• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Teknoman

JSnake said:
Wired.com review - 7/10

(i wrote the review shhhh)

img_134762_transformers_the_movie_dvd_450x360.jpg

Even if you never saw the early Transformers, you need to watch this asap.

Foxix Von

OH awesome gamestop codes aren't in the case at all they just print it up on a receipt.

Guess who's got Jazz AND Shockwave?

Xater

Good reviews keep coming in. Hmm I think I better order this from Amazon.co.uk, at least that way I get Jazz and can be sure that the game is in English. I am sure those Activision fuckers still don't release multilanguage titles here in Germany and I want to hear Peter Cullen do his thing.

Takao

Banned
Didn't have to go pick up a copy, my dad did as a (couple of hours) belated birthday gift. My dad didn't know which console to get if for, so the clerk gave him a 360 copy. Most of my friends have PS3s, and I don't have an actual Live account more than a trial, but meh.

11cfi0w.jpg

Xater said:
BTW can anyone tell me if the two campaigns are intertwined or is one set before the other?

Only have played one mission so far, but from the menu, it seems intertwined.

Starscream sounded pretty weak. He sounds like he's trying to impersonate Latta, but unlike Dobson, or Kenny, he's not doing a decent job. The voice also sounds very familiar.

Lothars

Falagard said:
I tried watching Beast Wars, but never liked it. Mostly I found it to be a ridiculous concept that was trying to reboot Transformers but in completely the wrong direction.

That pretty much says it all.

Well I love Beast Wars and consider it to be the by far the best Transformers Cartoon, It's just that good, I do like the G1 Cartoon but to me it's not as good as Beast Wars.

Teknoman

Well with the high reviews and high speed Gears-style gameplay, at least we dont have to worry about MP dying out of the gate.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nice to see some good reviews! Now, all I need is someone to bite on PC and let me know how the multiplayer works. :lol

Lothars

I got it today from Bestbuy and I picked it up for 360, I might still get it for PS3 depending but I haven't decided at the moment just starting the campaign.

Teknoman

Summary of IGN review:

Between a 12 hour singleplayer campaign with full 3 player co-op, Escalation, and a swath of awesome multiplayer modes, WFC could last you well into this Summer.

EDIT: Btw, the MP modes in the game are still host dependent...so please tell others when you are about to quit if you can. Yes, even escalation mode.

Xater

darkjedi187 said:
blocked.. can anyone give the final evaluation. Thanks

There you go:

9.0 Presentation
The interface and presentation of War for Cybertron is a constantly shifting, transforming menagerie of Cybertronian cool.

8.5 Graphics
The redesigns and little graphical touches in WFC - like the way Transformers intersect with switches and turrets - are fantastic, but the frame-rate sometimes suffers, and more variety would be nice.

8.0 Sound
WFC's music is passable, but occasionally stumbles into shooter cliches. The sound effects are great though, particular the angry screams of a Soldier right before they're smashed to pieces.

9.0 Gameplay
WFC is super responsive and adds an entire mechanic to well executed third person shooting to create something pretty memorable, with a unique identity.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
Between a 12 hour singleplayer campaign with full 3 player co-op, Escalation, and a swath of awesome multiplayer modes, WFC could last you well into this Summer.

Liberty4all

Banned
Wow a 9 from IGN was unexpected. Most of the reviews are falling in around the 8 - 8.5 area which made the game a must buy for me. As a fan I'm auto adding 1 point to all review scores.

Got my PS3 copy today, that 39.99 sale made this a slam dunk day 1 purchase.

kaskade

I'm glad we finally have a good transformers game. I was a little worried about the single player since most of the stuff shown seemed to be the multiplayer.

negitoro7

I must be getting blind and slow, where do you enter the unlock code into the game after getting the email from Activision?

Axiom

I'm loving the hell out of this so far. Only done level 2, and my only issue is the fact I keep running out of ammo.

Multiplayer is balls to the wall fun, not as many character appearance options as I'd like though

JohngPR

Just played through Chapter 1 and it was really good. The single player plays like Gears of War on crack if they were Transformers. LOL

Transforming and being vehicles adds a cool element to the gameplay as well.

Also mid air melee... <3

JohngPR said:
Added. :)

Also for those that didn't preorder from Best Buy, the new copies that Best Buy has on the shelves seem to be the ones with Jazz packed in, at least it was like that at my local Best Buy.

My willpower wasn't wavered, I was there to get my $10 copy of Blur. ;)
How the fuzzy did you pull this off?? Please share

Dyne

I got 360 copies for me and my buddy, $40 each. Thaaaaaaank you Future Shop for having awesome deals.

Can't wait to get this beast home and play it.

Nizz

Bamelin said:
Wow a 9 from IGN was unexpected. Most of the reviews are falling in around the 8 - 8.5 area which made the game a must buy for me. As a fan I'm auto adding 1 point to all review scores.

Got my PS3 copy today, that 39.99 sale made this a slam dunk day 1 purchase.
If/when you can, please post impressions. If it's technically great, I could ask my brother for this as next month's birthday gift. ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am blown away that this game did not get 6.5-7.5 reviews. Really, really surprised. Good on the developers if they actually managed to make the game as good as that review suggests.

Foxix Von

For anyone wondering where to redeem the codes at, go here. It's really not that hard the instructions are either on the gamestop reciept or the back of the insert lol.

Just started playing and its awesome. So far no ammo issues. There is actually a lot scattered around so far its just not the easiest thing to see.

Liberty4all

Banned
purple cobra said:
If/when you can, please post impressions. If it's technically great, I could ask my brother for this as next month's birthday gift. ;)

Stuck at the office right now. The box sure looks nice though :D

From what I've heard though both versions are basically identical.

d0c_zaius

The MP demo was entertaining but so far the campaign is underwhelming.

I played up to about the middle of the second Decepticon chapter, and the lack of enemy variety and poor AI are making it seem more like a chore than something fun.

Good:
-VO work is solid and entertaining
-Level designs feature some cool cybertron-ish touches
-The gameplay itself is simple and solid
-Transforming is satisfying

Bad:
-Enemies feel worthless to fight
-Ammo (wtf)
-Solider type is not fun to play as
-Other weapons don't feel like they fit in the Transformers universe
-Feels like a b-movie game sometimes....

Effect

farnham said:
any reviews of the Wii version ?

Really curious about this as well. I have an idea of what this version could be getting (pretty low number is appear in my head) but still would like to see what people say about it. I just would like to see better quality videos of this version as well. While I might be crazy with not going with the PS3/360 version right away I'm honestly curious about this version.

JohngPR

Str0ngStyle said:
How the fuzzy did you pull this off?? Please share

Alright, I know this is off topic but I'll answer it here so those asking can see. :)

First you'll need this:
coupon2.jpg

and the manufacturer's coupon here:
http://www.blurgamepromotion.com/

use the gamer's club coupon first. .then the manufacturer's coupon. The game's on sale right now for $39.99 which is why you end up getting it for $9.99 plus tax.

Word of warning though, the first thing the Cashier asked me was if I was a Rewards zone Gamers Club member and asked for my info. I suggest signing up for both Reards Zone and Gamers Club before you go. It's free so it's not that big of a deal.

To be more on topic, I just played some team deathmatch and without trying to sound too fanboyish, HOLY SHIT it's fun! lol

I got into a game right away, no disconnects, no lag and had a great time. Looking forward to unlocking more chasis and weapons in the multiplayer.

Nelo Ice

Banned
this years arkham asylum! :D

damn now i'll need to find a way to pick this up but crackdown 2 in is coming soon too damnit!

Top Bottom