• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

So, why exactly did he need to go there? Why not just be honest with the girlfriend and avoid this?

I don't get the logic behind his motives. That's the way I've been feeling about his character all season long.

Sanjuro

Gay guy dies from what has to be one of the dumbest reasons on this show while Colin is banging the hot girl with issues.

I tried to give this show a chance but hot damn, it sucks.

TWIST

He isn't gay. He was being gay for the blanks to kill the real lesbian?

Oh, fuck, here it goes!!!!!!!!

Uh, I'm gonna need to read a synopsis, I clearly missed some key stuff this episode regarding what exactly everyone is in deep shit over (besides Vince Vaughn, I think I have his stuff figured out).

Popnbake

So, why exactly did he need to go there? Why not just be honest with the girlfriend and avoid this?

I don't get the logic behind his motives. That's the way I've been feeling about his character all season long.

Colin warned the guy not to go in there since it was an obvious setup but he goes along with it anyway.

I thought they were going to do a meeting to lure them out in the open but nope, it's time to take on armed men while running for your life.

and all of this because of gay pics......

TWIST

He isn't gay. He was being gay for the blanks to kill the real lesbian?

Oh, fuck, here it goes!!!!!!!!

It's going to be one hell of a series finale. o:

The moral is "be honest about yourself and you will live"

or the moral could have been, don't walk into obvious setups.

Kerned

Banned
Good thing that Vinci cop was waiting behind that specific door for, um, reasons. Unless he knew that Woodrugh would run down that tunnel and come up that specific ladder. But that wouldn't make any sense at all, would it?

Sifl

Good thing that Vinci cop was waiting behind that specific door for, um, reasons. Unless he knew that Woodrugh would run down that tunnel and come up that specific ladder. But that wouldn't make any sense at all, would it?
At least the show is consistent in not making any sense.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That was a great fucking episode. I finally give a shit about the characters, and the directing actually had some merit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The second half of the season has been fantastic. Still no idea about birdman though.

Birdman was that crooked detective at the end who killed Paul.

Remember he was already at the scene early in episode 3. He also wanted to motivate Velcro to leave the whole thing in episode 5.

Am I the only one here rooting for Vaughn? I was actually kind of of afraid some russian was going to pop up and kill him when he was burning the club down.

Rixxan

That was a great fucking episode. I finally give a shit about the characters, and the directing actually had some merit.

yeah i know its the popular thing to hate on this season of this show, and it was admittedly well deserved through 5 episodes, but i think i need to give the show some credit where credit is due - episodes 6 and 7 have been good

as good as they can be standing on a weak foundation, anyway

Rixxan

Am I the only one here rooting for Vaughn? I was actually kind of of afraid some russian was going to pop up and kill him when he was burning the club down.

it was nice to actually see first hand that he did in fact not realize he was setting up velcoro

made him more likable for sure

Gorillaz

Since the shootout scene they seem to have slowly found their "footing" story beat wise. Still rough around the edges but the past few episodes have been good. Dialogue and shit like "everything is fucking" is holding it back in some areas. Vince had a few good spots in this as well.

Top Bottom