• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

derFeef

Argh. Wanted to add points via paypal and it's not working. I am not going to have another chance for the next 2 days to buy points.

soultron

Banned
Have Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden to pass the time until this drops tonight. I feel like I'm 12 again or something -- VIDEO GAME OVERDOSE.

But I love it.

Downloading this soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Hopefully my gaming buddy bites as well and we'll be playing some mech co-op action soon.

xbhaskarx

Papercuts said:
5AM EST, so ~7 hours.
Unfortunately the timing is not as predictable over the as it used to be though, it's regularly a half hour to a few hours late over the last three or so months, I'm not sure why.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
xbhaskarx said:
Unfortunately the timing is not as predictable over the as it used to be though, it's regularly a half hour to a few hours late over the last three or so months, I'm not sure why.

Yeah, it's pretty odd. It atleast stayed pretty consistent showing up on xbox.com, I always snag it there first.

Gowans

Today is the day, looking forward to it.

We need to get a GAF regiment going.

Also to the guys who have played - After finishing the game what reasons are there to go back?

Is there a endless mode to plug away with your friends and your most bad ass gear to see how far you get?

Daigoro

Gowans007 said:

Also to the guys who have played - After finishing the game what reasons are there to go back?

Is there a endless mode to plug away with your friends and your most bad ass gear to see how far you get?

doesnt sound like it from previews i read. that wouldve been a good idea though.

Gowans007 said:

No endless mode. More loot and getting Gold Medals in all the levels is the only reason to go back.

Hoping for some kind of endless mode as DLC, definitely want more reason to keep playing.

derFeef

ARXIN said:
They need endless and some pvp.

4v4 protect the base, tdm, ctf.

As popular as Mechassault was on xbl I cant figure why they left out pvp.
PVP seems hard to balance with this game, you would have to build in many restrictions or filters. And that could thin out the audience pretty fast.

I'm sure with such a small team and timeframe pvp was probably too ambitious for a DLC title. Hopefully it does very well. I just worry about the replay value.

S1kkZ

Gowans007 said:
Come on then guys, how is it?
only played the demo:
-the design/style is pretty awesome
-controls feel very good
-framerate has some issues (slight stutter)

i like it.

For those asking about Trenched, its European release is delayed. No new release date has been set, but it'll be "as soon as possible".
Official line on Trenched's delay is, "Unexpected challenges with distribution in some European regions". Shouldn't take long!
-MrPointyHead(Xbox live Editor) Via Twitter

"Unexpected challenges with distribution in some European regions"

WTF? Can somebody explain how this is an issue with digital distribution? Am I missing something? Regulatory bodies in different countries acting up or what?

please explain GAF

thanks in advance

Raide

StevePharma said:

WTF? Can somebody explain how this is an issue with digital distribution? Am I missing something? Regulatory bodies in different countries acting up or what?

please explain GAF

thanks in advance

Someone did not press the button.

StevePharma said:

please explain GAF

thanks in advance

They forgot the reward for the monkey so he didn't push the button.

Bru

European release delayed? They actually announce that on the very day the game is scheduled to appear?

Thanks for the kick in the nuts guys.

*Weeps*

Bru said:
European release delayed? They actually announce that on the very day the game is scheduled to appear?

Thanks for the kick in the nuts guys.

*Weeps*

Well...that's Microsoft. Europe doesn't matter.

Maybe they are fixing up the 1 month gold for 1 euro glitch your suppose to only do it once but people are getting 31 months out of it for 31 euro.

xbhaskarx

I played it for around two hours, I like it a lot but I'm a big fan of tower defense so that's not surprising.
It's 100% a tower defense game though, for those who don't like those you definitely want to check out the trial first. It's most similar to Toy Soldiers.
Lots of customization, almost too much, I got a bit confused at times. Fortunately they provide tips as to what your setup should be for each mission.
Framerate issues don't really bother me unless it's really bad, but for those who care that's another thing to watch for.

glaurung

Bastard asshats, I was preparing to play this over the solstice holidays here and now the game is not on the UK marketplace.

FFS

glaurung said:
Bastard asshats, I was preparing to play this over the solstice holidays here and now the game is not on the UK marketplace.

FFS

It's a fucking joke given the drought of games on XBLA as of late. Not to mention for some idiotic reason we're unable to dl it on a us account and pay for it on our Euro one. It's beyond me how they could fuck up distribution for this and release a lower profile title on the same day.

Bought this and played the first 2 tutorial parts. The style of the game is great (as to be expected from Double Fine) and the game seems like a ton of fun to play. Gonna check out the multiplayer stuff later on.

Top Bottom