• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Rodelero

1330 currently. A better metric would be people on the leaderboard of the first track - 97,915 currently on XB1 and going up pretty consistently if you back out and go back in

Edit: And apparently the tracks in track central are also increasing pretty regularly based on the above post.

I guess it comes down to familiarity more than anything. Trials is new to the PlayStation platform.

I see what you mean about how it changes. That's pretty cool.

GeeDuhb

The PS4 version is actually going up pretty fast too. It's already up to 67678 now, which is like 70 higher from when I posted a few minutes ago. I wonder if this leaderboard includes the demo as well?

Anyway, I am sure we are going to see a boom on both platforms in both users and created tracks in the next few days, since it is the weekend.

There's currently 78 Friends on the NeoGAF_Trials account. Here are the current overall leaderboards as of 15 minutes ago (I kind of wish it showed more than just 10 at a time):

ecpILORl.jpg

7GB0DeBl.jpg

aFMSMNHl.jpg

iexgLwFl.jpg

ocxK5g4l.jpg

LwJv5bel.jpg

oAHrsyDl.jpg

dPmWLfkl.jpg

Also, I just realized to get leaderboard times for individual tracks means I'm going to beat the game using this account too to get access to those.

Fbh

Rock of Ages.... just... rock of ages.

Still can't beat it xD. I probably spent 20 minutes in a single part and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do (you need to jump on a white platform and then on a rock platform that's higer up and I just can't get there).

We have stuff like this and people seriously say Dark Souls is hard?

GeeDuhb

Whitehawk, I am just now trying your created track, and I can't even get up onto the bus in the beginning! Lol, maybe I just suck, or need to use something other than the Roach...

atomsk

Party Pooper
went down the list and added the 78 people.

will get cracking on those Platinums tomorrow, so far I've only had time to finish all the tracks once (and I still need to beat Inferno)

Kumubou

For anyone that cares, the X360 version currently has 31,352 entries on the leaderboard for the first track. That seems to line up with the general trend with software sales for cross-gen games.

Whitehawk, I am just now trying your created track, and I can't even get up onto the bus in the beginning! Lol, maybe I just suck, or need to use something other than the Roach...

That reminds me, what/is there a difference between the bikes? There's no stats page for the vehicles that I can see....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For anyone that cares, the X360 version currently has 31,352 entries on the leaderboard for the first track. That seems to line up with the general trend with software sales for cross-gen games.
How does the 360 version run? Can you notice any big differences in performance from all the X1/PS4/PC videos we've seen?

Also, is there a healthy track central community from the looks of things?

see5harp

Thanks guys. Well, we will have to see if the rumors of TC going cross platform actually pan out...

And wow, a lot more XB1 players that I would have expected from posts in the thread...67608 on the first of the PS4 version. I should have figured this would be the case.

Leaderboards were definitely screwed up though on PS4. There are people who are not even listed for the early levels and then all of the sudden popped up on the later levels.

There's currently 78 Friends on the NeoGAF_Trials account. Here are the current overall leaderboards as of 15 minutes ago (I kind of wish it showed more than just 10 at a time):]

Also, I just realized to get leaderboard times for individual tracks means I'm going to beat the game using this account too to get access to those.

Damn, 4th place is way higher than I thought I'd be. That probably won't last long though. Thanks for posting those cr. It will be interesting to see where everyone places in the future. Especially those who are new to the series.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That reminds me, what/is there a difference between the bikes? There's no stats page for the vehicles that I can see....

If it's like the previous games, the Roach is powerful but a bit heavy and therefore less agile, while the Pit Viper is lighter and more maneuverable. So for the tracks that require crazy platforming rather than speed, you'd choose the Pit Viper.

johnyqd

I want to confirm that the bike mods, tires and frames, are visual changes only? It's probably listed in game somewhere but I can't seem to verify it.

Rodelero

If it's like the previous games, the Roach is powerful but a bit heavy and therefore less agile, while the Pit Viper is lighter and more maneuverable. So for the tracks that require crazy platforming rather than speed, you'd choose the Pit Viper.

Yup. As for the other bikes, the Baggie is essentially just a beginner bike, and the Rabbit is inferior to the Roach and Pit Viper.

and, as to the above, I'm (99.99%) certain that they're cosmetic only.

MYeager

Despite what others have said the hard and medium are a small notch more skill than the last game

No way, most of the medium/hard tracks can be passed with not much more skills needed than the bunny hop. There were more medium/ hard tracks in Evolution and their track layout is more complex than The extreme tracks though, damn. They're rough.

GeeDuhb

About every other trick I try to do seems to accidentally turn in to a Coffin, not sure why. Don't think I'm that inaccurate with the stick.

Yeah I am doing the second FMX one now and same thing keeps happening to me! That, and the fact that even if you are doing the tricks, they don't register half the time! The stick system is REALLY inaccurate though...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've been able to get gold on all easy and medium courses, but I can barely get bronze on hard.

Yeah the difficult curve is not all that smooth. Having a fair amount of experience with Trials games, I was getting silvers and golds on my very first runs through most easy and medium levels, which was a bit disappointing. Then the game became Trials. Now I'm in the second set of hard levels and I know for goddamn sure I'll never be able to no-fault any of them.

Daigoro

It does have to stay snapped, currently.

But if it helps ease any regret, background music playback has talked about coming in an Xbox One update soon.

that does help a bit thanks. they really need to do this. this games longevity will be significantly decreased for me without a custom soundtrack,

kudoboi

watching the totalbiscuit video it looks like the PC version is actually good this time. however the fact that there is no MP and certain things still doesn't work so close to launch makes me worried

should i buy it now or wait for a sale? I will buy it on PC obviously

Kumubou

How does the 360 version run? Can you notice any big differences in performance from all the X1/PS4/PC videos we've seen?

Performance wise, it seems to run at a locked 60fps, as advertised. I can't really speak to how frequent screen tearing is, but I haven't noticed any yet. There can be random hitches when restarting levels (and even when going back to checkpoints, but this only lasts for a split-second), the texture pop-in seems a bit worse than Evolution, and some of the textures used are hilariously low-res. I suspect it's not optimized as well at Evolution was for the 360, but that's a bit expected since I suspect the target platforms for this game were the PS4 and XBone, but the X360 version works fine. It plays identically to the PS4 version (having tried the demo), from what I can tell -- except that uPlay connections actually work. :V

Track Central on the X360 is currently at 572 tracks, so it seems in-line (high, if anything) with the playerbase difference.

Daigoro

what's with all the beanies in everyones avatars? what'd i miss?

[IMGhttp://i.minus.com/i5iLMvNsdn2ym.gif[/IMG]
http://i.minus.com/ibknCiktLpK9dn.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

lol nice.

[quote="Certinty, post: 108667203"]I suck so much at the hard events, what a huge difficulty jump.[/QUOTE]

[quote="statham, post: 108686577"]Hard is hard.[/QUOTE]

[quote="sneaky77, post: 108686904"]Despite what others have said the hard and medium are a small notch more skill than the last game[/QUOTE]

agreed sneaky. the difficulty curve is a bit more strict than EVO was. EVO had a lot of easy Hard tracks, this game throws some difficulty obstacles at you immediately.

like others said, if you hit a wall, go back and work on zero faulting the earlier tracks, then come back to Hard. you will see improvement.

Trials gives you all the building blocks you need to get good, you just have to put in some time and effort. it's super rewarding when you do.

[quote="Tunesmith, post: 108687780"]Took five tries but goddamn did this one feel good.

[url]http://youtu.be/A4ssbxbaiMQ[/url][/QUOTE]

nice. this is a good obstacle that teaches a good lesson. its just a bunny hop, but its a bit of an advanced move that needs some time to become second nature. it's just a quick back/forward on the stick right before you get to the edge. sounds easy, but it takes a little bit of work to figure out the timing.

keep it up!

anyone on XBONE send me a FR: [B]Daigoro[/B]

Texture pop-in is quite bad on the One, as well. Probably just something with the game, not the hardware if it's on more than one.

Also, the Pit Viper is a godsend for the Unyielding achievement. If you've ragequit them before like me, hold off until you get the Viper. MUCH easier to lean through throttle/brakes than anything else. Unyielding III is also the easiest IMO.

I bought the PS4 version, but I was just watching some Twitch streams on my XB1, and I immediately noticed noteworthy screen tearing. I haven't noticed this on the PS4, for those who might be weighing a platform decision.

Digital Foundry's analysis will probably be up in about 12 hours. Possibly Sunday at the latest.

I recall seeing some very unfavorable impressions of the 360 version earlier though. Sounds like it took a backseat in development, as it sounded like it was worse than the previous game on 360.

I think you'll find the other versions to be a big upgrade over the 360.

Don't know if it's been posted, but for reference the X1 version currently listed 100,344 entries on the first track.

Quick question, and apologies if this have been discussed at length, but didn't see it skimming the last few pages: Game DVR recordings on X1 currently have a no audio bug? That's not just me?

Don't know if it's been posted, but for reference the X1 version currently listed 100,344 entries on the first track.

Quick question, and apologies if this have been discussed at length, but didn't see it skimming the last few pages: Game DVR recordings on X1 currently have a no audio bug? That's not just me?
Showing 69,346 on PS4. Interesting.

I've started to contort my whole body once I got to the hard tracks. Like my leaning forward in real life is going to effect the bike in the game.

I bought the PS4 version, but I was just watching some Twitch streams on my XB1, and I immediately noticed noteworthy screen tearing. I haven't noticed this on the PS4, for those who might be weighing a platform decision.

I've had occasional screen tearing on the patched PS4 version. Nothing bad or distracting, though.

SZips

Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyl1Mucgl-U

Knowing that I will never be anywhere near that good is disheartening.

EDIT: Fixed the link

I've taken a couple of things away from that video.

1. I would hate to be his friend and have to see his times at the top of the leaderboards all the time.

2. I really need to learn that technique where you tap the brake to pull your bike forward a bit when it's hanging on by only the front wheel.

It is all about back wheel contact, and angle of your bike.
Sprinting is all about getting from point A to point B in the fastest time possible :p

I understand what you mean, though. I just don't know that I'll ever be able to coordinate my hands that well (in this game).

I've taken a couple of things away from that video.

1. I would hate to be his friend and have to see his times at the top of the leaderboards all the time.

2. I really need to learn that technique where you tap the brake to pull your bike forward a bit when it's hanging on by only the front wheel.
Yeah, that wheel thing is crazy.

DirtyLarry

Damn, I just thought that perhaps we broke the game.
I decided since my wife fell asleep I would get some play time in after watching a movie on Amazon Instant Video (Man Bites Dog, brilliant "mockumentary" about a serial killer from the 90's).

Instantly I realized the game was REALLY fucked up. Frame rate was in the teens if that. It was really damn bad. I instantly thought that because we had created our leaderboard that somehow the ghosts were affecting the game in a negative way.
I quit, launched the game, and same deal. Horrid frame rate. My next thought was hopefully there was a setting to disable ghosts, although I really did not want to do so, had no choice. I also thought I need to find out how to submit bugs to RedLynx.

Then it dawned on me.
I was just watching Amazon Instant Video.

What to the home screen, option clicked on Amazon, closed it since it was still running, reopened Trials, and luckily all was back to normal.

Is this a known issue with the Amazon Instant Video app??
If not is there somewhere I can submit this to Sony?

The only positive out of the whole experience is somehow the game being like a slide show helped me get 5th in the leaderboard for the Krank skill game. Not even kidding. I hope people do not somehow use this as an exploit.

Top Bottom