• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Thewonandonly

Damn this game really does suck up a lot of time. Look up and I've been playing for 3 hours :O

Edit: fuuuuuuuuuuu just got my first green medal and it doesn't even show my ranking :/

JackEtc

Wow, this game is a blast. On and off Trackmania player throughout the years, but I just had some friends over and we played Double Driver and Hotseat from like 6PM - 2AM. Tons of fun.

This isn't really a TM Turbo question but is Trackmania Stadium worth it on PC? I never played a Trackmania previous to the beta and I had a lot of fun with it but I'm not sure if I want to spend $40 on the new one.

Lemonte

This isn't really a TM Turbo question but is Trackmania Stadium worth it on PC? I never played a Trackmania previous to the beta and I had a lot of fun with it but I'm not sure if I want to spend $40 on the new one.

There is TM2 Universal demo with good amount of free content. Maybe try it first before buying.

https://blog.maniaplanet.com/blog/2014/07/11/the-trackmania²-universal-demo-is-released/

I haven't really played much Stadium but as far as I know it has small but active community. So I would say it's worth buying.

cyba89

This game is already worth it for me just to have all the TM2 environments in one package. I absolutely loved the original, Sunrise and United but never got into TM2 because I hated this Maniaplanet stuff.
Feels good to finally have all 10 Trackmania environments in just two games.

Hackbert

you guys are killing me... damn eu release, hurry up. have to work til 11pm, gonna get a snack and than its turbo time. glad to see it so well received.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anybody have a link to the US version? Can only find the demo/trial. I might be able to buy from the demo but then I'd have to login on my PS4 with my US account, buy it, then switch back to my UK one. Would prefer to do it on the webstore.

Was going to buy on US Xbox store but it isn't liking my credit card anymore.

*Splinter

anybody have a link to the US version? Can only find the demo/trial. I might be able to buy from the demo but then I'd have to login on my PS4 with my US account, buy it, then switch back to my UK one. Would prefer to do it on the webstore.

You can buy from the demo, AFAIK that's the only way people have been able to buy from the US store.

Tizoc

For whatever bizarre reason the buy button isnt up on us psn
If u dl the demo just run it and buy it thru the demo from a link in its main menu

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
As someone that would place trackmania top 5 as far as franchises, this fits me like a glove. Going to work now with less than 3 hours of sleep, lol.

It's a strange release date in the UK Thursday
Shopto and simply games sent it out yesterday due to the Easter weekend
Was thinking they would at least be able to ship it for the actual release date , Fingers crossed it turns up today or tomorrow , Still says processing on my order page though.

Repo Man

Day off and pay day tomorrow so I know what I'll be doing! Need to try and do a music playlist for this tonight since the bgm from what I've heard in youtube videos seems a bit bland, not that I was expecting anything really tbh.

Havent tried the online component yet... is there any side-by-side racing or is it all "room" racing where everyone races separately and a room leaderboard is updated? I'd love some online racing mayhem with everyone on the same track even if they're ghosts.

*Splinter

Havent tried the online component yet... is there any side-by-side racing or is it all "room" racing where everyone races separately and a room leaderboard is updated? I'd love some online racing mayhem with everyone on the same track even if they're ghosts.
It's all on the same track, but yes they are ghosts

ViciousDS

Banned
sales for america scare me though, I think I saw maybe 10,000 players that did any of the campaign tracks that weren't in the beta........damn it....more people need to buy, play this and create content!!!

sales for america scare me though, I think I saw maybe 10,000 players that did any of the campaign tracks that weren't in the beta........damn it....more people need to buy, play this and create content!!!
Ubisoft doesn't seem to be doing very much marketing at all for this game, sadly. I'm also guessing that most existing Trackmania fans are waiting for the PC release since that's where the series' home has historically been.

*Splinter

It's not even in the store, I can't imagine how much that is hurting sales :/

ekim

Are leaderboards split by platform?

napalmjam

This game is awesome and the track creation tool is easy think ill just make tracks from scratch rather than automatically. It just needs the hornet from Daytona !

FDC1

At the opposite game seems really popular in France. On the PS4 beta, one fifth of the players were French.

Ubisoft doesn't seem to be doing very much marketing at all for this game, sadly. I'm also guessing that most existing Trackmania fans are waiting for the PC release since that's where the series' home has historically been.
Yea you'd think after making it "console friendly" they'd work for that audience. The ps store blunder is pathetic. That said, I'm in the Illinois track mania elite!

antitrop

The whole "download the demo first and then buy in-game" thing is going to destroy sales potential. I was specifically looking for this game and still wasn't sure how to go about buying it, window shoppers don't stand a chance.

I had to google "How to buy Trackmania Turbo on PS4", like wtf.

5taquitos

The whole "download the demo first and then buy in-game" thing is going to destroy sales potential. I was specifically looking for this game and still wasn't sure how to go about buying it, window shoppers don't stand a chance.

Yeah, it sucks, it's going to kill any chances at a large and involved player base.

-griffy-

Banned

It wouldn't be a Trackmania game if everything was clear and normal as far as what version you need and how to buy it.

legbone

wow, i have completed all five tracks in the demo (guess there were more in the beta, which I was in) and have gold on all but the last one which is the three lap race (hate those) which I have a measly bronze on. This is a great game. I have always wanted to play the trackmania series but never have had a computer that was good for gaming. I had a blast trying to get gold on all four tracks (strangely, the second one took me the longest since I can't really get the hang of the drift). I think I even got in the top 10 (i think i'm at 6th) on one of the tracks here in Arkansas. So cool that it can show state rankings. Unfortunately I have had some medical bills lately and can't pick this up at the moment. Oh well, I will get it someday.

edit: PS, I'm rocking the red panda badge and the rising sun paint. Go Division GAF!

Doofcake

Long-time Trackmania fan, but I'm skipping this one.

It's a shame, because Lagoon is a ton of fun and I'd love to see what I and my friends could come up with using it, but the game's been dumbed down so much. The editor controls on PC are pretty much straight ported from the console version, which are absolutely horrid. No real advanced options available (ghost blocks and such), no mediatracker, car customization is also terribly simplified, no horns, no custom dedicated servers.
The rooms and level sharing are great, but everything else sucks ass.

JackEtc

Long-time Trackmania fan, but I'm skipping this one.

It's a shame, because Lagoon is a ton of fun and I'd love to see what I and my friends could come up with using it, but the game's been dumbed down so much. The editor controls on PC are pretty much straight ported from the console version, which are absolutely horrid. No real advanced options available (ghost blocks and such), no mediatracker, car customization is also terribly simplified, no horns, no custom dedicated servers.
The rooms and level sharing are great, but everything else sucks ass.

Those are all sort of side mechanics though, no? The core trackmania here (the driving and the levels) are GREAT, and IMO that's what really matters. But suit yourself...

Those are all sort of side mechanics though, no? The core trackmania here (the driving and the levels) are GREAT, and IMO that's what really matters. But suit yourself...
I mean it's all up to what people look for in a Trackmania game. I have no real reverence for the series on PC, I like arcade racers and the game delivers hard. If you like the modding/custom server insanity the pc version is known for you're bound to be disappointed

Top Bottom