only game I was planning on getting before Christmas. My friends and I have a tradition to play Uncharted / CoD on Christmas day so we're waiting on those and Brutal legend was going to be down the road. Bleh.

botkiller

I'm definitely going to pick up Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend and Batman. Trying to think of some other accessories to get along with the 360 wireless adapter but drawing a blank.

RBH

FTWer said:
So this won't count or will it:
microsoftpnts4000.JPG
If you're able to find it, I think it may count since it's a blister pack. The problem is just finding it in the first place though.

DeVeAn

Toys R Us is not carrying Demon's Souls. I asked the guy and he said some M rated games they just don't carry and thats one of them. I am out of this deal. Got DS and UC2 from amazon instead.

rc213

RBH said:
Toys R Us is currently running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal on their website.

Pre-orders are included in this deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974

Use promo code 931073 for 20% off orders of $75+ (code expires October 10th) AND use promo code 931085 for $10 off of orders of $75+.

Gift cards should work online as well.

credit: the_legend_of_drtre on CAG

I was so happy but then it won't let me add Fallout GOTY along with Uncharted 2. =/

Alex

Do they carry Sigma 2? I didnt see it on their site. Atlus is pretty niche so I kinda understand Demon's Souls.

Wonder if its best to wait till Wednesday to check on Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 next week. I havent bought anything at Toys R Us since I last did this deal on like.... GTA:SA or something.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ashhong said:
why are they charging me for shipping when i have Modern Warfare 2 and Uncharted 2?
The 20% off deal supercedes the Free shipping deal. Yes you heard that right, the website takes away your free shipping because it can only handle one deal being applied to a game at once. The $10 off deal still works fine though as it is applied to the total balance and not the games themselves.

So, since Demon's Souls is apparently not stocked at TRU help me think of a new game I can get top dollar trade in at Gamestop. I wanted to get the holy trinity of Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend and Demon's Souls. I want DS free, so I was thinking what if I picked up say ODST or Beatles and turned around and sold it for DS. I could get rid of Fight Night or GH5 too to cover the additional cash money.

Ashhong

grandjedi6 said:
The 20% off deal supercedes the Free shipping deal. Yes you heard that right, the website takes away your free shipping because it can only handle one deal being applied to a game at once. The $10 off deal still works fine though as it is applied to the total balance and not the games themselves.

:( comes out to about 49 dollars each after tax, which sadly does not beat the amazon deals for Uncharted and COD

Virro

GillianSeed79 said:
So, since Demon's Souls is apparently not stocked at TRU help me think of a new game I can get top dollar trade in at Gamestop. I wanted to get the holy trinity of Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend and Demon's Souls. I want DS free, so I was thinking what if I picked up say ODST or Beatles and turned around and sold it for DS. I could get rid of Fight Night or GH5 too to cover the additional cash money.

Why not just ask them? You're probably going to be sorely disappointed though. GameStop and EB give you a fraction of the actual value.

your_fat_uncle

Neo Member
Looks like I'll be getting Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 along with some other game that I'm sure I won't get around to for at least a few weeks.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I canceled my amazon Uncharted preorder to take advantage of this. I think I'm going to do:

1. Uncharted 2
2. Demon's Souls
3. I'm struggling with this one. I think I'll get the Fallout 3 GOTY. I've had it in my head forever that $20 is the price I want to pay for Fallout 3, and I've waited this long, I might as well wait a little longer, right?

Brutal Legend is another $20 game in my eyes. I'm not sure if the game part of that game sounds very fun.

Hmm, maybe I'll get the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I hate that it's not $60 though to take full advantage of the discount.

Does Toys R US have any Uncharted 2 preorder bonuses?

Virro

drakesfortune said:
I canceled my amazon Uncharted preorder to take advantage of this. I think I'm going to do:

1. Uncharted 2
2. Demon's Souls
3. I'm struggling with this one. I think I'll get the Fallout 3 GOTY. I've had it in my head forever that $20 is the price I want to pay for Fallout 3, and I've waited this long, I might as well wait a little longer, right?

Brutal Legend is another $20 game in my eyes. I'm not sure if the game part of that game sounds very fun.

Hmm, maybe I'll get the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I hate that it's not $60 though to take full advantage of the discount.

Does Toys R US have any Uncharted 2 preorder bonuses?

Look 6 posts up, but Demon's Souls isn't carried at TRU. Pretty sure this question gets answered at least once on each page. Fallout 3 GOTY comes out on the 13th I believe.

No pre-order bonuses from TRU on UC2.

vehn

Ashhong said:
:( comes out to about 49 dollars each after tax, which sadly does not beat the amazon deals for Uncharted and COD

what amazon deal is that? I'm looking to get UC2, COD, and possibly R&C but only UC2 comes out during the TRU deal

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Virro said:
Look 6 posts up, but Demon's Souls isn't carried at TRU. Pretty sure this question gets answered at least once on each page. Fallout 3 GOTY comes out on the 13th I believe.

No pre-order bonuses from TRU on UC2.

Aww that's a real bummer. Oh well, I guess I'll just go preorder at GameStop. I couldn't wait for Amazon's free shipping on UC2 anyway, I knew all along that I was probably going to cancel the preorder because of this.

Virro

drakesfortune said:
Aww that's a real bummer. Oh well, I guess I'll just go preorder at GameStop. I couldn't wait for Amazon's free shipping on UC2 anyway, I knew all along that I was probably going to cancel the preorder because of this.

Yeah, I took the BestBuy route since I'm a consumer whore and I wanted the gold-plated weapons. Pretty sure the other pre-order bonuses you get eventually throughout the coarse of the game or the MP.

Raw64life

No Demon's Souls kind of threw a wrench in my plans. Now I'm unsure what to get as my other game with Batman and Brutal Legend.

Keep in mind guys that assuming the ECA deal goes back up by either today or Monday, the following applies at Amazon since I've seen it mentioned several times:

Uncharted 2 - $56.99, comes with bonus map and $5 credit
Brutal Legend - $56.99, comes with bonus $10 credit
Batman - $52.99 on PS3, $46.99 on 360.

Batman alone could be had as low as $42.29 shipped and that already is cheaper than TRU even with the B2G1 deal. Or you could buy Brtual Legend and Batman without the need of a third game for as low as $83.58. That's assuming the ECA deal goes back up any day now which they claim it will be.

Edeuinu

I'm splitting Uncharted 2 with 2 of my friends so we'll all get a copy for about $42, not bad.

I'd get Demons Souls and something else but I don't have $120 to drop right now.

*edit* We're each getting a copy of Uncharted 2, and they're letting us pre-order too, if anyone was wondering.

Concept17

Raw64life said:
No Demon's Souls kind of threw a wrench in my plans. Now I'm unsure what to get as my other game with Batman and Brutal Legend.

Yup, same here. Was planning to get UC2, Demon's Souls, and a third game with an attempt as returning for Borderlands. It especially helps that I have a 15$ GC. But now I'm only getting Borderlands from TRU on release for 45$ (with GC).

Sucks as I really want Demon's Souls, and this would have been the best way to get it. TRU fails again.

Edeuinu said:
I'm splitting Uncharted 2 with 2 of my friends so we'll all get a copy for about $42, not bad.

I'd get Demons Souls and something else but I don't have $120 to drop right now.

*edit* We're each getting a copy of Uncharted 2, and they're letting us pre-order too, if anyone was wondering.

So if you preorder, it's not going to screw up the deal somehow?

Firestorm

Concept17 said:
Yup, same here. Was planning to get UC2, Demon's Souls, and a third game with an attempt as returning for Borderlands. It especially helps that I have a 15$ GC. But now I'm only getting Borderlands from TRU on release for 45$ (with GC).

Sucks as I really want Demon's Souls, and this would have been the best way to get it. TRU fails again.
Replace Demon's Soul with Brutal Legend ^_^

Concept17

Firestorm said:
Replace Demon's Soul with Brutal Legend ^_^

Nah. The demo didn't entertain me much gameplay wise. I don't doubt that it gets better later on in the game, but I like games that jump right into it, as DS seems to do. I prefer something a bit more challenging.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
So, anyone know if TRU carries NGS2? I'm thinking of going with Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, & Ninja Gaiden.

Yup, they do carry it. I was in my local store yesterday, and saw it while reserving Uncharted 2.

Anyhow, now that I have Demon's Souls, I think my three are going to be Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Batman: AA.

RedNumberFive said:
Yup, they do carry it. I was in my local store yesterday, and saw it while reserving Uncharted 2.

Anyhow, now that I have Demon's Souls, I think my three are going to be Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Batman: AA.

Thanks a bunch! They only had Ninja Gaiden action figures on the site so I was a bit worried they wouldn't have it :lol

Edeuinu

Felix Lighter said:
So if you preorder, it's not going to screw up the deal somehow?

Nope, we're basically putting $15 down for 3 copies of U2 mainly just to hold them. Then on Tuesday we're going in, and then just spitting the remaining $105 between the 3 of us.

Top Bottom