• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Kensuke

FMX is easy once you can consistently pull off the tricks. You can practice on the Trick Master level (4th event). Don't try doing flips. Do one trick per jump. On the really long jumps you can try doing 2. The key here is to end a combination with a trick that ends with the bike in the neutral position or close to it.

Going Up + Ruler, Underdog + Going to Hell and Going to Hell + Bow work really well for me. If I pull those off those combo's I then perform Superman/Coffin (whichever the input recognizes), Going to Heaven and Driller when doing the single trick jumps. I like to end the final jump with Proud Hero.

Got to #3 and #4 on the worldwide leaderboard doing this (Wretched_Walrus). I do none of the triple trick or crazy flips some of the other top guys do.

Now if someone could teach me the rest of the game, because I suck at everything else.

This would be my first Trials game, is there any downside to buying the regular game and then the Season Pass at a later date? Does the Digital Deluxe Edition include exclusive stuff or no?

aravuus

Decided to buy the game even though I really should be saving money right now and damn, the main menu song is one hell of a welcome.

Also, can't connect to the ubisoft servers. They better fix this soon.

Decided to buy the game even though I really should be saving money right now and damn, the main menu song is one hell of a welcome.

Also, can't connect to the ubisoft servers. They better fix this soon.

You do not have to sign in to Uplay in order to get leaderboards, and play the complete game. In fact, there seem to be reasons you should avoid ever signing into Uplay for this game.

Daigoro

how the he'll can I get custom music working on XBONE, because this soundtrack is wearing thin very quickly.

had to turn off the announcers after a few worlds. that shit was so damn annoying. no idea why they thought that wasn't going to get annoying quick reposting the same line over and over during restarts. madness.

hawk2025

how the he'll can I get custom music working on XBONE, because this soundtrack is wearing thin very quickly.

had to turn off the announcers after a few worlds. that shit was so damn annoying. no idea why they thought that wasn't going to get annoying quick reposting the same line over and over during restarts. madness.

You need to snap Xbox Music.

Daigoro

You need to snap Xbox Music.
does it have to remain snapped to the side for it to continue playing? cause that's useless.

Any way to play or rip my own cds to the system like with 360?

kind of regretting buying this for XBONE for multiple reasons...

aravuus

You do not have to sign in to Uplay in order to get leaderboards, and play the complete game. In fact, there seem to be reasons you should avoid ever signing into Uplay for this game.

Oh, my bad then. I noticed the friend ghosts seem to work just fine, but I thought you needed to log in to Uplay to play the user-made levels.

Happy to hear that's not the case!

GeeDuhb

If your account it linked to uPlay it attempts to auto-connect when you start the game. If it can't connect to uPlay then you can't access leaderboards or save times to them, ghosts, or Track Central. My wife doesn't have uPlay on her account and it asked her to sign up, she declined and has access to all of these things. I have a uPlay account and I haven't been able to access any of those things yet.

So you are correct that nothing is technically locked behind it, however if you have a uPlay account and it had problems connecting to the servers these things end up being locked out. It's dumb.

Sucks people still having issues with uPlay.

I have added/accepted people on PSN now i am just playing the first set of tracks on the Roach to beat everybody's time :D

Wow, I am so glad that I haven't been able to log into uPlay yet, so mine was never linked...I would be pissed if their shitty service broke the game. Is there really no way to just unlink uPlay?

Goes completely against what happened to me. Uplay was down when I completed the ski jump challenge and got gold. Haven't gone back since. I'm still not on the lesderboards for it.

I may not join the PSN NeoGAF group only because it lowers my chance of making the first page on the leaderboars. lol Tough enough with 4 pages already.

hawk2025

does it have to remain snapped to the side for it to continue playing? cause that's useless.

It does have to stay snapped, weirdly enough.

psychotron

Am I missing something? Greenhorns Grove only shows 7 levels. I've got gold on all of them but the yellow progress bar isn't all the way filled.

Goes completely against what happened to me. Uplay was down when I completed the ski jump challenge and got gold. Haven't gone back since. I'm still not on the lesderboards for it.

I think there are two issues at play here.

When the game starts up it asks you to login to Uplay. That is almost always broken.

Then there are the leaderboard servers, which are also run by Ubisoft. So in your case it sounds like both of those things were down at the same time.

Lucky for me I've never had the leaderboard severs go down.

ekim

Anyone else having the problem, that the rumble isn't working on the Xbox One? It's enabled in the options menu.

Seik

Banned
Just tried it on a friend's PS4.

Maaaaan, last game I played like that was Elasto Mania. It seems to be stuffed with content. When I heard there was a track editor on top of everything I was immediately sold.

This, alongside inFAMOUS, will probably be my first games when I'll get a PS4.

As glad as I am to have this on PS4, having stuff fragmented between platforms kind of blows.

Has anyone
translated the morse code
during the credits?

One thing I can say, though, is that there seems to be an unnecsaary amount of texture pop-in, or so I've noticed. Even when you reset to a start point maybe 20 meters away from where you were previously... it's kind of jarring. Anyone else get this or is it an isolated issue for me? Even the trick diagrams on that challenge level sometimes pop-in. I mean, come on...

(PS4 here)
yes, some pop in on Xbox - was the same on previous iterations on 360 too, maybe a feature of the engine

StuBurns

Banned
10257318_10152802204573136_7980448307744288254_o.jpg
Evidence of Hell hath been captured, and shared.

GodofWine

GAF is making me fast...

Just knocked off some of you guys on a couple tracks. I will add myself to the gaf list

Until then you can add me psn: thegodofwine

Hmm definite occasional screen tearing on xbone.

It's there on the PS4 as well though less of it. Noticed a lot of it though, post v1.02 patch, on a user-made track which had lots of camera movement. Pretty ugly it was too. I suspect the game is using soft v-sync that disables itself when the framerate dips below 60 FPS. What I can't understand though is why all PS4 games are not triple buffered to avoid screen tearing completely and avoid the 60-down-to-30-and-then-back-to-60 FPS you see with double-buffering. The console has plenty of memory, at least 5 GB free for games, and Trial Fusions is hardly using all of that. While screen tearing is not as prolific as it was on the last gen systems, I'm still disappointed that we're seeing any at all on the PS4.

Mind you, screen tearing is the least of Trials Fusion's problems...RedLynx really need to do something about the ghastly texture pop in which is often noticeable as you're playing the tracks, not just when you hit restart. It's really offputting to be racing as the game is drawing in textures and shadows...

It's there on the PS4 as well though less of it. Noticed a lot of it though, post v1.02 patch, on a user-made track which had lots of camera movement. Pretty ugly it was too. I suspect the game is using soft v-sync that disables itself when the framerate dips below 60 FPS. What I can't understand though is why all PS4 games are not triple buffered to avoid screen tearing completely and avoid the 60-down-to-30 FPS you see with double-buffering. The console has plenty of memory, at least 5 GB free for games, and Trial Fusions is hardly using all of that. While screen tearing is not as prolific as it was on the last gen systems, I'm still disappointed that we're seeing any at all on the PS4.

User made tracks often stress things in unpredictable ways, but playing the developer made tracks I've noticed screen tearing once, in a very specific track, at a very specific moment. Not even worth mentioning IMO.

It does have to stay snapped, currently.

But if it helps ease any regret, background music playback has talked about coming in an Xbox One update soon.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Welp, I've faceplanted on the extreme tracks. Almost like an old familiar friend really.

This is the only franchise that is able to make me flail my arms around and make my body lean and move like I'm an 8 year old again. At one point I found myself sitting sideways on my couch with no recollection how I got into that position.

MYeager

Welp, I've faceplanted on the extreme tracks. Almost like an old familiar friend really.

This is the only franchise that is able to make me flail my arms around and make my body lean and move like I'm an 8 year old again. At one point I found myself sitting sideways on my couch with no recollection how I got into that position.

lol, I catch myself doing that as well, as if leaning with my body might help me get over whatever obstacle.

Top Bottom