• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Overdoziz

Banned
84GBK.jpg

One more track.

see5harp

On the Xbox360?

I suppose I might have just been less sensitive to it back then, but I really didn't notice any framerate issues.

I never had an issue with the framerate (it was far from 60 though). It was the tearing on tracks (especially gigatrack?).

Zeth

Is that note accurate in the PC beta that says the next section unlocks this weekend? I forget what date it says, the 12th maybe. I just got it so I don't know if previous worlds have unlocked progressively.

There are only medium tracks available at the moment, and I'm dying for more to do. The unique challenges for each track are interesting, but I don't think they are registering properly - not that there's much to do with your earnings yet.

Doodis

Don't know if it's been noted or not, but Trials Frontier is out on the iOS app store, and it's free. Downloading now!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm so bad at Trials I don't think I can buy it. I end up getting frustrated and wanting to throw the controller out of the window. Looks great but.

I set myself personal targets and try not to get upset that I'll never platinum everything. Usually gold on everything except extreme, and then extreme I'm happy to even pass

I think trials frontier on iPad has ghosts to race against for your friends (or global). You get a rider on the track but I don't know if it is replaying their movements or just simulating it based on how fast they finished. You do see them retry tricky sections though.

What is the deal with the release date? OP says the 16th, and I recall hearing that date announced a while back.

However, the store on my PS4 and Amazon.com both say the 15th.

How can I play webms on iOS? I love the idea of the higher image quality but even googling, I couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated - I'm heartily awaiting Trials Fusion (and I'm glad that I forgot about it until about a week ago when it came back on my radar.)

rObit

Banned
How can I play webms on iOS? I love the idea of the higher image quality but even googling, I couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated - I'm heartily awaiting Trials Fusion (and I'm glad that I forgot about it until about a week ago when it came back on my radar.)

You can't really. The most recent workaround I saw was to download the VLC player app, then when browsing with Safari you can open the webm with VLC. It's a giant pain in the ass that pretty much defeats the purpose of webms as gif replacements.

OT - Just pre-ordered this today and got gold on the available tracks...I want more.

colbertgiveittomenow.gif

Don't know if it's been noted or not, but Trials Frontier is out on the iOS app store, and it's free. Downloading now!

It's actually pretty good!

Can't wait for the real deal though. And peeps please add me if you're on the XO - CriscoGiant - need ghosts to show me how to do those extremes.

Monday Monday Monday, trials time baby

Played the shit out if hd and evolution in the 360, need some new ps4 friends to keep this shit competitive

Psn senior_gipo

Ps I take this shit serious 😂😂

Marco1

I'm hoping for DLC that brings back the atmosphere of the older version.
I don't like the futuristic look at all.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
http://puu.sh/855ZF.jpg[img]

Trials HD, Trials Evolution an Trials Gold all Platinum'd. I'm ready for Fusion. :D[/QUOTE]

I haven't got the patience to platinum the extreme tracks. [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37304672&postcount=1877"]I'm usually just happy I finished it.[/URL]

Overdoziz

Banned
These trick races are so terrible. Just feels way too inconsistent what kind of trick you will do and sometimes it will just kinda do nothing and flail around without getting you any points. ugh

Uiki

These trick races are so terrible. Just feels way too inconsistent what kind of trick you will do and sometimes it will just kinda do nothing and flail around without getting you any points. ugh

So I was not the only one hating them.

I'm pretty annoyed at the resolution thread. You can see before that opened, that I was praising Red Lynx for their technical coding abilities and contrary to what some people seem to think 900p at 60 fps with the kind of lighting and effects (and level size) that Trials uses is actually a real technical *achievement*.

I can't wait for this game, and I'm sure it'll be a technically fantastic achievement on every platform it's on, because Red Lynx have always pushed the latest technological advancements into their titles.

I'm sure that this is going to be one of the technically more impressive games released so far, just like previous games in the series were, even if you have to scratch beneath the surface to realize.

Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I loved Evolution to bits, even if I wasn't especially good at it.

Zeth

PC beta seems to be improving even more. Texture pop-in when retrying back a long distance was the only noticeable issue from what I've played and they appear to have improved it. They've also added even more graphics options. I've had a silky smooth 60fps at 1440P w/ 680 2gb + 3570k.

Patch Notes 12.04
Release note for patch 0.9.3 for Trials Fusion PC Beta. (Steam and UPlay)

General:
- A completely new video settings screen, with lots of new settings.
- Optimized loading times. Up to 30 seconds faster loading from HDD (app start -> first level).

Graphics:
- Much reduced texture popping.
- Solved a compatibility problem with computers that have multiple display devices.
- Ultra settings (particles & "bokeh" depth of field) for extreme PCs.

Others:
- FPS Counter fix for 16:10 resolution.

Content Update will consist of:
-Five classic tracks for TKO-PANDA Bike.
-FMX track
-Skill Track

Known issues:
- Foliage may not be rendered.
- The game may crash on exit.

edit: Wow, new Ultra settings look really really good from what I can tell.

Maybe if they had less pointless nonsense going on in the background they could've gone for 1080p.

Let's not spill that over into here, but in short, highly unlikely. It's their real time lighting (deferred) that pushes 1080p out of reach, and the game has to have real time lighting due to the way tracks are built (and it having a track editor).

On 360 they chose not to out put a full 720p image (in both Trials HD and Evolution) because it was the best concession to make to keep them at 60 fps with all the other impressive tech. This was because of the memory architecture of the system, and Red Lynx did some amazing things optimizing for the memory architecture of the 360 in those games.

That this is 900p is absolutely no reason to think any less of Red Lynx when a first party game like Killer Instinct can only manage 720p running at the same framerate and using similar kinds of lighting techniques.

They're pushing much more than a first party title at a much higher resolution. That's something they should be getting credit for.

This game is going to be an achievement on whichever system you pick it up for. I don't remotely doubt it. I'm sure Xbox One owners that buy the game will be suitably impressed.

eso76

it was probably talked about before but,

is the editor as deep as it was in evolution, allowing you to do basically any kind of game ?

and are user created tracks and games shared across different platforms or are they Platform-specific ?

Tak3n

Banned
so Ubisoft are doing there usual we don't give a fuck about PC

They broke the Beta with the latest patch, they denied it was their fault and said they could see no problem, then made a post saying oops, yes we broke it... then said it will take a few days to fix!!

Shaneus

so Ubisoft are doing there usual we don't give a fuck about PC

They broke the Beta with the latest patch, they denied it was their fault and said they could see no problem, then made a post saying oops, yes we broke it... then said it will take a few days to fix!!
Can't say I didn't see it coming ;)

The_Dude

Agreed, really not liking the tricks. I'm not a fan of the challenges either. They feel pretty pointless and sometimes just annoying, but at least it seems like they don't count towards career completion and can be more or less ignored.

eso76

One more question.

tricks have no effect on physics right ?
I mean, you don't have to rely on those to spin the motorbike in the air / not required to do some of the jumps right ?

they are completely optional I assume. Would be a total deal breaker for me otherwise

mrklaw

MrArseFace
One more question.

tricks have no effect on physics right ?
I mean, you don't have to rely on those to spin the motorbike in the air / not required to do some of the jumps right ?

they are completely optional I assume. Would be a total deal breaker for me otherwise

Same. Any levels that are reliant on some stupid flips is potentially a game breaker.

But if they aren't essential, what are they here for?

Zeth

Same. Any levels that are reliant on some stupid flips is potentially a game breaker.

But if they aren't essential, what are they here for?

There are FMX tracks/skill games scattered throughout the campaign. In the regular trials tracks, they are totally optional - you receive no points for them either.

Re: the broken beta - is it Win 8 only? Still works fine for me and the new Ultra graphics are awesome.

I have 300 uplay points and I hope they are enough to unlock "rewards" for trials , child of light and watchdogs. Damn you ubi!

big_z

any plans to create a gamertag list like the last game so gaffers can compete against each other on the leaderboards?

Tak3n

Banned
There are FMX tracks/skill games scattered throughout the campaign. In the regular trials tracks, they are totally optional - you receive no points for them either.

Re: the broken beta - is it Win 8 only? Still works fine for me and the new Ultra graphics are awesome.

Yeah...Windows 8 only... they posted saying we have to wait until Monday for people to come into the office

Zeth

wiggleb0t

Banned
SLI broke Trials Evo, even when specifying the game to not utilize SLI. Made it a stuttery mess. Anyone with a SLI setup having no problems with the beta/trial?

Yes, BUT go look at the top replays for several of the tracks. People are using the tricks to physically propel them faster over certain jumps and whatnot. To me this ruins the game. I hate the tricks and wish they were impossible to even perform outside of the trick tracks. Keep that separate from core Trials.

All this negative trick talk is really unfortunate. It was my one worry with this game. I hope they patch it to make the tricks inconsequential during regular events.

Top Bottom