• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

That's pretty cool actually. Must make it rewarding to be a collector.

I'm not really a Transformers expert. So transformers like the protectbots, those three Decepticons that turn into a camera, Spectro, Viewfinder and Spyglass.

Roadbuster always looked so rad to me. Didn't know he was in the Transformers movies.

All Transformers were toys initially. They made the comic and cartoon to sell the toys. After a while, both lines introduced a few non-toy characters like Arcee/Unicron (cartoon/movie) and Straxus/Rack'n Ruin/Emirate Xaaron (comics, mostly the UK ones).

The MTMTE series by Dreamwave was their take on the profiles published in the original comic. They included all existing characters, even those that hadn't been used in either story yet.

Most original comic/cartoon-only characters have had toys at this point. Since the IDW comics collaborate with Hasbro, you also see new characters being introduced and then getting toys, like Drift and Windblade, but that's closer to the original arrangement.

The Bay movies are another can of worms, since they mostly just use established names and then make up their own designs for them. These get toys, along with some characters that AREN'T in the film, but get brought in to pad out the toy line.

United_AutobotDrift_toy.jpg

I was considering Drift, but I wasn't sure if the toy came first. I thought it was like Windblade; fan designed, but with a toy to go with her comic appearance.

I was considering Drift, but I wasn't sure if the toy came first. I thought it was like Windblade; fan designed, but with a toy to go with her comic appearance.
I don't know exactly what issue was Drift's first appearance, but Drift Spotlight was 2009, and Generations Drift was 2010.

Tizoc

That's not Chromedome Rewind Cyclonus Tailgate Nautica fuck all I don't know who to pick too many characters with too much depth help.

Can we take this moment to also acknowledge just how much of an (accidental) genius Brainstorm is?
He turned a teleportation device into a fusion canon then turn it into a teleportation den that, even after checking his readings 9 times, teleported people to an alternate universe

Can we take this moment to also acknowledge just how much of an (accidental) genius Brainstorm is?
He turned a teleportation device into a fusion canon then turn it into a teleportation den that, even after checking his readings 9 times, teleported people to an alternate universe

I'm actually not sure if (warning, rather big MTMTE / Lost Light spoilers)
his teleporter indeed sent them to the Functionist universe, or if it was the planet bomb. I mean, surely it had to do something? Right after Nightbeat reports that nothing happened and the bomb "apparently burned itself out", he says (and I quote): "I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure none of us are supposed to be here anymore.". Innocent statement, or classic Roberts doublespeak where "here" means "this universe"?

Obviously if it was the bomb, everyone in this issue (not just the Cybertron party) are going to be staying in the Functionist universe for a while, as there's no immediately apparent way out of it (or even the necroworld; I think all the ships left, and by now they would be in the main universe). This is in fact another reason for thinking it was the bomb, as focusing this season on one of the biggest remaining hanging threads seems like a logical move.

NEO0MJ

You guys are forgetting about about
Rung's core lighting up and him spitting blood. Wonder if we're getting some answers about him.

Awesome! New mold. I was hoping it wouldn't be a repaint. While this one looks like a solid G1 homage in alt mode, I prefer the bot mode of the Classics one.

Also, that is so getting an Orion Pax redeco.

Awesome! New mold. I was hoping it wouldn't be a repaint. While this one looks like a solid G1 homage in alt mode, I prefer the bot mode of the Classics one.

Also, that is so getting an Orion Pax redeco.

Yep, new mold. I also prefer the classic's bot mode and this one's truck mode. :) I have a feeling these pics aren't too flattering, particularly regarding its color.

Frankly I'm beyond delighted at Titans Return deluxes so far. Really fun to transform and fiddle around, the gimming is surprisingly fun and much less intrusive than being combiner parts. I think I'm going to end up owning one of almost every mold.

Drayco21

That Kup looks pretty lame to me; prefer the last one in every regard, but maybe better pictures and fiddling in-hand will change my mind- I wasn't too hot on Brainstorm or Sentinel at first either, and love them both.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I've been eyeing the oversized Masterpiece Optimus Prime knockoff from Wei Jiang for a while, but I could never justify the super high price for it (almost $140 Canadian from TF-Direct).

Then yesterday I found out how cheap it is on Taobao. I have an aunt who lives in China, so I ordered it along with an Autobot insignia for under 60 bucks Canadian. I do have to wait until maybe February before I actually get it though, but I think that waiting a few weeks is worth it at that price.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Looks like a good Kup to me. I know people love the last one but I will always prefer his Cybertronian truck alt mode to a regular old pickup.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Quality pics of Broadside in all three modes.

Nice.
2Mmno9G.jpg

Woo!
DGYAr1j.jpg

OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT THING
8KYea68.jpg

2 out of 3 ain't bad, I guess. Wonder what they'll repaint him into.

But does that kup figure come with a cygar?

No, but neither did the Generations one. I'm sure a third party will tackle it.

Come to think of it, where are the third party Titanmaster heads already? I was hoping to replace Galvatron's terrible noggin with something better by now.

Quality pics of Broadside in all three modes.

Nice.
2Mmno9G.jpg

Woo!
DGYAr1j.jpg

OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT THING
8KYea68.jpg

2 out of 3 ain't bad, I guess. Wonder what they'll repaint him into.

No, but neither did the Generations one. I'm sure a third party will tackle it.

Come to think of it, where are the third party Titanmaster heads already? I was hoping to replace Galvatron's terrible noggin with something better by now.
oh i used to have broadside as a kid. looks decent.

Mindwipe

I still believe there's a better jet mode for Broadside. It really doesn't make any sense that his legs have to stick up like that, there's nothing underneath. And it's weird that his tailfins are backwards.

I still believe there's a better jet mode for Broadside. It really doesn't make any sense that his legs have to stick up like that, there's nothing underneath. And it's weird that his tailfins are backwards.

Unfortunately the render is exactly like that too. There does seem to be something underneath the legs, probably part of the arms/shoulders. But again, Galvatron's ship mode can be made 200% better just by cutting part of the strut walls inside his legs, allowing them to collapse all the way in, so perhaps some creative modding could improve Broadside too.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
And from the "Careful What You Wish For" files:

97kQogMh.jpg

Hopefully this is just a really rough proof of concept. Or a hoax.

muteki

Arcee from Blurr would make more sense to me, but they probably want to get their moneys worth on that Hot Rod mold.

Broadside looks okay, if you look at it from a Valkyrie w/ Fast/Strike pack point of view.

That's pretty obviously a hoax. They didn't even bother to photoshop an Arcee face on, it's just Rodimus' in white. :D

That said, I don't think any fembots will look particularly good in this line, considering all the heads have to be cubic by neccesity. Which makes me a bit wary about that rumored Nautica...

Savitar

you get this Energon monstrosity and you'll WISH you got the Armada Version:

Considering how much transparent plastic was used on Transformers at one point I can almost believe the old rumor it was recycled from unsold SW prequel merchandise.

Did a quick check on Amazon.es and they sell it for €169,64 (Lowest price was €150,90 on 23-12-2016).

Still a far cry for the 50$ there was in the US a while back, especially with $->€ conversion. I may consider it for less than 100€.

They also have the Autobot Heroes Platinum set on sale for €91,30 (Was nearly €140 last week),

That's a really nice set. I have everyone on it but Kup, but for a new collector it would be pretty amazing.

CW Computron €95,16 and CW Victorion €93,30.

Those are nice prices indeed, although I wanted (and had ordered in a Spanish site that has tragically folded) the Takara Computron. I'll have to keep an eye on Amazon, it's not usually my go-to site for Transformers. Thanks!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
ndeed, although I wanted (and had ordered in a Spanish site that has tragically folded) the Takara Computron. I'll have to keep an eye on Amazon, it's not usually my go-to site for Transformers. Thanks!

Every once in a while you find some weird deal on Amazon with TFs. Right as Wave 3 of the individually packaged Titan Master heads was hitting, someone put the whole set of four up on Amazon for $15, free shipping. I ordered it, because what the hell, worst that could happen is a cancellation, and sure enough, they did indeed show up a few days later. That's basically getting two of them for free.

Every once in a while you find some weird deal on Amazon with TFs. Right as Wave 3 of the individually packaged Titan Master heads was hitting, someone put the whole set of four up on Amazon for $15, free shipping. I ordered it, because what the hell, worst that could happen is a cancellation, and sure enough, they did indeed show up a few days later. That's basically getting two of them for free.

amazon.com is usually on an entirely different level than amazon.es. You get the occasional good deal in .es, but nowhere near the crazy stuff one regularly sees on .com.

MP Megatron 2.0 transformation CG demo

If you like super complicated transformations, I think your Toy of the Year for 2017 is already predetermined.

"URL signature expired". :/

Edit: Holy shit. I'm not averse to complex transformations but one has to question how durable can it be with all those small, thin moving parts, especially considering that a friend of mine broke something when transforming and showing the original MP Megatron to me. :S

Aske

"URL signature expired". :/

Edit: Holy shit. I'm not averse to complex transformations but one has to question how durable can it be with all those small, thin moving parts, especially considering that a friend of mine broke something when transforming and showing the original MP Megatron to me. :S

I don't care that much for Megatron, but I'm so excited to see the reviews for this. If it turns out to be really, really good, I might feel compelled to pick it up just because I'm so awed by the design.

Color prototype shot of FansToys Omega Supreme.

sySgXEz.jpg

This is going to be phenomenal. I'm waiting for more news on FansToys Hot Rod. That'll be my next purchase after Sovereign. Not going to buy Omega, but it's another toy that's just such an incredible piece that I'll massively enjoy it vicariously through others.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
FansToys put up some official shots of Omega in response to the snapshots of the one in the case. Damn this thing is awesome. That's Combiner Wars Devastator he's dwarfing there in the second pic.

KQPwTA8.jpg

4Wn8xS0.jpg

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Look at these badass motherfuckers. Look at how good those are. FansToys is just incredible. The only 3rd party MP maker whose product stands up next to Takara's official output.

5YayG3a.jpg

NNE1cvD.jpg

sxGvTXY.jpg

CsiOZ4t.jpg

Wd5dbTg.jpg

4C4ngC1.jpg

Top Bottom