• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Uiki

You're not missing much, the new tracks all force you to use that boring-ass ATV. With that thing the leaning part of the game pretty much goes out the window.

I tried it before (saw your ghost!) and i was really disappointed. Flat gameplay, anonymous tracks.

The thing that worries me more is that half of the tracks are already unlocked.. and even if they are easy/medium ones.. they fucking suck >_>

After seeing atvs and that trick system I almost regret blindly preordering it..

So, who's going with the regular ($20) edition, instead of the bundled season pass version? I think I'm going to go with the regular, because I don't really know how much time I'm gonna commit to the game, I rather see what it ships with and decide if I want to invest more into the game in the future. I love Trials, but not sure I love it forty dollars much.

impact

Banned
So, who's going with the regular ($20) edition, instead of the bundled season pass version? I think I'm going to go with the regular, because I don't really know how much time I'm gonna commit to the game, I rather see what it ships with and decide if I want to invest more into the game in the future. I love Trials, but not sure I love it forty dollars much.

Definitely the regular with how much people are complaining about the tricks. Sounds like a silly gimmick, and I'm not sure why they even allow tricks in the non-trick challenge stages. If the game/DLC turn out amazing I can just get the season pass and pay the same amount as the premium edition anyway. No reason to fork over money for a season pass before a game even comes out.

So the only way to buy this game for $20 is the PC version? I really liked the first 2 but no way am I paying $40 just to have the PS4 version.

I'm surprised they're forcing the "season pass" on consoles and there was no uproar over it. Oh well hopefully they pay in lost sales.

JLck

Embargo is April 16th at 10am EST.

Speaking of which, any other PS4 reviewers out there? Have you been able to connect to Uplay?

With games hitting digital stores at midnight it really annoys me when a game's review embargo is day of release.

So the only way to buy this game for $20 is the PC version? I really liked the first 2 but no way am I paying $40 just to have the PS4 version.

I'm surprised they're forcing the "season pass" on consoles and there was no uproar over it. Oh well hopefully they pay in lost sales.
You can buy it digital without the season pass for the normal price (20 dollars I believe).

You are only "forced" to buy the season pass if you buy the game on disc. You can still download for $20.

With games hitting digital stores at midnight it really annoys me when a game's review embargo is day of release.

Agreed. It's stupid. Would it really be a problem to make the embargo midnight? Or better yet, the day before? It's just publishers being assholes.

I would ask the same. Would like to see some actual XB1 footage.

If you have xbox one console you can goto.
Upload, view games and click on Trials Fusions there are quite a few videos on there already.

You can also pin the game from upload, pressing start on game and find in store (I think it is) then pin, so you should be able to view videos and achievements.

Upload, view games and click on Trials Fusions there are quite a few videos on there already.

You can also pin the game from upload, pressing start on game and find in store (I think it is) then pin, so you should be able to view videos and achievements.

You're right. Don't know what I forgot about that. ;)

I loved Trials Evolution Gold (PC) it was my GOTY last year because it came out of no where for me and it was more fun than I could have imagined. There is something about the way your proficiency of control increases in time with the challenges of the tracks that feels so rewarding and right. When you first start you would think there is no way you could possibly get past one of the higher level obstacles let alone clear a sequence of them without a fault. When you dance across a level just right...it is beautiful.

How does it look? Any noticeable frame-rate issues?

How does it look? Any noticeable frame-rate issues?

I am sure all upload stuff caps at 720p/30fps for capture. All I could notice personally was a few moments of background pop in textures. Think if your playing you would probably miss them as you're in the zone.
Looks like good fun though.

Haunted

There are some tricks that do make you jump farther. For instance there's one where if you are doing say a frontflip, the rider lets his feet off the bike while still holding both handlebars and sort of flings the bike around faster. When he comes back upright the weight of the bike has actually thrown both rider and bike farther than if it was just a regular frontflip.

Skill games (and FMX trick tracks) are now part of the regular progression of Trials. Instead of an entirely separate mode, there are skill games planted right into the middle of say a medium difficulty track pack. The medals you get there contribute towards unlocking the next pack of tracks. So in essence, skill games and FMX are required to keep advancing.

I wish I could actually get into the game to show you the perfect example of how the tricks are impacting regular trials runs but the latest beta update broke the game for Windows 8.1 users. For those that can get in, there's a track that's at nighttime where you start off on kind of a high hill that looks more like the Trials Evo aesthetic and then it blends into the Fusion high tech look. There's a jump right at the beginning that people are using the FMX system to boost past a checkpoint that sits on a large rock for better times. Just watch the top replays.
aw

From Eurogamer

The Xbox One version of Trials Fusion will require a day-one patch to raise the game's resolution to 900p, Ubisoft has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Before that the game will run at 800p, albeit at 60fps.

The game's PlayStation 4 version will run at 1080p 60fps from launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...as-day-one-patch-to-boost-xbox-one-resolution
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801318

So the cross-link stuff between Trials Fusion/Frontier is unlocking costumes. But wait, Frontier is in the Future, and Fusion is in the past?

JJTpy2r.jpg

1CctZJQ.jpg
I haven't even seen those tracks yet in Frontier...

Ok on closer inspection I'm happy to report I think I was wrong about the tricks propelling riders faster. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Other good news, the game seems to be running even better after the latest patch. The one track that had some framerate dips for me is better too with it only dipping down to around 53 or 54 fps a couple times at max settings. Everything else in the game is rock solid at 60fps at 1440p and everything set to high/ultra.

That new sunset track with the ATV is beautiful. There are some fun new challenges on these tracks as well. I like the football one in the temples (it's like the bomb delivery skill game in Trials HD).

The new skill game is the absolute worst. They launch you off the starting line basically off a cliff and tell you perform specific tricks one after another. The tricks feel like a total crapshoot so that's going to be a matter of brute forcing your way to the Gold and then never touching it again.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does anyone know if buying the season pass is a discount? Or will it be $20?

If you are asking whether the season pass will also cost $20 when purchased separately, I would assume yes, but I don't know anything for certain.

edit: though on re-reading maybe you were just asking whether it's cheaper than buying the packs separately, which BruiserBear answered.

Anyway, looking forward to that PS4 version. Hope the framerate really is near perfect.

Can anyone shed any light on the release date? Ubisoft is saying the 16th, but Amazon.com and the PSN store on my PS4 say April 15th, tomorrow.

Very strange.

So, the freakout over the last couple of pages was based on false info?

Most of the replays are no longer viewable because they were made in a previous version of the beta, but I was able to watch a couple top 10s not using tricks so I'm hoping it's the case. Time will tell for sure.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The last PSblog post from UBI about Fusion say its the 15th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/11/trials-fusion-on-ps4-challenge-the-world/

And that was posted on Friday.

Well, the US PS Store updates on Tuesdays, doesn't it? Here in Europe we'll be waiting until Wednesday, I expect.

Don't really know why they so strictly have to stick to one update per week. Why not just release stuff when it's ready to go up? But I guess it's easier to handle and promote the updates when they happen in a single chunk every week.

Overdoziz

Banned
My favorite new addition in Fusion are probably the challenges on each track. A lot of them are pretty simple with flips and tricks and whatnot, but some tracks have some really unique ones which can be a lot of fun. Those are sometimes essentially their own skill games. Also found one of the twenty squirrels while trying to complete a challenge.

Getting this one on Xbox One simply because of the controller. It makes a huge difference to me in a game like Trials. Those Xbox One triggers are damn good !!!

Top Bottom