• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Tokubetsu

Just finished European campaign with Eric WK. Totally lag free and good fun working out strategies and what not. Those emitters or whatever they're called that destroy your turrets are annoying as hell. Eric and I were losing a lot of stuff to them before we realized you need to just spam mine turrets.

Bru

Speedymanic said:
They've removed all traces of it from the UK marketplace (online).

:(

Did a quick search through Live on PC and could only find a trailer.

It would be good to know what the problem actually is, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Gowans

Yeah I would love to know what the hell is going on.

Gutted I had a night set aside for this tonight too.
Hopefully the devs speak about it on the live GB quicklook.

derFeef

Gowans007 said:
Yeah I would love to know what the hell is going on.

Gutted I had a night set aside for this tonight too.
Hopefully the devs speak about it on the live GB quicklook.
That TNT is tomorrow, though. I would love if this gets settled before that.

Gowans

derFeef said:
That TNT is tomorrow, though. I would love if this gets settled before that.
Ah yeah I hope its settled before then badly, I was so ready too.

The Kid has been bathed and is asleep.
The Mrs has been given tonnes of trashy Magasines to read so she is distracted. Food has been ordered so no cooking ro washing up needed

And I can't buy the game :(

From the DF site
We’ve had players in Europe reporting that they can’t find the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Where is TRENCHED in Europe? We’re glad you asked! We were planning to ship the game simultaneously in all territories but we’ve run into some snags! This has nothing to do with the fact that English is really hard to translate into German. We love German… it’s a beautiful language! Honest!

We’re trying very hard to resolve our European problems as quickly as we can. We’re sorry for the inconvenience to all of our European friends. We want to play TRENCHED with you guys really badly! We’re not sure when these issues will be taken care of but we’ll let you know as soon as things are straightened out! Thanks!

Love,
Double Fine

Eric WK

Yeah, this game is really great. Such a good value.

Hoping to continue with Toku tonight, maybe even do some four player co-op.

Speedymanic said:
Bah, if they're only having issues with non English versions, why the hell don't they just put it up on the UK store?

:c

It does seem odd, I'm in the UK and I had no issues with the version I downloaded for review. Hopefully they've give us some more info on what exactly has happened.

Sucks that it doesn't sound like this will be resolved today too.

Zeouterlimits said:
Oh grow up.

Pretty sure he was joking... (this is GAF though so I could easily be wrong)

Simon Belmont said:
I don't generally play games online, is this game playable single player?

I played the vast majority of the game on my own and it was a lot of fun, had no real trouble either. There was one mission I had to repeat a couple of times but I think that was user error on my part, overestimated my ability to run around and shoot stuff. You'll definitely have a blast playing it solo. I really enjoyed repeating levels with different Trench setups, it really does change things up a alot.

xbhaskarx

The one thing I'm not really a fan of is the enemy design. I like the story and they make sense based on that, but I'd have preferred more variety besides tube monsters, like perhaps enemy mechs.

PaulLFC

Speedymanic said:
Bah, if they're only having issues with non English versions, why the hell don't they just put it up on the UK store?

:c

I assume because the game will come with multiple languages built in and selectable at the start. I used to wonder why we here in the UK don't just get the same versions of games that are released in the US, back in the days when it took ages for games to be localised over here. That was the reason I found.

Gowans

Just missed the code giveaway in the XbLA thread while typing a tweet about last chance for UKers is giveaway contests.

/suicides

Replay value kind of worries me, Jeff on Giant Bomb said you basically have to use certain loadouts to beat each mission. Is that true or can you experiment more than that?

A random mission generator or a build your own sounds like it would have been cool.

Neuromancer said:
Replay value kind of worries me, Jeff on Giant Bomb said you basically have to use certain loadouts to beat each mission. Is that true or can you experiment more than that?

A random mission generator or a build your own sounds like it would have been cool.

It depends really, you can definitely tackle some missions in various ways. It's more of a challenge to go against the advice it gives you though. I purposefully went back to some missions and tried them without following the directions. You do have to follow certain things, for example if there are going to be flying enemies you'll need something to tackle those. That could either be a flak based weapon for you Trench or a turret with antiair. Those are the sorts of things you need to think about. As obviously it means you'll have to be more or less active in looking out for those specific types of enemies.

jtrov

Just got done playing a few missions cooperatively, and wow, is this game some serious fun. Really enjoying all the customization options and everything, and through some experimentation, I managed to build some really good designs, and some pretty shitty designs. It's fun to experiment and see what compliments what. So glad this game is finally out, it's an absolute blast to play.

Dommel

Gowans007 said:
Ah yeah I hope its settled before then badly, I was so ready too.

The Kid has been bathed and is asleep.
The Mrs has been given tonnes of trashy Magasines to read so she is distracted. Food has been ordered so no cooking ro washing up needed

And I can't buy the game :(

From the DF site

We’ve had players in Europe reporting that they can’t find the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Where is TRENCHED in Europe? We’re glad you asked! We were planning to ship the game simultaneously in all territories but we’ve run into some snags! This has nothing to do with the fact that English is really hard to translate into German. We love German… it’s a beautiful language! Honest!

We’re trying very hard to resolve our European problems as quickly as we can. We’re sorry for the inconvenience to all of our European friends. We want to play TRENCHED with you guys really badly! We’re not sure when these issues will be taken care of but we’ll let you know as soon as things are straightened out! Thanks!

Love,
Double Fine

Oh ffs, I called it. Everybody has to suffer because of the localizations.

Just release the US version already in countries where they actually speak a 2nd language and let those needing everything translated for them wait.

Also doesn't sound like something that will be fixed quickly, like this week.

Goddamnit, this pisses me off to no end

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Dommel said:
Just release the US version already in countries where they actually speak a 2nd language and let those needing everything translated for them wait.

It's a matter of a country's law, not a call the publisher can make.

Dommel

DigiMish said:
Actually, it is.

I can imagine that maybe for Xbox Live EU it's mandatory to release with all languages intact.

But I doubt France, Italy or Germany can demand everything released in their country has to be localized?

So then the delay would be an MS thing, not on per country basis?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Dommel said:
But I doubt France, Italy or Germany can demand everything released in their country has to be localized?

They can and they do. It is illegal to release a non-localized version in those countries as per the country's laws.

Trust me. We'd have the same laws if almost all the entertainment in the world was made in France or Germany and exported to us.

Dommel

FlyinJ said:
They can and they do. It is illegal to release a non-localized version in those countries as per the country's laws.

Trust me. We'd have the same laws if almost all the entertainment in the world was made in France or Germany and exported to us.

Well, then my hate for them just quadrupled :p

Guess there's nothing else to do than just wait but I doubt it's going to be up this week in the EU :(

jergrah

shintoki said:
So how do I do this? Just retwitter? And were do I see if I won

Looks like you have to reply -- then they say "Correct answer @whoeverthatguessed" and they would DM you the code

Lothars

shintoki said:
How do I say it? I don't use twitter and where do I see if I won?

you have to have a registered account for twitter and when they post the picture if you know the game than you reply with the game. go to http://twitter.com/#!/PlayXBLA

Edit: I can't wait to play this as well, I was planning to buy it anyway.

Dommel

shintoki said:
SO just hit reply? what is check DM though for winner. I don't understand that part.

Make sure you follow them otherwise they can't send you a Direct Message (DM) with the code

Gowans

I've tried for ages tonight to get codes, gave up I'll wait till i'm allowed to buy. Hopefully its not to long. Hoping its a system issue and not a build/change to game thing.

S1kkZ

FlyinJ said:

thats wrong (at least for germany).

Oh man, been playing for a while but just had my first (incredibly laggy) online game. It was soooo much fun.

Trenched is fantastic.

bigswords

Double fine for the love of gaming gods, make this game a full fledged disc product. Game is so awesome and addictive.

One of the best games evar!

Oh had some lag issues with online play, hopefully there's a patch for this.

Wow what a game indeed. Only played the first 4 missions or so but I keep replaying them to get some new loot and cash.
I'm hooked!!!

Top Bottom