• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Welp, I've faceplanted on the extreme tracks. Almost like an old familiar friend really.

This is the only franchise that is able to make me flail my arms around and make my body lean and move like I'm an 8 year old again. At one point I found myself sitting sideways on my couch with no recollection how I got into that position.

Same here. I found myself moving my arms all over the place last night trying to pass Inferno. The Extreme tracks have that effect on me. Love this game.

cr_blah_blah, you should post some screens from the top 20 or more for the Overall Leaderboard from the NeoGAF_Trials account. Would love to see how I'm doing against everyone.

StuBurns

Banned
I can't even do the first Extreme track, and one of the challenges is to do it with zero faults, and five spins.

Right now, I struggle to believe that is possible.

Montresor

I can't even do the first Extreme track, and one of the challenges is to do it with zero faults, and five spins.

Right now, I struggle to believe that is possible.

I think I've 200-faulted every Extreme track I've ever beat in Trials HD and Trials Evolution, lol.

Is the extreme world one of the first 8 worlds? There's an achievement for getting all the challenges in the first 8 worlds... phooey.

I enjoy the challenge of the Hard tracks. I can always finish them, and improve my performance over time. It's the extreme tracks that really start to crush me, although I always make a point of finishing one or two. I'm curious to see if they're any harder in this game. Still plugging away on the hard ones.

Screen tearing seems to be very bad on a few levels like Swamp Crash. Whats weird about that is Sebbbi posted this on B3D -

Do you have the 1st day patch applied? It fixed several performance problems and texture streaming problems (on all the platforms). If you have the patch, then I am really interested in knowing in which levels you have noticed fps drops. Did you do something special, or just played normally? In our development version we have noticed tearing only in one track (drop to ~58 fps in two places), everything else has been running at rock solid 60 fps. I am quite surprised about people having frame rate problems with the game.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1841534&postcount=86

StuBurns

Banned
Is the extreme world one of the first 8 worlds? There's an achievement for getting all the challenges in the first 8 worlds... phooey.
Doesn't look like you can play if you can't log-in, which I currently can't, so I can't say for sure, but I'm going to say no, because there's only one extreme world, so the achievement would presumably just say complete all challenges.

EDIT: Logged in, world 8 is the extreme world... Good luck.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Blimp My Ride on XB1. I'm going for number one.

ryB6bne.png

I don't understand how my brain works when it comes to this game.

Without fail, my first run of the course is always good. I usually either get gold or miss it by 1 or 2 faults. If I don't get gold right away, though, shit starts to go downhill from there. Obstacles that I breezed through on the first run somehow become impossible to pass. I'll be completely fine with certain obstacles through dozens of attempts, only to enter a funk where I can't pass them to save my life, and then once I have remastered them I'll hit a snag on a different obstacle that I hadn't had any problems with until this point. Rinse and repeat.

It's... frustrating.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I don't understand how my brain works when it comes to this game.

Without fail, my first run of the course is always good. I usually either get gold or miss it by 1 or 2 faults. If I don't get gold right away, though, shit starts to go downhill from there. Obstacles that I breezed through on the first run somehow become impossible to pass. I'll be completely fine with certain obstacles through dozens of attempts, only to enter a funk where I can't pass them to save my life, and then once I have remastered them I'll hit a snag on a different obstacle that I hadn't had any problems with until this point. Rinse and repeat.

It's... frustrating.

That's trials for ya. I know the feeling. I made it silver on the ice climb first try, then proceeded to fail for close to an hour without getting gold.

That's trials for ya. I know the feeling. I made it silver on the ice climb first try, then proceeded to fail for close to an hour without getting gold.
Don't even get me started on Ice Climb.

I got 50m on the first try and haven't even gotten close since. I've probably spent 90 minutes in total and the best I've done is 40 something. The worst part is that I fall on the simplest obstacles.

Pedersen

For those of you worrying that you wont 0 fault the extreme tracks, just keep at it. Look at replays, play against people's ghost, and replay the shit out of every obstacle every day when you have the the time. I did exactly that in HD and Evolution and after many, many hours i started to drop down from 200+ to about 20 in a couple of weeks until I finally completed them with 0 faults. I'm currently struggling with every extreme track in Fusion, but following everything i did in the previous games we shall eventually zero fault them.

Woke up to 20 friends requested for NeoGAF_Trials. If you sent one recently. It's been accepted. Pretty awesome. Since it's been a couple of pages I'll just repost the original post for those who don't go back in threads.

I don't know how interested people would be but I thought this could simplify adding people in mass to your friends list for Trials. I made a PSN account called NeoGAF_Trials and figure people could friend it to create a giant list of users to be able to add quickly and easier. Once you've friended that account you can see its friends list and just go down it adding people super easy (instead of typing each name from each post). Also, if anybody wanted to do community challenges eventually it'd be the best way to grab that info too. I have it set to only friends can view its friends list but I could change that to be more public if needed.

PSN Name (for this idea): NeoGAF_Trials

It's going strong at 76 friends now.

Same here. I found myself moving my arms all over the place last night trying to pass Inferno. The Extreme tracks have that effect on me. Love this game.

cr_blah_blah, you should post some screens from the top 20 or more for the Overall Leaderboard from the NeoGAF_Trials account. Would love to see how I'm doing against everyone.

Absolutely, that's a great idea. Give me a little bit.

I'm friends with a few competitive gaffers, and would enjoy the challenge of having more of you to catch up to.

Add me: RJN is my PSN ID.

I play daily and I'm going to start focusing on 1st paging all the easy and medium tracks for the next few days.

Rodelero

This would be my first Trials game, is there any downside to buying the regular game and then the Season Pass at a later date? Does the Digital Deluxe Edition include exclusive stuff or no?

I'd buy the standard edition and wait to see. I'm a Trials HD and Evo veteran and even I am going to wait and see. When I see what is in that first DLC pack, I'll make a decision on whether I want to go for the season pass.

Oh, and good luck. You'll need it :)

Neuromancer said:
Isn't there supposed to be a mode with randomly generated tracks? Where is it?

Is that not the Extreme skill game?

DirtyLarry

I am absolutely ecstatic I was able to get 5th place on the leaderboard although I am well aware that is going to get pushed down dramatically. Considering I usually average around 30 out of 46, that was quite the achievement. LOL

So the main reason I came to post is I just got to the FMX tricks part. Did the training, I get the whole concept thanks to the fact I loved Joe Danger, but I was not getting Gold on the first event and just would like to know what the secret is to doing so...

Is it a matter of holding just one trick for a long time? Doing a lot of different tricks in one self-contained combo? Or something else entirely to get high points?

And after typing that all out I just realized I am a dumb ass and can watch replays. However feel free to share your tips if you'd like.

Overdoziz

Banned
I am absolutely ecstatic I was able to get 5th place on the leaderboard although I am well aware that is going to get pushed down dramatically. Considering I usually average around 30 out of 46, that was quite the achievement. LOL

So the main reason I came to post is I just got to the FMX tricks part. Did the training, I get the whole concept thanks to the fact I loved Joe Danger, but I was not getting Gold on the first event and just would like to know what the secret is to doing so...

Is it a matter of holding just one trick for a long time? Doing a lot of different tricks in one self-contained combo? Or something else entirely to get high points?

And after typing that all out I just realized I am a dumb ass and can watch replays. However feel free to share your tips if you'd like.
From what little I played I think the best is to just stick with one trick per jump (while doing flips of course) and do a different one for every jump.

The last Trials we had a large group on 360 and we would pick a track of the week once we were "done" fighting for times on the regular tracks. It's early for that but I'm hoping it's something we can do with the PSN group.
Playing a user created track is just not as fun unless you can compare your times to friends. Well unless you're one of the assholes in the PSNGAF group that can break the top 100. ;)

Natiko

Banned
So despite having completed all of the Full Throttle challenges the achievement has not popped. Is this a known issue? I've even tried going back in and finishing them again just to see. I didn't have this issue with the Unyielding III achievement, it popped just fine.

I'm going to grab a shot of the current overall leaderboards for our NeoGAF_Trials account. I haven't seen it updated but I'm sure our fearless OP is destroying everybody currently still.

GeeDuhb

Just out of curiosity, to see how the user bases are across platforms, can someone with the XB1 version tell me how many created tracks there are in track central? The PS4 version says 1250 currently...

I am probably going to regret asking lol...

R3TRODYCE

Just out of curiosity, to see how the user bases are across platforms, can someone with the XB1 version tell me how many created tracks there are in track central? The PS4 version says 1250 currently...

Natiko

Banned

1330 currently. A better metric would be people on the leaderboard of the first track - 97,915 currently on XB1 and going up pretty consistently if you back out and go back in

Edit: And apparently the tracks in track central are also increasing pretty regularly based on the above post.

GeeDuhb

1330 currently. A better metric would be people on the leaderboard of the first track - 97,915 currently on XB1 and going up pretty consistently if you back out and go back in

Edit: And apparently the tracks in track central are also increasing pretty regularly based on the above post.

Thanks guys. Well, we will have to see if the rumors of TC going cross platform actually pan out...

And wow, a lot more XB1 players that I would have expected from posts in the thread...67608 on the first of the PS4 version. I should have figured this would be the case.

Top Bottom