• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

mollipen

Besides Scarlett and Kayo Police, any other suggestions of prominent/notable trans members of the gaming community? For our next panel, I want to talk about the community side of things, so I think being able to show examples of those who are out there would be a good part of that.

Besides Scarlett and Kayo Police, any other suggestions of prominent/notable trans members of the gaming community? For our next panel, I want to talk about the community side of things, so I think being able to show examples of those who are out there would be a good part of that.

Karaface.

Mileena

Banned
Karaface.

iK2TklJwUm0Kf.gif

Platy

I have some idea why that happened, but anyone know if there is a video of Scarlett's "interview" on youtube ?

she was SO CUTEEEEE

..even if part of me got a little bit worried of how much shyness she got at that moment

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I have some idea why that happened, but anyone know if there is a video of Scarlett's "interview" on youtube ?

she was SO CUTEEEEE

..even if part of me got a little bit worried of how much shyness she got at that moment

The interview from after the WCS game at NASL? Sadly that stuff is locked to paid users for a few days usually.

Platy

It went fine, I guess you could say.

It turns out, my mom had remembered from when I told her on Facebook, she just didn't bring it up to be polite.

...congrats.... i guess xD

First part of this video has that moment. Then followed by a full interview.
http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-i...after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/

Thanks !
So cute !
And her voice got much better since the first interview that I saw with her

Who can guess the contents of the lowest voted reddit comments?

sigh...

Googled and red the post .... and ... BINGO !

edit :
Everything that is wrong with hollywood "indie" movies, the youtube clip: "and Ron Perlman.. As a Woman"

Emitan

I work in the finances part of a company and someone left a stack of papers on my desk and a note on top. The note said "Bill" on it and I was trying to figure out what kind of bill they meant until I remembered that's my name :/

Ouch.

Yeah, nothing sucks more than being transgender and in the closet about it and not paying attention when someone calls or refers to you by your old name.

In an unrelated note, one of my friends in Australia has taken to calling me Tamsen.

iirate

Hey all, just looking for some advice (once again). I'm sorry that I get so long-winded with these things...

Basically, my friends are awesome! They have begun to use my preferred name and pronouns without any prompting from me. When I first came out to this particular group (about 6 months ago), one member of it said that they talked and wanted to know if I wanted to be called anything other than <boyname>. I told her that I'd rather not for the time being, mostly because I was worried about a) complicating things when friends that I'm not out to are around, and b) I was still worried about the dissonance from presenting as male and being referred to with my preferred name and pronouns.

Fast forward to early June, and the same friend and another confront me while we're out partying and we have a good talk about everything. In the end, they decide to start using my preferred name and reaffirm that they're all there for me if I need anything. I learn that being referred to as my preferred name feels REAL good, better than I had ever expected, and it starts making hearing my old name really tough. This is a problem as most people are still referring to me as such, and of course my other two friends still are while around people I'm not out to. I began to completely shut down if I hear male pronouns or my old name too much and my friends must have taken notice, because it's been all "Audrey" for the last week.

As a result, my mood has been phenomenal. I've finally been able to speak with them about my transition comfortably and I've felt super happy in general. I'm more motivated than ever to work towards completing my transition. However, it's still frustrating when other friends are around that don't know. These are friends that I KNOW will be cool and supportive, but I haven't told them because I haven't figured out a good way to. I'm tired of hiding around them and it's frustrating because I don't feel like I even have a good reason to.

I spoke a few weeks ago about some other people in my life that I'd like to tell, but can't figure out the best way to. At this point, I'm considering making a new Facebook account and simply adding everyone I want to tell along with a coming out letter of sorts. It isn't super elegant, but it seems to make sense in my head.

My only doubts come from worrying that it may be too soon for some. I don't want people not understanding why it's taking me so long to present as female when I've just started HRT and still have my job to consider, as well as several things that I see as major physical roadblocks (neck, gut, facial hair, hairline). Everyone I've spoken to has been awesome so far, but I'll be stepping out of best friend territory and into good friend territory here and don't know what to expect.

Basically, does anyone see this Facebook plan as a bad idea? Anything I'm not considering here?

Emitan

I'm too scared to tell my mom :(

I start thinking of ways to tel her and I just start panicking :(

I deleted my old Facebook and have been slowly adding my old friends on it. It's not really a big deal to me because I rarely see my friends anymore and I didn't use Facebook that much.

mollipen

I spoke a few weeks ago about some other people in my life that I'd like to tell, but can't figure out the best way to. At this point, I'm considering making a new Facebook account and simply adding everyone I want to tell along with a coming out letter of sorts. It isn't super elegant, but it seems to make sense in my head.

My only doubts come from worrying that it may be too soon for some. I don't want people not understanding why it's taking me so long to present as female when I've just started HRT and still have my job to consider, as well as several things that I see as major physical roadblocks (neck, gut, facial hair, hairline).

Talk to them before adding them to the new Facebook page would be my advice. Not even at the same time, because if they see the Facebook page before the letter, it could cause a great amount of confusion.

As to the "so, when are you going to be a girl?" part, that's definitely something I've run into. I think if I had my coming outs that I've done so far to do differently, I'd explain that it isn't something I can put an exact timeline on, and that the reason I wanted them to know now was because I wanted to be able to be more honest with them, along with wantin to be able to feel like I could be honest about who I am around them.

So, I think, you shift the way you're talking to them from being like "I'm going to be a woman now!" to "here's what's going on with me, it's still something I'm trying to work out, but I wanted to be honest with you and hopefully have your support in this process". Be clear on that side of things.

I'm too scared to tell my mom :(

I start thinking of ways to tel her and I just start panicking :(

Do you have any read at all on how she'll react? I've found that even when I'm certain people will react positively, I'm still deathly terrified of taking the step of starting up the conversation. *heh* That'll never go away. Even now, after I've had that conversation a number of times, it still ties my stomach in knots if I get to the point of having it again.

Emitan

"Do you have any read at all on how she'll react? I've found that even when I'm certain people will react positively, I'm still deathly terrified of taking the step of starting up the conversation."

I'm fairly certain she'll take it well. I just can't start the conversation.

"Do you have any read at all on how she'll react? I've found that even when I'm certain people will react positively, I'm still deathly terrified of taking the step of starting up the conversation."

I'm fairly certain she'll take it well. I just can't start the conversation.

You can do it, Billie. Believe in the me that believes in you.

mollipen

Tell her that there's something you need to talk about, sit her down, look her in the eyes, and then just start balling. Opening with tears breaks down moms emotionally, and helps soften the blow!

Emitan

Tell her that there's something you need to talk about, sit her down, look her in the eyes, and then just start balling. Opening with tears breaks down moms emotionally, and helps soften the blow!

Yeah maybe. She's coming home on Thursday night so hopefully I can get the courage to do it this weekend.

Platy

Hey all, just looking for some advice (once again). I'm sorry that I get so long-winded with these things...

Basically, my friends are awesome! They have begun to use my preferred name and pronouns without any prompting from me. When I first came out to this particular group (about 6 months ago), one member of it said that they talked and wanted to know if I wanted to be called anything other than <boyname>. I told her that I'd rather not for the time being, mostly because I was worried about a) complicating things when friends that I'm not out to are around, and b) I was still worried about the dissonance from presenting as male and being referred to with my preferred name and pronouns.

Fast forward to early June, and the same friend and another confront me while we're out partying and we have a good talk about everything. In the end, they decide to start using my preferred name and reaffirm that they're all there for me if I need anything. I learn that being referred to as my preferred name feels REAL good, better than I had ever expected, and it starts making hearing my old name really tough. This is a problem as most people are still referring to me as such, and of course my other two friends still are while around people I'm not out to. I began to completely shut down if I hear male pronouns or my old name too much and my friends must have taken notice, because it's been all "Audrey" for the last week.

As a result, my mood has been phenomenal. I've finally been able to speak with them about my transition comfortably and I've felt super happy in general. I'm more motivated than ever to work towards completing my transition. However, it's still frustrating when other friends are around that don't know. These are friends that I KNOW will be cool and supportive, but I haven't told them because I haven't figured out a good way to. I'm tired of hiding around them and it's frustrating because I don't feel like I even have a good reason to.

My only doubts come from worrying that it may be too soon for some. I don't want people not understanding why it's taking me so long to present as female when I've just started HRT and still have my job to consider, as well as several things that I see as major physical roadblocks (neck, gut, facial hair, hairline). Everyone I've spoken to has been awesome so far, but I'll be stepping out of best friend territory and into good friend territory here and don't know what to expect.

Basically, does anyone see this Facebook plan as a bad idea? Anything I'm not considering here?

Not sure about the telling everyone troght facebook is a good idea ... if you plan to write a letter and everyone to see, better to just email the same letter to everyone, wich still don't sound so good to me ... but at least you have less problems of people sharing it with people you don't want with a click of a button

Also, it is never too soon and never too late.
You do what you want with your time

The King of Games believes in you billie
OJYiB.png

Emitan

OMG I'm wearing my thigh highs and they're the first feminine thing I've ever worn and I feel so fucking happy. I can't stop smiling :) :) :) :)

Because no one can remember what all the letters mean.
I can :p

Actually, I prefer QUILTBAG because it's more inclusive, I feel. Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender, Bisexual, Allied, Gay feels better than just Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.

But that's just me.

Emitan

I also prefer it because it's more inclusive but I don't like using acronyms that not only I can't remember, but ones that other people have never heard in their lives because then you have to explain it every time.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I just find a bag made out of a quilt to be somewhat wasteful

Unless it can go back to being a quilt afterwards, then it's ok

Top Bottom