• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Riou

So where is it 39.99 in Canada? I'm looking at gamespot.ca and ebgames.ca website and i see 64.99 for the ps3 and 360 versions.

nvm: i see that you can pick it up for 39.99 at walmart. Wonder if you can pricematch that in other stores.

Lothars

Riou said:
So where is it 39.99 in Canada? I'm looking at gamespot.ca and ebgames.ca website and i see 64.99 for the ps3 and 360 versions.

Walmart is the main one that has it for 39.99

Beth Cyra

Who the fuck is Zeta Prime? What happened to Sentinel? Outside of that though my only real problem is no Ultra Magnus on the Autobot side for the story mode and no Prowl.

Love the Beast Wars love in here! :D

FYI; Next Level Games hired Richard Newman to voice as the Bear Hugger in Punch-Out, he was the voice of Rhinox. :D

Are there any deals for Cybertron Adventures in Canada? :(

Riou

Why don`t you just get your pre order money back or move that money to another game? Paying 64.99 for just shockwave seems pretty stupid.

Nizz

Can anyone who gets the PS3 version post their impressions? I haven't seen a single clip of footage of that version.

Spike

Reluctant-Hero said:
Yup, I'm stoked for this too! But I'm only renting a copy from Gamefly as of right now. But getting "Jazz" fas a DLC character is tempting...

Does anyone know how Best Buy is working this? Is it like their past reservation system where one can go in, slap down 5 bucks, and walk out with a game case & DLC code/card?

The code is actually inside the game case.

10147809.jpg

Falagard

I'm really stoked for this game. I'm 33, so I was playing with the original Transformers back when they first came out and have been waiting for a good Transformers game ever since.

The movies were a disappointment. I can't wait until 10 or 15 years from now when they do a reboot of the franchise :-D

JdFoX187

Banned
Falagard said:
I'm really stoked for this game. I'm 33, so I was playing with the original Transformers back when they first came out and have been waiting for a good Transformers game ever since.

The movies were a disappointment. I can't wait until 10 or 15 years from now when they do a reboot of the franchise :-D
Ten to 15 years from now? Judging by the way Hollywood is going, a reboot is probably already in pre-production. Release date with Michael Cera as Sam Witwicky will probably be 2013.

Beast Wars ? bleh ... G1 all the way. I guess they kinda messed with the story a bit having Aerialbots and Jetfire before the Autobots arrive on Earth.

The game is almost insta-win for having Peter Cullen and Omega Supreme(shame he doesn't seem playable).

I'll probably grab this tomorrow at lunch.

Paid if off earlier today! I'm sooooo pumped. And I somehow managed to luck out on having two days off of work. So whats the status on friend list thread in the online section or should we just do the ol' metatag? If you want a competent medic/engineer your going to want me on your side :).

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I can't wait. It's very irritating knowing that I have class tomorrow night that will eat into my game time. Looks like I'm gonna have to get up early to get some playing in before class.

My Prime and Bumblebee figures are all ready to go .

2d2cmej

Lothars

Falagard said:

Really I loved the movies and thought they were enjoyable, I am looking forward to this game as well.

Foxix said:
The first run best buy gets just has the code inside the case. Not sure about GS though. I'm currently prodding a friend that works there for more info :lol

As for reviews... This is basically it so far http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252718

And to wag: sorta spoiler?
I watched some of the streams and yeah he still uses cassettes, rumble and a few other even make an appearance along with the line "First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside" However the voice actor had clearly never seen the movie.
the topic of your spoiler is a mother fucker on hard mode

Foxix Von

SHAZAAM! Get the hook up to Cybertron with the gaf MetaTag! Just add Teletraan GAF and get the download.

It's like your own personal NeoGaf spacebridge!

bigswords

This game is the batman of the year. Unknown quality movie game, but it looks really good judging from the mp demo.

I really didn't want to buy any more Activision games, I am making that fucker so rich that he wants to do subscription to Call of Duty mp.

Yes and Starcraft 2 is gonna cost 109 sgd in my country so awesome....

Whimsical Phil said:
I can't wait. It's very irritating knowing that I have class tomorrow night that will eat into my game time. Looks like I'm gonna have to get up early to get some playing in before class.

My Prime and Bumblebee figures are all ready to go .

2d2cmej
I can't find those anywhere, where did you find them?

The multiplayer demo hasn't totally sold me yet, but there's so few reviews or campaign gameplay videos. I don't know what to do!

Mayyhem

lastplayed said:
The multiplayer demo hasn't totally sold me yet, but there's so few reviews or campaign gameplay videos. I don't know what to do!
Same...exact...position.

Where are the reviews!? (They don't matter much but I haven't heard much about the game other than this MP demo)

I got my copy from EB yesterday and they charged me $59Aust for it (was meant to be $79, but they fucked up and were discounting $20 off it).

I went back today to pick up my pre-order code as they didn't have them yesterday when I picked up my copy.

Anyway, it says that in order to unlock Jazz and Shockwave, I have to go to www.transformersgame.eu enter the codes there, and then they'll email me the codes for the 360. The problem is, that site doesn't work.

Anyone else in Aust who got their copy and pre-order bonus having the same issue redeeming your code???

Mayyhem

Foxix said:
One word: embargo.
Figured, sucks that it'll probably be tomorrow though, considering it's going to be 39.99 in Canada tomorrow and It will sell fast. I'm just curious about what a few review sites will think of it.

Foxix said:
SHAZAAM! Get the hook up to Cybertron with the gaf MetaTag! Just add Teletraan GAF and get the download.

It's like your own personal NeoGaf spacebridge!
Sweet deal. I'll be playing the campaign as soon as I get off work tomorrow, looking forward to co-op with fellow TF GAFers.

Also, is anyone else with a pre-order from Gamestop/EB planning to get the Shockwave code, return the game for a full refund and buy the game from Best Buy for Jazz? That's my plan for tomorrow.

Whimsical Phil

Barrow Roll said:
Also, is anyone else with a pre-order from Gamestop/EB planning to get the Shockwave code, return the game for a full refund and buy the game from Best Buy for Jazz? That's my plan for tomorrow.
Isn't the download code for Shockwave actually included in the case? I can't imagine that GameStop would give you a full refund after you've opened the game and removed the code.

For anyone who's interested in the DS version(s):

It's not mentioned in the OP (unless I missed it/it gets updated), but Toys R Us has an exclusive character in the DS versions of the game. From their site:

Toys R Us said:
Receive a FREE unlockable character, AUTOBOT SILVERBOLT™, when you buy Transformers: War for Cybertron Autobots or Transformers: War for Cybertron Decepticons for the Nintendo DS.

SILVERBOLT is a grim and brave warrior, who often worries more about his teammates then himself. He is courageous, can fly at break-neck speeds and truly believes in the AUTOBOT cause. He would die in defense of his friends if ever given the opportunity.

Note: AUTOBOT SILVERBOLT TM is playable in all modes on Transformers: War for Cybertron Autobots. In Transformers: War for Cybertron Decepticons, AUTOBOT SILVERBOLT TM is only playable in the Bonus, Arena, and Multiplayer modes.

The credits for the PS3/Xbox version have also been uploaded to YouTube. In addition to some slick visuals, the credits also feature a new-ish song from Stan "The Touch" Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSELOUysNQo

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
KernelPanic said:
Beast Wars ? bleh ... G1 all the way.

As someone who grew up with G1...nope. Beast Wars is the best thing ever to happen to the Transformers brand. By far the best written Transformers TV work of all time, and highly unlikely to ever be topped.

I guess they kinda messed with the story a bit having Aerialbots and Jetfire before the Autobots arrive on Earth.

It's a different continuity, as is almost every Transformers story after 1999. It's not even the only story of its type, since the War Within comic series covers the same territory, as does Megatron: Origins to some degree.

Whimsical Phil said:
Isn't the download code for Shockwave actually included in the case? I can't imagine that GameStop would give you a full refund after you've opened the game and removed the code.
Well I had guessed that the code would be on a separate hand-out like most Gamestop preorder bonuses but if it's inside the case then scratch my plan. I wanted Shockwave more than Jazz anyways.

Sadist

Thanks Whimsical Phil, I added the Toys 'R Us pre=order option to the OP.

By the way, awesome figurines from War for Cybertron. Reminds me of several months ago, when I got the Transformers Universe classic figurines of Ironhide and Sideswipe for € 8 a piece :D

Damn, the PC version of WFC is € 29,99 right from the start here in Holland.

Also about the show: G1 might the best, but Beast Wars comes in close. Best story in the Transformers franchise ever. Plus, I really like David Kaye as Megatron. Yeeeessss. Animated is the third best TF series btw.

Whimsical Phil

Sadist said:
Thanks Whimsical Phil, I added the Toys 'R Us pre=order option to the OP.

By the way, awesome figurines from War for Cybertron. Reminds me of several months ago, when I got the Transformers Universe classic figurines of Ironhide and Sideswipe for € 8 a piece :D

Damn, the PC version of WFC is € 29,99 right from the start here in Holland.

Also about the show: G1 might the best, but Beast Wars comes in close. Best story in the Transformers franchise ever. Plus, I really like David Kaye as Megatron. Yeeeessss. Animated is the third best TF series btw.
Hooray! I'm contributing!

And yeah, the figures are pretty fantastic. I already have the Megatron and Soundwave WFC figures on pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store.

Show-wise, I love G1 as much (and probably more) than the next guy, but as far as storytelling goes, I would place Animated above it. Animated got especially good once it moved into the second and third seasons.

Sadist

Oh but Animated has a better story, but the show gets a lot of unnecessary hate because of the artstyle. The show itself and all the awesome references regarding the original show are amazing. And even Beast Wars references. Anyway, I still hear the complaints of Tom “Spongebob” Kenny voicing Starscream, but he was the best Starscream in years :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
MattKeil said:
As someone who grew up with G1...nope. Beast Wars is the best thing ever to happen to the Transformers brand. By far the best written Transformers TV work of all time, and highly unlikely to ever be topped.
IMO, the biggest concern of a Transformers series is "Do the designs lead to awesome robot toys?"

Beast Wars made for totally retarded-looking robot toys.

So.

I just played the first few levels and so far i love it. I was worried the level design would be too cramped and repetitive but there are some cool open spaces and areas with crazy shit going on. The gameplay overall is a little uninspired but if you like transformers its really fun. My only major complaint would be its not all that satisfying to shoot enemies.

Top Bottom