• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Is there a way to make a private room and give only certain people access? I'd love to have a PS4 GAF room always running for us so we could all shit talk afterwards and test new maps.

Whoa how does one do this? Does this work on the PS4 and can you use the touchpad boost button?

i created the playlist on the pc but you can do it on the ps4 as well.
but it will take you a long time on ps4 because of all the typing.
didn't think about the touchpad but i guess that's not gonna work.

Repo Man

How is it working on PC? Any bugs/crash/uplay being a dick?

Works fine, runs silky smooth and looks rather great but FXAA blows and its the only option for AA if you wish to run with highest quality shaders. Fair bit of tearing too but I didn't want to use V-sync due to input lag though I might experiment with that a bit and see if it has any major impact with my driving.

Doesn't hurt to try :p
I personally will be spending much more time in multiplayer with this baby.

I just love beating games, and want to beat this one. Not being able to (I'm far from perfect, nor do I have a hundred hours to play just one game. I'd still never be good enough to get all golds) bugs me.

They should've locked secret stages behind that wall, or done something different.

It'd be great to be able to beat it, then go back and try to get better/unlock special tracks.

I just love beating games, and want to beat this one. Not being able to (I'm far from perfect, nor do I have a hundred hours to play just one game. I'd still never be good enough to get all golds) bugs me.

They should've locked secret stages behind that wall, or done something different.

It'd be great to be able to beat it, then go back and try to get better/unlock special tracks.

I don't see any problem with it, lots of games are too hard for me to finish/beat.

Just wish I could play it. Sony UK refused to refund me.

*Splinter

If you consider black tier to be the secret tracks then that's exactly what they've done.

I agree with you though, no point in creating tracks and.making them completely inaccessible to many players

prudislav

So what's playable in Turbo while offline??? I remeber in TM2 i was only local MP and editor, not even solo maps :-(
anyone knows for steam version?? (going to cruise ship trip next week with little to no internet access, no point of buying now if its limited as TM2 for offline play)

Steam may ask on launch if you want to play or configure the settings (no idea...I'm just assuming) but the Uplay version doesn't

to get to it you go to the game folder where it's installed and launch Config.exe...there are no in-game system setting changes (it's all done outside of the game)

If you consider black tier to be the secret tracks then that's exactly what they've done.

I agree with you though, no point in creating tracks and.making them completely inaccessible to many players

That's tough

I will likely get bronze on many and silver on some so I will miss out on a lot.

already have 110 out of 150 Uplay points that are offered...completed all of the actions except getting 50 Golds (and I'm at 27 now)

one of the easiest games to get all of the points out of (not saying the game is easy but the actions you get rewarded for are pretty basic to accomplish)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Same for me. This is my first ever digital pre-order and right know I don't feel the urge to try Pre-order again :( unless the price is much more attractive then in this case.

Yeah. And now it's past 17:00 (in Sweden), so it's not gonna get fixed today. Thanks. Great first digital pre-order experience.

EDIT: Which most likely means it won't get fixed until fucking TUESDAY! Due to Easter and shit. Man, if that actually turns out to be how this plays out...

low-G

Getting some graphical glitches (tiny black squares) in the water reflections on PC (Nvidia, last drivers that actually work)...

Overall, this is truly a console port this time around... Wish I could have working MSAA...

This game really needs cross platform support between PS4 and PC, no reason for games not to in this era.

Either way, is it possible to do split screen online on this? I want to jump in to the 100 player lobbies with both myself, and my fiance.

ogIoff7.jpg

:/

Getting some graphical glitches (tiny black squares) in the water reflections on PC (Nvidia, last drivers that actually work)...

Overall, this is truly a console port this time around... Wish I could have working MSAA...

Water Reflections on Medium fixed the black squares for me (AMD R9 290X)

Chris R

My Amazon copy has been "Preparing for Shipment" for the past two days.

First and last time trying out the Prime discount I guess, Best Buy never has this issue with GCU

cyba89

Scratch my complaint about the editor from earlier.

Important detail for PC version:
When in the editor go with your mouse to the top and a dropdown menu will open. There you can select the classic editor which works like the past game.

That resolves my biggest issue I had with the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, at least it will be resolved before Easter break.
That's good news!

Well, let's see about that... I'm hopeful, but certainly not convinced.

Wait, this game doesn't have a physical release??

Yes. But for once the digital release was actually cheaper (if you pre-ordered), and this is also the type of game I want available to fire up for a few quick races whenever, like with Trials or Rocket League. So I pre-ordered, and now I have nothing. What fun.

robotrock

Banned
Having some serious issues on PC playing with an Xbox One controller. Game runs fine, but when I exit, my computer freezes up, and clicking my mouse only makes some insane beep noise. I have to force reboot my PC.

Having some serious issues on PC playing with an Xbox One controller. Game runs fine, but when I exit, my computer freezes up, and clicking my mouse only makes some insane beep noise. I have to force reboot my PC.

not a game issue...it's an issue with previous MS Updates...there are 2 of them that caused serious issues with the XBOX ONE Controller

you have to uninstall them and force hide the updates from installing again

KB3140743 & KB3140768

Top Bottom