• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Grabbed it this morning, 7 am, at Walmart. There was one person waiting there with me. $39.99 was too good a deal to pass up.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Are there any preorder bonuses for purchasing on steam? Also once someone gets their hands on the PC version can they let us know how it runs?

Falagard

MattKeil said:
As someone who grew up with G1...nope. Beast Wars is the best thing ever to happen to the Transformers brand. By far the best written Transformers TV work of all time, and highly unlikely to ever be topped.

I tried watching Beast Wars, but never liked it. Mostly I found it to be a ridiculous concept that was trying to reboot Transformers but in completely the wrong direction.

Wikipedia says:

However, Forward and DiTillio knew next to nothing about the original series. Since they were given free rein to promote what was at the time a dying franchise, they instead chose a considerably earlier setting with no connection to the Transformers universe outside of a few recycled names.

When he and Bob Forward discovered the alt.toys.transformers Usenet group and learned more about the original series, they began to work in classic Transformer elements, placing Beast Wars in the same universe.

That pretty much says it all.

jaypah

Falagard said:
I tried watching Beast Wars, but never liked it. Mostly I found it to be a ridiculous concept that was trying to reboot Transformers but in completely the wrong direction.

Wikipedia says:

that doesn't say a whole lot actually. if you liked G1 i beg you to watch beast wars. story wise it was beyond good.

CryptiK said:
Anyone to get the Steam PC version should get maxed out screenshots going ASAP

yes, i would love to see that too.

JdFoX187

Banned
The story in Beast Wars is really good, and the episodes are well written. And it fits in with most of the other canon fairly well. A terribly underrated show.

I might pick this game up on PC if the impressions sound good.

And yeah Beast Wars is an amazingly well done series. Sure the CG is pretty bad by today's standards, but the actual direction was great so the scenes still look good IMO.

Zapages

jaypah said:
that doesn't say a whole lot actually. if you liked G1 i beg you to watch beast wars. story wise it was beyond good.

yes, i would love to see that too.

If you like G1, you have to watch Beast Wars, I mean the show is so epic. The first season starts of slow and steady. Each character has its their own personality. Then the show becomes crazy good especially the Unicorn stuff and how Megatron becomes so freakin crazy by the end of the show.

Nakazato

Zapages said:
If you like G1, you have to watch Beast Wars, I mean the show is so epic. The first season starts of slow and steady. Each character has its their own personality. Then the show becomes crazy good especially the Unicorn stuff and how Megatron becomes so freakin crazy by the end of the show.
this.

ultron87

Beast Wars was great but it was at points hilariously transparent as a way to sell more toys.

'What's that, we found another new protoform!?! What's that, someone got redesigned for no apparent reason etc etc"

It was still awesome though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Please, less Beast Wars talk, more reporting on whether this game is totally awesome or not.

CryptiK

ultron87 said:
Beast Wars was great but it was at points hilariously transparent as a way to sell more toys.

'What's that, we found another new protoform!?! What's that, someone got redesigned for no apparent reason etc etc"

It was still awesome though.
The reasons were explained on both counts. They also had something to do with the story.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Falagard said:

Wikipedia says:

Who cares, it was a good show.

eagledare

darkressurection said:
OMFG, that credits song is the most fucking rad end game credits song I have ever heard!

Cool, but uh... what about the other part before that... y'know, the fucking game itself?

Need impressions here, people.

Tadale

I'm really interested in picking up this game, but I need to know at least some level of its quality, particularly the single player campaign and the co-op; I think I've got a good enough feel for the multiplayer to know that it's pretty good.

Foxix Von

Azwethinkweiz said:
Is this in the US too, or just stupid Canadia?

That deal's only going on in Canada land, us unlucky enough to not live in the glorious north have to put up with the full price.

Also if anyone's buying this on the 360 don't forget to add the gaf metatag: Teletraan GAF

CryptiK

Thread needs subtitle looks so blank without one

I nominate

Thread of Bayless Explosions
Thread of Bayless Action
Thread of Bayless Explosive action

Foxix Von

CryptiK said:
Thread needs subtitle looks so blank without one

I nominate

Thread of Bayless Explosions
Thread of Bayless Action
Thread of Bayless Explosive action

I also liked one I saw on another forum I think it was

"This one's made of sterner stuff"

Foxix said:
That deal's only going on in Canada land, us unlucky enough to not live in the glorious north have to put up with the full price.

Also if anyone's buying this on the 360 don't forget to add the gaf metatag: Teletraan GAF
Just added the metatag, can't wait to go pick up my copy.:D

JohngPR

Foxix said:

Added. :)

Also for those that didn't preorder from Best Buy, the new copies that Best Buy has on the shelves seem to be the ones with Jazz packed in, at least it was like that at my local Best Buy.

My willpower wasn't wavered, I was there to get my $10 copy of Blur. ;)

Liberty4all

Banned
Feeling so torn on this one. It's 39.99 here in Canuckstan, however, there really aren't many impressions about the game yet and 0 reviews.

Also not sure if I should go PS3 or 360 ...

negitoro7

JohngPR said:
Added. :)

Also for those that didn't preorder from Best Buy, the new copies that Best Buy has on the shelves seem to be the ones with Jazz packed in, at least it was like that at my local Best Buy.

My willpower wasn't wavered, I was there to get my $10 copy of Blur. ;)
How did you get Blur for $10?

JohngPR

Just got my copy from UPS, man I love my UPS guy I also got Red Dead from Amazon at about this time. :)

33i.jpg

JohngPR

negitoro7 said:
How did you get Blur for $10?

PM'd.

Is this not posted? I should probably go ahead and do that then.

EDIT: Nevermind, its been posted in the Blur OT.

60% install complete!

Liberty4all

Banned
360 or PS3 version? Anyone hear anything yet?

I'm leaning towards PS3 simply because my 360 HDD is so full (and my 360's have a bad habit of dying) But I love multiplayer and usually 360 communities last abit longer.

JSnake

Xater said:
That sounds cool. I guess as a Transformers fan I can probably add a point for the fan service. ;)

BTW can anyone tell me if the two campaigns are intertwined or is one set before the other?

You can play through the Autobot campaign first if you wish, but the Decepticon campaign is first chronologically. Once the Decepticon campaign ends on chapter 5, the Autobot campaign starts.

JSnake said:
You can play through the Autobot campaign first if you wish, but the Decepticon campaign is first chronologically. Once the Decepticon campaign ends on chapter 5, the Autobot campaign starts.

Can you play the campaign in co-op offline?

Top Bottom