• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine (PC/PSN) |OT|

So is this confirmed for XBLA or not? I'd like to get it on steam if it's never coming to XBLA, but if it is, i'll wait for that version.

leela

Neo Member
I wish the schools I attended growing up used those grading scales. 70-79 were split up for Cs and Ds. 69 and below was an F.

After seeing those screenshots I might just go with the Steam version, especially since it is on sale.

Keikoku

Banned
SonOfABeep said:
So is this confirmed for XBLA or not? I'd like to get it on steam if it's never coming to XBLA, but if it is, i'll wait for that version.

trinexbla.jpg

SonOfABeep said:
Did you read the OP? For god sakes, Atlus and Frozenbyte don't even know what the hell is this so called Xbox 360 port.

Shining Sunshine said:
Did you read the OP? For god sakes, Atlus and Frozenbyte don't even know what the hell is this so called Xbox 360 port.

You do realise that picture was taken at E3 right? It's not a photshop picture. I mean why have a picture that says "Coming Soon To Xbox Live" and try to deny it? Seriously, think it over kid.

Phoenix Fang said:
You do realise that picture was taken at E3 right? It's not a photshop picture. I mean why have a picture that says "Coming Soon To Xbox Live" and try to deny it? Seriously, think it over kid.
Because Atlus would like to do it (and possibly assumed it was more of a sure thing). But it seems as though it hasn't gotten concept approval from Microsoft, it hasn't actually been budgeted and scheduled between the two parties beyond their initial agreement, and there is currently no guarantee that it will happen.

attractivetb said:
Re: Grading scales...a 78 is a B+ in most Canadian schools...

Glad I'm Canadian....

UBC
http://www.students.ubc.ca/calendar/index.cfm?tree=3,42,96,0

U of T
http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/current/undergraduate/transcripts/guide

McGill
[PDF] (the "Harvard" of Canada I suppose...)
http://www.mcgill.ca/files/student-records/transcriptkeyApril09.pdf
Wow. At the 'Harvard of Canada', a 65 is a B-, and an 80 is A-.
At the high school I went to, 65 was D- (one point from F), and 80 was a C.

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Volcynika said:
25% off on Steam ($22.49) for a week (till Aug 19th) if some PC people were waiting on something like this.

I knew the inevitable Steam limited time price drop would happen, definitely purchased now.

poweld

TelemachusD said:
Wow. At the 'Harvard of Canada', a 65 is a B-, and an 80 is A-.
At the high school I went to, 65 was D- (one point from F), and 80 was a C.
McGill is a highly respected institution. You realize that an grading scale shifted downward (in the right context) means a difficult curriculum, yes?

I remember taking some exams where a 65% ended up being an A >_<

Also, Trine is great.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Rorschach said:
What would be a C+ at your school? Higher or lower?

I assume he was on the

94-100 = A
90-93 = B+
84-89 = B
80-83 = C+
74-79 = C

as opposed to the straight ten point scale

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I hope those screens are yet another confirmation of IGN's crappy screengrabbing equipment, rather than confirmation that the game is running at something like 1024x540.

BeeDog

Lord Error said:
I hope those screens are yet another confirmation of IGN's crappy screengrabbing equipment, rather than confirmation that the game is running at something like 1024x540.

Let's hope so; the other day they posted horrible PS3 screenshots of Arkham Asylum, when the demo proved the IQ wasn't as bad as the pics.

colinp

Banned
Picked up Trine with the Steam sale and it is pretty damn fantastic. My thanks to Chris Remo and the Idle Thumbs crew for the recommendation!

Phoenix Fang said:
Read the OP, kid.

Developer doesn't know about an Xbox 360 version. They phone the publisher and they don't even know about the Xbox 360 version. All talks about the XBLA version are just speculations.

Spruchy

This should've been in the summer of arcade instead of Turtles in Time (I don't care if it has to be some sort of exclusive).

Ravidrath

Shining Sunshine said:
Read the OP, kid.

Developer doesn't know about an Xbox 360 version. They phone the publisher and they don't even know about the Xbox 360 version. All talks about the XBLA version are just speculations.

Atlus is publishing the XBLA version. It's due out about 6 months after the PSN release, and will have unspecified "improvements."

Shining Sunshine said:
Read the OP, kid.

You are one slow child. There is no need for me to explain it to someone who lacks any understanding.

face_777 said:
Why would they have printed THAT banner, if it was undecided? Seems like a path has been chosen to me.

Well it's hard to try to explain to someone who is slow and has trouble with simple logic.

Splatt

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to restart the level everytime you Alt+F4 should be strangled and mauled by an angry bear.

Ridley327

Mrbob said:
Nothing set in stone, but the developers are tossing around the idea of including a level editor as a patch:

http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2039

Would be awesome if this does happen.

I believe they hinted at the idea of a level editor around the same time that the first patch was being made, but it's nice to see that it's getting a little bit more traction than a mere "wouldn't it be great if..." comment. I can imagine a lot of cool stuff happening with a level editor, especially with how good people have gotten with the Thief and the Wizard.

Poor Knight.

Mrbob

I just want Chris Remo's Wizard sound bite to go off every time the in game wizard casts a spell. Wait, maybe I don't! :D

I also noticed the sale price has propelled this game back into the top 5 overall steam sales.

How do you lock the framerate in this game? It's regularly fluctuating between 30 and 60 fps on my PC with everything set to max, so I'd like to cap it at 30.

Also wish the retail game came with a CD key so I could activate it through Steam (and thus enjoy the benefit of auto-patching), but oh well. Fun game nonetheless. Might play it for a second time tomorrow, since I just finished the campaign.

MicVlaD said:
How do you lock the framerate in this game? It's regularly fluctuating between 30 and 60 fps on my PC with everything set to max, so I'd like to cap it at 30.

Also wish the retail game came with a CD key so I could activate it through Steam (and thus enjoy the benefit of auto-patching), but oh well. Fun game nonetheless. Might play it for a second time tomorrow, since I just finished the campaign.

Enable triple buffering through D3DOverrider and you won't notice the dips. Disable AA (or have it at its lowest setting) as its a huge performance killer in this game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Trine 'stuck' in Quality Assurance testing, dev unsure of release date

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009...ality-assurance-testing-dev-unsure-of-releas/

Remember that game Trine? The summer is quickly coming to a close, and we've yet to see the innovative multiplayer platformer hit the PlayStation Network. What happened to the game, and why isn't it out yet?

Develpoer Frozenbyte's CEO Lauri Hyvärinen spoke with GameSetWatch and said the game has been stalled due to Sony's rigorous QA testing. "On consoles it takes weeks, even months if the game gets stuck in the technical quality testing stuff. It's not anybody's fault really, and it guarantees a better end product, but the time it takes can be frustrating."

Frustration? We certainly didn't notice that in our comments section! Unfortunately, Hyvärinen doesn't have much to console us. According to Frozenbyte, they're as in the dark about the release as we are: "I think we are waiting for the PSN release just as much as gamers out there." Hopefully, Trine will see release soon -- before the holiday's big guns start hogging all our attention.

mileS

Well i'm willing to wait as long as it takes for the PS3 version to be the best it can.. Even with all the big games coming soon i'm going to make sure I save some time for Trine. All the talk from the Idle Thumbs podcast and TRS has got me hyped.

Curse you old PC...

Jtrizzy

They shouldn't have kept up with the "it's coming soon" shit or the "by then end of the month" shit for the last two months. But what can you do? Hopefully it comes soon.

Top Bottom