• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

Euron

They can't actually kill him off now...can they? He's easily the best actor on the show. He has to have survived somehow.

...right?

duckroll

I... think I liked the episode better than the first one? Not really sure. It still feels kinda disjointed in how the narratives flow. The weird and creepy vibes work pretty well though, especially since it's pretty different from how the first season handled it. More urban, more Hollywood rich, weird fetishes, etc. I have no idea how that final scene is going to work. Is he really dead? Don't see how he could survive that. And the masks? Totally Hotline Miami influence there. Lol.

No way. No fucking way. Velcoro was just starting to become my favorite.

Won't believe he's dead until I see a body.

As for the episode, fantastic recovery from the godawful episode 1.

I... think I liked the episode better than the first one? Not really sure. It still feels kinda disjointed in how the narratives flow. The weird and creepy vibes work pretty well though, especially since it's pretty different from how the first season handled it. More urban, more Hollywood rich, weird fetishes, etc. I have no idea how that final scene is going to work. Is he really dead? Don't see how he could survive that. And the masks? Totally Hotline Miami influence there. Lol.
google rock salt my friend

Jonm1010

Banned
Damn! Either they just killed him off and WTF or they just 180'ed the fuck out of his character trajectory.

EDIT: or they just rock salted him or whatever.

Altazor

I think I liked this episode far more than the previous. It was still dark as fuck, but had some slight humorous tinges that, even if they were few, lightened the mood overall.

I think the "grimy underbelly of the city" vibe was more present in this ep than the previous one, which is fine by me.

Van Owen

Banned
Just rewatched and there was no blood. I'm not sure what kind of damage that second shot would do to a vest or something at close range.

duckroll

Lol, HBO is really playing the cliffhanger up. He's nowhere to be seen in the preview! She's already paired up with Paul! Those bastards.

Nif

Digging this season. Not as much as the first so far, but I wasn't hooked on the first season until episode 3 or so.

Top Bottom