• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Everdred

Absolutely loving the game so far. I feel like I recognize a lot of these tracks in campaign but I don't mind. Hope the population on PS4 stays strong.

NickMitch

The GB QL really tipped me into HYPE!!! mode. Looks really really fun! Will wait for sale though...im under budget restraints

FDC1

According to their official twitter and forums, Ubi is investigating on the EU preorder problems. I hope we'll get a solution by tonight.

Inside

Same issue for me. Pre-ordered on PSN last week and now it says I need to unlock full game...

Hope they solve this issue asap!

After unlock it will still be possible to get trophies right? As it carry over game progress from the beta

Phinor

So much more comfortable with a keyboard on PC. Not saying it was bad with a gamepad last week with the beta but I'm so used to keyboard controls that it's a day/night difference for me.

On the negative side, AA options are completely lacking. Only FXAA actually works, it does offer some other options outside the game but those don't stick. Same issue with fullscreen resolution, it offers 2560x1440 but at least for me, it doesn't work. It uses 1080p regardless of what resolution above that I select but everything below 1080p works as it should. At least windowed fullscreen renders the game properly so it's not a huge issue.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why can I buy the game again on PS Store? I can also just download it (I pre-ordered), it's just weird that I seemingly have the option to buy it again. And it doesn't say "bought" (or whatever), like games you've bought normally do.

Why can I buy the game again on PS Store? I can also just download it (I pre-ordered), it's just weird that I seemingly have the option to buy it again. And it doesn't say "bought" (or whatever), like games you've bought normally do.

Because they done fucked up.

Tizoc

Same issue for me. Pre-ordered on PSN last week and now it says I need to unlock full game...

Hope they solve this issue asap!

After unlock it will still be possible to get trophies right? As it carry over game progress from the beta
Ill be home in 4 hours time and i really want to dive into this
Fix ur neglectful ish ubi!

Hackbert

narf... very annoying this whole spectacle. have to leave for work now. hopefully it is fixed by tonight, would be a shame to not be able to play it, given that tomorrow is a holiday

Piccoro

So does the preorder issue is happening with ALL people in EU who pre order it?
I haven't had the chance to try it because the game unlocked yesterday at midnight, but this better be solved by tonight...

bomer

So much more comfortable with a keyboard on PC. Not saying it was bad with a gamepad last week with the beta but I'm so used to keyboard controls that it's a day/night difference for me.

On the negative side, AA options are completely lacking. Only FXAA actually works, it does offer some other options outside the game but those don't stick. Same issue with fullscreen resolution, it offers 2560x1440 but at least for me, it doesn't work. It uses 1080p regardless of what resolution above that I select but everything below 1080p works as it should. At least windowed fullscreen renders the game properly so it's not a huge issue.

Yeah same thing here. 1440p on fullscreen seems to drop to 1080p and my windows blow out to my second monitor. Fullscreen windows maxes out at 1080p :( Time to dig through .ini files.

edit - nope, config is stored in a binary file :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Because they done fucked up.

In what way? I haven't been home yet. Will I not be able to play it? What the fuck have I paid for then?

EDIT: OK, so what I can download right now, even though I've paid for the game in advance, is just the trial? Well, fuck that. Fix this shit, Guer- Sony!

Tizoc

In what way? I haven't been home yet. Will I not be able to play it? What the fuck have I paid for then?
Eu psn oreorders of the game is bugged; the game does not recognize that the full game unlock is purchased and atm will function as if is only the demo

Use the dpad on dirt tracks. Far less twitchy.

I appreciate the varying handling styles, but wish the campaign let you just bang out stadium from white to black without having to hop between the others for example.

I get in a groove only to have to get in a new car when I finish a chunk of a series.

This.

But what a great game. Never played a Trackmania before and I'm having a whale of a time! Feel like there's so much to sink my teeth into as well, great package.

Yeah game in amazing... but the "feel" of the dirt tracks and that buggy... just god awful IMHO. That off road junk should be it's own Trials-esq buggy game.

I too get annoyed having to switch from the cars on tarmac to the off road buggy because it's so different than the other three. Really stands out... and not in a good way.

Tizoc

What a load of shit. But then again, what was I expecting.
That eu psn would encounter this issue? Ive got various games day 1 onneu psnnand did not encounter this issue
It is rare yes but one that should not even happen to begin with
Ubi done ubi style neglected their ish :v

Hackbert

Is.it true this game.has 100 person ghost multilayer is it.fun?

if you like the time attack style, than yes it is very fun. and it kinda helps, if you see a ghost better than you and wich trackline he uses. and of course the hilarious fails.

just watch a few livestreams to get an impression. off i go. hopefully to return to a fixed purchase tonight...

Sony support seem to be suggesting a refund and then to re-buy the game - of course, you'll be paying more than the pre-order price, which begs the question: what the hell was the point of pre-ordering?

Never again, what a farce.

Sony support seem to be suggesting a refund and then to re-buy the game - of course, you'll be paying more than the pre-order price, which begs the question: what the hell was the point of pre-ordering?

What in the actual fuck? Wish I bought in on the PC now. So much for the convenience of consoles.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

WHAT!? No, fuck that, fuck Sony if that's their "solution". I pre-ordered only because doing so gave me a discount, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered (it's digital and you get no bonus content, so there's literally no point). I bought the game at that price, I will have it at that price. And I also don't want to go through the hassle of requesting a refund and all that BS, for a fucking digital download. Unacceptable. Fix this, NOW.

Tizoc

This should be accepted only if they refund it as gbp 30
This issue isnt apparent with us psn copies so unless ubi get off their asses insuggest not following what eu psn suggests

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This issue isnt apparent with us psn copies so unless ubi get off their asses insuggest not following what eu psn suggests
Isn't that simply because the game was only available via the in-game unlocking method in the US? In Europe it was available via purchase AND in-game unlock - which seems to be the issue here, as the game is the exact same via both avenues (contains the in-game unlocking functionality).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Isn't that simply because the game was only available via the in-game unlocking method in the US? In Europe it was available via purchase AND in-game unlock - which seems to be the issue here, as the game is the exact same via both avenues (contains the in-game unlocking functionality).

Pretty sure you can buy it outright in the US too? The issue is the pre-order, which has utterly failed to unlock the full game. We have paid for absolutely nothing at this point.

i just made a playlist on spotify with the songs from motorstorm and motorstorm: pacific rift.
totally fits this game. you guys should try it!

I think I'll phone up, get a refund and then buy Dark Souls 3 on the PC. I'm not paying for the phone call, then paying more on top for a game I already purchased. Fucking Sony and Ubi. You failed.

*Splinter

I think I'll phone up, get a refund and then buy Dark Souls 3 on the PC. I'm not paying for the phone call, then paying more on top for a game I already purchased. Fucking Sony and Ubi. You failed.
Why would you? It's affecting every preordered so it's going to be fixed asap with or without you whining at some customer service drone.

Top Bottom