• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Gowans

Yeah and that would mean just a omission for Germany.

The UK live team have said it's a distri thing. It's bloody annoying I'd just like to be playing and reading about the game.

derFeef

surly said:
There's a rumour floating around that this was the reason for the game being delayed: -

This is from a guy on Eurogamer, but I don't know the original source. It could be utter bullshit of course, so take it with a large pinch of salt.
Thought of that as well. It would be a huge oversight on several fronts, though.

Teknoman

So can you join someone in progress or does everyone have to be in the lobby? Going to play a little more SP to get a handle on things before jumping online.

Teknoman said:
So can you join someone in progress or does everyone have to be in the lobby? Going to play a little more SP to get a handle on things before jumping online.
Pretty sure you can only join while in the lobby.

soultron

Banned
Thanks for the game, SolidEye.

I couldn't figure out a way to turn down that one kid's mic. He had his TV on so loud and was continuously coughing into the mic. Terrrrible.

Has anyone failed a mission yet in co-op? I'm only through 6 missions and they haven't been too hard by myself. Wondering if when I join a friend tonight it's going to be a breeze.

soultron said:
Thanks for the game, SolidEye.

I couldn't figure out a way to turn down that one kid's mic. He had his TV on so loud and was continuously coughing into the mic. Terrrrible.
Haha yeah, I wasn't going to listen to him so I just turned my mic volume all the way down.

Tokubetsu

CitizenCope said:
Has anyone failed a mission yet in co-op? I'm only through 6 missions and they haven't been too hard by myself. Wondering if when I join a friend tonight it's going to be a breeze.

I have. Typically due to poor planning. Forget to bring a repair turret or some other useful turret.

Teknoman

I'm thinking about playing with Engineer chassis for the majority of the time since I like to be able to move fast, but support others at the same time.

Dommel

I bought a 1200 points card before realizing I still had 1220 left, so if I create a Norwegian XBL account and use those points there I can buy the game?

And will I then be able to access/play it on my normal XBL account?

MGrant

"This area was almost designed for a knob fight. It'll be hard, and they'll be coming for you, but you must not go down."

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm completely exhausted today. I bought this game yesterday and started playing at around 8pm. Next thing I knew it was 3am :D

I kept on trying missions over again with different loadouts to see what was more effective and fun. I discovered that I'm more of an engineer type much to my surprise.

Dabanton

Oh well i DL'ed the game on my US account and i'm now playing on my UK account. :D

Just did the tutorial i think i'm gonna like this game..

Random question: does the game use the voice actor for MvC3 Magneto? Some guy on it sounds like him. (I'm watching the Giant Bomb TNT now and I'm hearing that voice)

Teknoman

Feel free to invite me whenever i'm online btw. I wish XBL beacons were active so I could mark everything lol.

Im on the Trenched GAF list.

Dabanton

McBradders said:
Can you BUY on your UK account?

Nooo :(

Just tried it error code comes up.

I will say that MS have another hit on their hands this game just from the trial is fucking addictive.

MGrant

Green Scar said:
Random question: does the game use the voice actor for MvC3 Magneto? Some guy on it sounds like him. (I'm watching the Giant Bomb TNT now and I'm hearing that voice)

Yep, Tom Kane is one of the main voices.

JesseZao

I miss Mechassault more than anything. I didn't really get into Chromehounds.

I suppose it could be part nastalgia, but I cut my Live teeth on Mechassault and played it a ton.

mujun

TheOddOne said:
Exactly. Why the fuck would I pay for another account?

What are you talking about? I buy every one of my XBLA games on my U.S account (secondary one, silver/free. My main acc is my Japanese one) and can play them just fine on my main acc. Only hurdle is finding the means to buy digital points on Amazon (U.S Amazon). Funny thing is they are actually way cheaper on there than they are for me to buy Japanese points in any form, digital or otherwise.

Havok

Anybody else's Regiment Update not working properly? It now only lists the names of the people in the regiments without the bars. Kinda sucks.

HBroward

Havok said:
Anybody else's Regiment Update not working properly? It now only lists the names of the people in the regiments without the bars. Kinda sucks.

Yeah, that's been an issue all day for me. I assume their server was just getting hammered. I can't wait for it to go back up, to get some of those unlockables.

Havok

It seems as though the rewards are still being given, so its updating, just not showing the bars. You can still go into the Challenges section of the start menu to see them, at least. Its a weird bug.

Havok said:
It seems as though the rewards are still being given, so its updating, just not showing the bars. You can still go into the Challenges section of the start menu to see them, at least. Its a weird bug.
This was happening to me last night. It fixed itself eventually but I no longer had anyone in my regiment.

jtrov

Absolutely loving this game, and even though I also have Shadows of the Damned and Dungeon Siege 3, I can't pull myself away (once I downloaded Trenched) to play them. Finding the game pretty easy cooperatively, but damn is it just fun as hell to wreck tube monsters with three other Trenches. It's so awesome when they show up on your ship, saluting, all while a giant Trench hovers over them.

After watching the Giant Bomb TNT, I saw a guy with sunglasses and some outfit I have never seen before. Does anyone know how to obtain those items, whether it be a certain completed challenge, or random loot drop?

Also, nice to see they're "listening" to all the feedback. Seems likely we'll see some type of infinite mode, or some tougher challenges for our upgraded Trenches.

Tokubetsu

Something so cool about watching your mech just fire three machineguns/flak at something and watch the entire world light up.

Havok

jtrov said:
After watching the Giant Bomb TNT, I saw a guy with sunglasses and some outfit I have never seen before. Does anyone know how to obtain those items, whether it be a certain completed challenge, or random loot drop?
You get them for challenges, mostly. Some are gained at particular levels or in the shop.

*Checks, hoping against hope it's up*

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Search?query=Trenched

EBAMm.gif

:c

This can't be a simply distribution error as they keep claiming.

derFeef said:
I bet by the time this hits, I have lost all interest or I am busy with other games. That is bad for DF.

Yep, I was planning to play this instead alongside sessions of Bulletstorm but as they haven't got it up, I'm seriously thinking about buying Shadows and playing that alongside BS and picking this up when it inevitably hits the DoTW sale.

Speedymanic said:
Yep, I was planning to play this instead alongside sessions of Bulletstorm but as they haven't got it up, I'm seriously thinking about buying Shadows and playing that alongside BS and picking this up when it inevitably hits the DoTW sale.

Shadows and Bulletstorm sounds like the best double bill ever. Can't get enough Steve Blum.

Top Bottom