• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Faiz

Just poking fun at how you consider its form and function sacrilege. Your son is going to grow up shouting "Dinosaur, not Truk"

And if I had a legit problem with it you think I would be here agreeing it's a good toy for a kid, in the very post you responded to, no less? Or that my kid would even have one?

And the sacrilege joke was more about it essentially being the Beast Wars Megatron transformation with Prime not because "it's not truk lol".

So almost $50 more, is Inferno really huge in comparison to Iron Hide and Ratchet MPs? Didn't think he was that big, and from the pics of him holding up Red Alert in his arms, doesn't seem to be that much of a size difference for price.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So almost $50 more, is Inferno really huge in comparison to Iron Hide and Ratchet MPs? Didn't think he was that big, and from the pics of him holding up Red Alert in his arms, doesn't seem to be that much of a size difference for price.

He does seem to be a bit larger than Ironhide, and has some pretty complex engineering going on.

NEO0MJ

Just got my MO shockwave and was wondering how to pull the neck up. There seems to be a hold it but I have no idea how to raise it and I'm too afraid to pull from the head.

In other news I also got a Bellerophon. I'm mentioning this because it was designed by fan favorite artist Don Figueroa. Really cool figure overall.

28217301146_bf2207b69b_o.png
28147284772_c7346c88ba_o.png

Drayco21

A friend and I went to a local flea market this weekend, and I picked up some rad Transformers there;

I wasn't really actively collecting when Dark of the Moon came out, so Skyhammer completely passed me by; he's really cool. Transforming him is a little fiddly, but really satisfying once you get it down, and I love his design. Wreckage was a pretty fun extra; he was missing his weapons, but he's still a neat design, and his dumb stomach cannon all the gun he needs. Non-movie appearing movie toys are a ton of fun.

Also picked up a Beast Wars Bantor for $2, and he might be the one I'm most excited about- I loved the show, but never had the toys growing up, so Bantor is the first figure from the era I've picked up. His joints are surprisingly tight considering they're ball joints on an almost 20 year old toy, and his asymmetrical design is real dumb, I like it a whole lot.

A little later, I came across some new stuff finally; no Titans Return or Quillfire, but I did find the latter's wavemate, Thunderhoof. The only other RID figure I've picked up has been Steeljaw, and holy shit there's such a night and day difference between the two of them; he almost feels like a normal release, instead of a budget kids line figure. Still hoping I find a Quillfire before the line disappears from shelves, but Thunderhoof is a fun consolation prize.

My dear MTMTE scholars, can I impose on you? I just bought Titans Returns' Rewind, and I think I'm going to spruce it up a bit to make it more comic-accurate. Thing is, I can't find any image of him in data slug mode. It's not like he usually has a lot of reasons to change forms, but I seem to remember he did it at least once? If any of you could dig up such an image, it would help a lot!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I don't think they've ever shown Rewind in alt-mode. We've seen other data slug Cybertronians in alt-mode, but not Rewind specifically, that I can recall.

This explains a few things, namely
how any of the Autobots currently on the Lost Light expected to avoid a court martial after leaving the "Megatron fan club" to die at the hands of the DJD
. I just reread issue 50 and indeed,
Getaway never mentions it would be the DJD that'd arrive, never gets to hear it's the DJD before he shuts off communications, and says that only Megatron would die
. Well played, Roberts.

I wonder what
Getaway
's reaction will be after he learns
about the DJD, but knowing him, he'll probably only care as far as it makes his actions so much more murderous by omission and therefore less likely to be overlooked
. Hopefully
the rest of the crew might be horrified at what they've done
, though.

Mindwipe

My dear MTMTE scholars, can I impose on you? I just bought Titans Returns' Rewind, and I think I'm going to spruce it up a bit to make it more comic-accurate. Thing is, I can't find any image of him in data slug mode. It's not like he usually has a lot of reasons to change forms, but I seem to remember he did it at least once? If any of you could dig up such an image, it would help a lot!

He transforms into dataslug mode in the Annual, but the art is terrible so I wouldn't take much from it.

I would assume he is supposed to look like the Aquetas dataslug though, which Prowl has held prominently a bunch of times such as the end of LSOTW. I think on one of the covers too.

Tizoc

This explains a few things, namely
how any of the Autobots currently on the Lost Light expected to avoid a court martial after leaving the "Megatron fan club" to die at the hands of the DJD
. I just reread issue 50 and indeed,
Getaway never mentions it would be the DJD that'd arrive, never gets to hear it's the DJD before he shuts off communications, and says that only Megatron would die
. Well played, Roberts.

I wonder what
Getaway
's reaction will be after he learns
about the DJD, but knowing him, he'll probably only care as far as it makes his actions so much more murderous by omission and therefore less likely to be overlooked
. Hopefully
the rest of the crew might be horrified at what they've done
, though.

This begs the question though
did THUNDERCLASH know about this or was he kept in the dark?

This begs the question though
did THUNDERCLASH know about this or was he kept in the dark?

That's a very good question. The wiki assumes
he was on it
but
the pic of the mutineers doesn't show him
, and I have a hard time believing
he of all bots would go against a direct order from a Prime, an Autobot military trial ruling, and endanger fellow Autobots just to get some sense of revenge
. Hopefully we'll learn what's up with that in this issue.

He transforms into dataslug mode in the Annual, but the art is terrible so I wouldn't take much from it.

I would assume he is supposed to look like the Aquetas dataslug though, which Prowl has held prominently a bunch of times such as the end of LSOTW. I think on one of the covers too.

That actually supports an idea I was mulling about. I don't really like the tablet/cassette foil thing on the flat side of the dataslug / tablet mode, and it even looks like it may peel at any moment. I was thinking of replacing it with a simple Autobot logo, and that's precisely what the Aequitas dataslug has.
Prowl_LSOTW5_Pressure.jpg

LSotW-InWordAndDeed.jpg

As an aside, assuming what Verity has in that pic is an actual Autobot dataslug and not a tablet (since it's a backup), they seem to be about the same size, which makes this Rewind's alt mode work pretty nice as both.

So is the new IDW event taking the current transformers series and making it part of all the other Hasbro properties or they doing a separate universe type deal for this? Cause isn't the timeline all kinds of wrong for this?

Same goes for GI Joe, last they left off their series, GI Joe had a time skip and much of the cast was killed off as they tried to make the show into some kind of 24/Homeland like spy thriller series.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I have my original G1 and two of the Platinums, plus an original commissioned sketch of him by Livio Ramondelli. Giant robo-dinosaurs are kind of my jam.

I was wondering how G1 they'd go with the design for the Titan Class version, and their choice of "Totally and utterly GEEWUN" is fine by me.

Drayco21

IN PRIMUS' NAME I AM GIVING YOU THE GLORY

My wallet isn't ready

But my heart sure is

I have my original G1 and two of the Platinums, plus an original commissioned sketch of him by Livio Ramondelli. Giant robo-dinosaurs are kind of my jam.

I was wondering how G1 they'd go with the design for the Titan Class version, and their choice of "Totally and utterly GEEWUN" is fine by me.

There's a part of me that was hoping for the WfC design or something more original because the G1 toy was so recently reissued and still seems to hold up, but I'll take this too. Can't wait.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
There's a part of me that was hoping for the WfC design or something more original because the G1 toy was so recently reissued and still seems to hold up, but I'll take this too. Can't wait.

I will gladly shell out for a Titan Class WfC Trypticon and a Titan Class Monstrosity Trypticon on top of this one. All the Trypticons. Run at me with those damn things.

But as we know, after this one is Scorponok and then likely Omega Supreme. And that's cool, too.

Please make Omega Supreme the TFA design altered to fit the Generations/G1 line, rocket bases are sooo 1985

muteki

Hurry up Trypticon!

cuz I want my Scorponok

Actually really curious how it goes, as they can't really remold a titan size dinosaur from anything.

I'm assuming we'll get pics at Comic-Con? In any case that drawing could perfectly be of his G1 self so indeed they seem to be going for max G1 accuracy for the dino mode.

I know it wouldn't be G1 accurate but I hope they give him another alt mode besides "base mode" (not too fond of those). The spaceship mode from War for Cybertron would be awesome. Would it be too sacrilegious if they actually gave him a robot mode? Too much overlap with Grimlock?

Nothing speaking to me much from any of this yet. I want to see Alpha Trion's face close up, but I very much doubt he'll break the streak of Voyagers and Leaders in this line being ruined by the tiny head / helmet gimmick.

Also Menasor and Superion at 70$ each from Amazon.com for those that live in the US and want them:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIX29E/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIWD80/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Victarion reportedly too but currently sold out:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIWZEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

aparisi2274

Nothing speaking to me much from any of this yet. I want to see Alpha Trion's face close up, but I very much doubt he'll break the streak of Voyagers and Leaders in this line being ruined by the tiny head / helmet gimmick.

Also Menasor and Superion at 70$ each from Amazon.com for those that live in the US and want them:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIX29E/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIWD80/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Victarion reportedly too but currently sold out:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIWZEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I wish Devastator would hit that price... I'd buy it in a second.

yami4ct

Anyone think we'll ever see a MP Triple Changer? I would love to get a MP Astrotrain...

We'll get there eventually and probably pretty soon. The season 1 cast is almost wrapped up and they aren't just going to just drop G1 from the MP line after that. The Blitzwing and Astrotrain are both pretty prominent S2 characters.

Springer might come before both, though, if they lean into the movie line.

aparisi2274

We'll get there eventually and probably pretty soon. The season 1 cast is almost wrapped up and they aren't just going to just drop G1 from the MP line after that. The Blitzwing and Astrotrain are both pretty prominent S2 characters.

Springer might come before both, though, if they lean into the movie line.

I wouldnt mind seeing an MP Springer... or even more Dinobots, which I assume have to be on some sort of drawing board...

yami4ct

I wouldnt mind seeing an MP Springer... or even more Dinobots, which I assume have to be on some sort of drawing board...

I think a lot of hope for the Dinobots sits on the back of MP Inferno. They are costly new molds of large figures for B-Characters that have limited repaint value and are going to have to be sold at a high price, limiting the market.

If MP Inferno succeeds, that proves to a certain extent that expensive figures for B-Tier figures can sell. Committing to 4 more Dinobots becomes a lot easier then.

aparisi2274

I think a lot of hope for the Dinobots sits on the back of MP Inferno. They are costly new molds of large figures for B-Characters that have limited repaint value and are going to have to be sold at a high price, limiting the market.

If MP Inferno succeeds, that proves to a certain extent that expensive figures for B-Tier figures can sell. Committing to 4 more Dinobots becomes a lot easier then.

I just do not see Inferno being a popular seller... I mean like you said, he is a B level character in the transformers universe, one that surprised me when announced.

yami4ct

I just do not see Inferno being a popular seller... I mean like you said, he is a B level character in the transformers universe, one that surprised me when announced.

Well, he's already sold out at HLJ. A lot of MPs do that early on, but it's not a certainty and a good sign. Means it's doing well or that Takara at least has reasonable expectations.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Fans Toys, who make the best third party Masterpiece stuff, are doing a Springer. Looks pretty rough right now, but they actively improve their designs from the prototypes pretty often. The final of their MP Grimlock looks worlds better than their initial proto. They're also doing a Blitzwing, which I'll be waiting for instead of settling for the okay KFC Ditka or the terrible DX-9 Gewalt.

Top Bottom