• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Tizoc

Why buy the old toy? Why buy after two weeks?

1- I want something affordable, I'm a cheap bastard :p If there is a better model I'll consider getting it. This one comes with Ravage and Lazerbeak though which are quite memorable cassettes.
2- I clear my Credit card by then, I'm a stickler for these things.
3- It's a b-day gift for my brother.

NEO0MJ

I'd rather buy the Fall of Cybertron version if the MP is out of range but that's just me :p

Also it was my birthday today but I'll probably get nothing ( ._.)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Presumably the gift is in part nostalgic, and Tizoc is looking for a G1 Soundwave in particular, so the FoC Soundwave would be counterproductive. Also finding an FoC Soundwave in the box would be the same price or higher at this point.

The only alternative I would suggest would be Comic Con 2009 Soundwave which costs more but does come with four cassettes instead of two (Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, and Ratbat). Also the 2009 SDCC one has a flat cassette door chest that holds one cassette, like the original G1 figure, while the Classics version that Tizoc plans to buy has a protruding cassette door chest that holds two cassettes, being based on the Japan-only Soundblaster mold.

G1 Chest:
cx8ueSj.jpg

Expanded Chest:
Tw9wUvR.jpg

Tizoc

Yup i onow about th mold the toy im getting is based on
Plus my brother is more familiar with g1 than the recent tf series of thr past decade :p

aparisi2274

Here is Hot Rod's alt-mode..

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Hot-Rod-928x250.jpg

Lamborghini Centenario LP770-4

My question is this...if they are now allowed to use the Lambo, why couldnt they work on getting it in the 3rd movie, and making Sideswipe a Lambo, like he was in the G1 series...

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Hot-Rod-928x250.jpg

My question is this...if they are now allowed to use the Lambo, why couldnt they work on getting it in the 3rd movie, and making Sideswipe a Lambo, like he was in the G1 series...

Because they didn't care what he looked like in the G1 series... like pretty much all the movie designs

Drayco21

That is a good looking car. Hope the Deluxe ends up keeping most of the charm, and doesn't just become an unlicensed blob.

Drayco21

Sideswipe was probably killed by Cemetery Wind like all the other Autobots not named Prime and Bumblebee before AoE happened.

GuyKazama

Well, I'll leave this here.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/09/08/rumor-masterpiece-megatron-v2-prototype-revealed-324586

Whether these are of a new official mp Megs or yet another 3rd party offering, I think this is by far the closest attempt yet to get him right. I'll be watching this one closely.

I'm just going to get them all and the Megatrons can fight it out on the shelf.

Based on the timing of the MP-29 Shockwave reveal around the same time last year, this guy is about 7 months away.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Believe it when I see it. He's a little skinny. Hopefully if it's real there's an option to side-mount the cannon on his arm.

Curious what the "Gun can not be straight" thing is about. Flaw in the prototype?

yami4ct

I assume the gun not being straight is either a flaw in the prototype or a quirk of the transformation. It doesn't look that far off straight and I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

If this is really takara's, coming out so hot on the heels of 3P options is no coincidence.

Enkidu

I think that is a pretty decent looking Megatron. It has compromises like all the third party ones, but it looks good enough that I would gladly trade in my Apollyon for it if it turns out to be legit. At least I'm pretty confident that they won't make the same mistake as with Shockwave and make him too short, there's no way they would make him noticeably shorter than Prime.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I assume the gun not being straight is either a flaw in the prototype or a quirk of the transformation. It doesn't look that far off straight and I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

If this is really takara's, coming out so hot on the heels of 3P options is no coincidence.

It would also explain why the 3P ones came out so damn fast after being first shown. Despotron already shipped, which is way sooner than I expected.

If that's the Takara one I could justify getting it alongside Despotron. MaybeTakara (and DX9) is more cartoon style, but I really like Despotron's oversized sort of Dreamwave-era Megatron look, too.

I assumed the gun not being straight was an orange plug alternative

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I had Appolyon but never really worked for me, his arms were loose, hands way to hard to fold away for alt mode, leg kibble all floppy, and his upper legs never pegged in right. Sold him off a long while ago.

Have the Maketoys guy on its way to fill in the gap but I'll prob get the official one eventually (gotta be a year out if not more)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
All the Megs

Y4nskwo.jpg

All the single Meggys.

Takara (confirmed yet?) nails the G1 show look, DX9 nails the G1 movie look, MakeToys nails the Dreamwave look, and Apollyon...was better than nothing at the time, I guess.

In terms of the MP shelf I dunno. I need to see the Takara one with paint on but DX9's kinda winning out right now.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
MP Megs v2 needs to be something truly special for me to even consider replacing my X-Transbot Apollyon.

The legs not being a jumbled mess of kibble is enough to boot Apollyon off my shelf. But that applies to all three of them, really. Apollyon was never really tremendously great, he was just better than MP Megs in every way, which is exactly what he needed to be.

JLynn

According to Blu-ray.com, the Shout Factory Transformers The Movie bluray is region free. So those living in the UK, Europe, and Australia can import the steelbook and both discs will play with no problems.

According to Blu-ray.com, the Shout Factory Transformers The Movie bluray is region free. So those living in the UK, Europe, and Australia can import the steelbook and both discs will play with no problems.

Got mine in (US) and they remastered it beautifully. Comes with a poster of the cover too.

According to a local paper it looks like they're filming some scenes for the new movie in my neck of the woods (Northumberland/Newcastle, England).

They're apparently filming at Alnwick Castle (which is used for the Harry Potter films), a local beach all weekend and a street in Newcastle city center. Might get down and see what I can see.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The bad news on Tarn is that preorders for him are gone just about everywhere. Hopefully they up the production run.

mrkgoo

I don't read any transformers comics any more, but what is chromedome and rewind's relationship? They seem to be mentioned together a lot.

After getting hardhead I keep feel like wanting to buy more transformers....

I don't read any transformers comics any more, but what is chromedome and rewind's relationship? They seem to be mentioned together a lot.

After getting hardhead I keep feel like wanting to buy more transformers....
Lovers, significant others, partners, whatever you wanna call it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Advice on MP Transformers to add to my collection?:

Owned:
Hasbro MP10 Convoy
Hasbro Bee with Daniel Exosuit
Takara Hot Rodimus

Ordered:
Beast Wars Optimus Primal
Beast Wars Cheetor
Soundwave re-issue on BBTS

Will Buy once pre-orders open:
Jazz
Megatron (please be real, lol)

Also was wondering if anyone here has an Earth Wars squad that needs a player?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Advice on MP Transformers to add to my collection?:

Owned:
Hasbro MP10 Convoy
Hasbro Bee with Daniel Exosuit
Takara Hot Rodimus

Ordered:
Beast Wars Optimus Primal
Beast Wars Cheetor
Soundwave re-issue on BBTS

Will Buy once pre-orders open:
Jazz
Megatron (please be real, lol)

Definitely Ultra Magnus, your favorite Nissan brother (Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen), and Shockwave if you like the character.

I'd say Megatron is much more likely to be real than Jazz at this point.

Rootbeer

Banned
Definitely Ultra Magnus, your favorite Nissan brother (Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen), and Shockwave if you like the character.

I'd say Megatron is much more likely to be real than Jazz at this point.
Thanks! Well, Bluestreak is one of the cheaper ones to get right now (49.99 on TRU.com... still!) so I'm gonna have to swoop in and get him I guess.

Ultra Magnus I'd love to get. One of the more expensive ones though. He's in top consideration when I can budget it.

Shockwave... I get the recommendation, but I think he's further down on my list than some other people's. Besides, I really like Soundwave and I think he's kind of scratching that itch for me.

Another I've considered is Grimlock... well, I want him, but I'm just going to hold out in case they do a new version or if one of the upcoming third party ones reviews exceptionally well

Top Bottom