• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Rockyrock

Rock of Ages.... just... rock of ages.

Still can't beat it xD. I probably spent 20 minutes in a single part and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do (you need to jump on a white platform and then on a rock platform that's higer up and I just can't get there).

We have stuff like this and people seriously say Dark Souls is hard?

That part took me about a good 10 minutes. The part right after isn't much easier, I got stuck there for about another 5 minutes and accidentally hit restart by accident instead of last checkpoint.

I was too sick at myself to continue playing.

DirtyLarry

There is the off chance it had nothing to do with anything and I am just playing good tonight, but it was literally my 2nd attempt that I got 5th on the leaderboards, and prior to tonight, I have been more like 30th.

This I can say is not a result of the Amazon Instant Video bug. And believe me, I know it will be beaten, but I can still die a happy man.
Trials_1stPlace.jpg

Kumubou

Whoo I am in DEAD LAST for Light City Run on the X360. I think that's the first time I managed that dubious honor in any game, honestly. x_x

Cajun

Neo Member
I dont know if you guys are still having trouble with bunny hops (AKA Mind the Gap and pretty much every extreme track), but here's the advice I can give:

The physics for the height and distance you gain from a hop is completely set in stone. The further up and back your front wheel is when you flick the stick back forward, the more height you gain. The farther forward the front wheel is, the more distance you'll gain (factoring in your speed of course). Just experiment with the angle and how it affects your hop height and distance. You'll need those skills for some of the extreme obstacles this time around (Frost Bite has one of these such obstacles).

Hope that helps anyone who was wondering.

Anyone on X1 feel free add me: Ok Cajun

I'm desperate for people with good times to compete with when I feel like throwing my controller at a wall from challenges (80/120 going strong).

Daigoro

I dont know if you guys are still having trouble with bunny hops (AKA Mind the Gap and pretty much every extreme track), but here's the advice I can give:

The physics for the height and distance you gain from a hop is completely set in stone. The further up and back your front wheel is when you flick the stick back forward, the more height you gain. The farther forward the front wheel is, the more distance you'll gain (factoring in your speed of course). Just experiment with the angle and how it affects your hop height and distance. You'll need those skills for some of the extreme obstacles this time around (Frost Bite has one of these such obstacles).

Hope that helps anyone who was wondering.

Anyone on X1 feel free add me: Ok Cajun

I'm desperate for people with good times to compete with when I feel like throwing my controller at a wall from challenges (80/120 going strong).

im at work, add me: Daigoro

haven't put in a lot of time yet, but ive played a lot of trials, so i should be able to give you some good comp when i get some time to play.

MYeager

Workaround for the 360 folks if you are trying to play and you have not been able to connect to uPlay:

Get an older 360 Ubisoft game. I used Far Cry 3.
Connect in the menu to uPlay.
Go to the profile and enter in an email address and password - NOTE this can't be an email that's already linked to a uPlay account already.
Go to http://uplay.ubi.com/
Update date of birth, accept terms of service
Load Trials Fusion

Now it should connect to the uPlay servers with your Gamertag.

Bunch of bullshit.

Linconan

Getting tired of seeing me wheel glitch and get caught up all the time, ruins the f'n run.
Restart restart restart..

Got 360meters on that Balance level. Happy about that, i don't think i can get any further. LOL
Had some great battles with friends list.

If it's not perfect run as can be.
Restart restart restart.

LOL

fuzzbee

Neo Member
There is the off chance it had nothing to do with anything and I am just playing good tonight, but it was literally my 2nd attempt that I got 5th on the leaderboards, and prior to tonight, I have been more like 30th.

This I can say is not a result of the Amazon Instant Video bug. And believe me, I know it will be beaten, but I can still die a happy man.

That's an impressive time. I've been playing your ghost for 30 minutes trying to beat it. I've come close, but I just can't do it. I'm a broken man. You win. For tonight...

NeoRausch

I'm (NeoRausch) higher up on the NeoGAF-Trials then I thought!
I need to get my GAF name changed to my gamer tag.

edit:
oh and thanks for all the friendrequests and all the work cr blah blah put into this.

Track Challenges are easily my favorite new addition to the series. I probably could have gotten through 75% of the main tracks today if it weren't for how much time I was spending on the challenges. They managed to take some of the wackier elements that fans brought to the table with custom tracks in the past two games and incorporated them into the main tracks very cleverly. And boy are some of these downright devious!

Don't know if it's been posted, but for reference the X1 version currently listed 100,344 entries on the first track.

Quick question, and apologies if this have been discussed at length, but didn't see it skimming the last few pages: Game DVR recordings on X1 currently have a no audio bug? That's not just me?

Yeah I made a clip and noticed it had no audio as well. Somebody get tweetin' to RedLynx.

Vidpixel

I felt pretty good about my Trials skills before I added a bunch of you. Now I feel like I suck haha. My excuse is that this is my first Trials game I've bought.

aravuus

Whoa yeah, going from medium levels to hard is one massive jump in difficulty.

e: Also this is really strange lol, I'm constantly swearing out loud yet smiling and having a shitload of fun

I'm (NeoRausch) higher up on the NeoGAF-Trials then I thought!
I need to get my GAF name changed to my gamer tag.

edit:
oh and thanks for all the friendrequests and all the work cr blah blah put into this.

You're welcome. It's been going smoothly. I'm looking forward to checking out the leaderboards again when more people have completed most of the tracks.

PaulLFC

One thing I hope they improve for the next Trials game is collision detection. I know the games have always had slightly dodgy collisions at times but it can be really frustrating.

I was playing the Bus Mayhem user created skill game, which is great, but sometimes you can drive on top of the buses, other times your bike will fall through the roof of a bus and get stuck.

I've seen it happen on other tracks too, it takes some of the enjoyment out of the game when you fail due to a collision bug and not due to something you did wrong.

The hard and extreme tracks are a lot more than just bunny hopping. It's angle of landing, speed of approach, finesse of the gas, etc..

I remember the first time I ever played an extreme track in Trials HD. I hit the 500 fault limit twice in a row. After hours and hours of more practice, you eventually get to the point where you can almost, or can 0-fault them. Hard tracks actually become fairly easy. Trials is just one of those games where you really do get slowly better with practice practice practice.

DirtyLarry

That's an impressive time. I've been playing your ghost for 30 minutes trying to beat it. I've come close, but I just can't do it. I'm a broken man. You win. For tonight...
Looks like someone beat it, was it you?
I went on a mini tear with the first 4 ATV tracks last night. Not sure why they just clicked. Turns out forcing myself to stay awake with some Mary Jane was a winning combination.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's funny how the most severe screen tearing in the PS4 version happens when you press R2 to go from Ride to Garage. Looks absolutely horrible.

Baffled at the streams of this game on PS4 showing blatant pop-in. I have yet to pick this game up, but will most likely do so next Saturday. Turned on my PS Vita today and had over 30 new friend requests from gaffers. Can't wait to play with you all.

Baffled at the streams of this game on PS4 showing blatant pop-in. I have yet to pick this game up, but will most likely do so next Saturday. Turned on my PS Vita today and had over 30 new friend requests from gaffers. Can't wait to play with you all.

I am trying to Study so i thought i would check the PS app and i also have around 30 new friend requests D: ... I fathom to think how many of them have beaten my times....

qbicfeet

How many of you are going to pick up the PC version?
Is anyone going to create something akin to the NeoGAF_Trials account except for uPlay or will we do a traditional list of usernames?

Either way, I'm looking to fill up my uPlay friends list come April 24th, so feel free to add me @ qbicfeet. Going to both compete on the leaderboards and create some (hopefully) neat tracks.

Is anyone going to create something akin to the NeoGAF_Trials account except for uPlay or will we do a traditional list of usernames?

Either way, I'm looking to fill up my uPlay friends list come April 24th, so feel free to add me @ qbicfeet. Going to both compete on the leaderboards and create some (hopefully) neat tracks.

I'll be playing on PC. This would be a good idea.

Overdoziz

Banned

Does something like a NeoGAF account work on uPlay? I'm up for it anyway, and if it doesn't work we can always put up a Google document with uPlay usernames.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I have it preordered. My uplay id is Yaboosh.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
How's the PC version? Good multiplayer support and sharing stuff?
Beta runs fine for me and a lot of other people. I haven't noticed any tearing, framerate drops, or pop in. And there are tabs for multiplayer and custom tracks, but they're locked out the beta.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I found a problem with the tricks.

Ok, I'm having a great 0 fault run on Eye Of The Storm. All of the sudden my rider flails a little bit and fucks it all up. Apparently my right thumb tapped it just enough to make him have a seizure.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The Pit Viper. Once you unlock it you should almost never be using anything else.

Not true. All tracks that have long ramps that you can pick up speed you would want to use the Roach, because it has a higher top speed. Which are a lot of them.

Is anyone else annoyed that there isn't a single track in the game that looks like the one in the reveal trailer from E3 last year? A track in the clouds looks so cool, and yet I have yet to see anything close in the game.

At the 30 second mark
http://youtu.be/LfLR7p3BfOc

Even worse, Trials Evolution had some awesome tracks that were way up on the sky. So cool. I feel like the tracks in Fusion aren't as memorable as the previous game.

qbicfeet

Does something like a NeoGAF account work on uPlay? I'm up for it anyway, and if it doesn't work we can always put up a Google document with uPlay usernames.
I would assume so, unless there's some restriction on adding people until you purchase a game like it is with Steam.
But thinking about it, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle and a Google docs document would probably be better, seeing as we're on PC anyway and browsing the list and quickly adding users is easier on PC compared to consoles.
So, how many players does each platform have right now? Be interesting to know. The PS4 version is at about 83k.
There are just under 10k total riders on the PC Beta leaderboards at the moment, but they have been wiped multiple times over the course of the beta so I would assume it represents less than the actual number of players.

Top Bottom