• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

Serpico99

Were the directors of the last two episodes just that fuckin bad?
This seems like a totally different show. Some pretty bad one-liners still but this music is fucking MEAN. I love it

Pizza man did say in an interview that halfway writing the season he "cracked it" or what its really about, so hopefully get has more direction.

sangreal

yup, Frank definitely fed him the wrong guy and Velcoro killed him

Thought this was a solid start to the season

...with 3 episodes left

duckroll

This episode had much more momentum, but the dialogue is really fucking awful. The formula the show goes for is also getting pretty old - everyone just keeps going for the tortured constipation face while other people tell them what's wrong with them, sad girl sings a song in the bar, etc. This episode had a lot more going on than the last couple, but it's still not compelling, and I don't think this season will ever be. I did like Farrell's transformation though. Would have been far more striking if I gave a shit about any of these characters. :p

Robot Pants

Yea. And just like that I'm back in.
Huge missteps with episodes 3 and 4 but hopefully the rest of the season will be like this one.

kingocfs

This episode had much more momentum, but the dialogue is really fucking awful. The formula the show goes for is also getting pretty old - everyone just keeps going for the tortured constipation face while other people tell them what's wrong with them, sad girl sings a song in the bar, etc. This episode had a lot more going on than the last couple, but it's still not compelling, and I don't think this season will ever be. I did like Farrell's transformation though. Would have been far more striking if I gave a shit about any of these characters. :p

This season is like blue balls...for my heart.

Sifl

Best episode by far. Still a bunch of terrible dialogue and stupid shit like Paul hiding his money in his moms house for 4 years, finally deciding to check on it only to find *shocker* its fucking gone.

Dysun

Best episode of the season so far. Maybe this is the reverse of Season 1 and trends up instead of down after the big set piece episode

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
That made up for the lack of plot progression of earlier episodes. Raven man is working against catalyst confirmed. Frank's parcels are not going to be worth shit if Captain Catalyst gets taken down for environmental destruction or killing a hooker on tape.
I'm about 10 mins behind on DVR. Ani and Paul are totally talking about Bohemian Grove aren't they?
Talking about her father's 70s/80s compound.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't understand why there is a case going on with Velcoro being the father or not. If the child's birth certificate has his name, then no judge can change that he is the legal father. Only thing that is possible here is that he could be declared unfit to do all duties as father because of his habits. But that's about it.

Mimosa97

I'm only watching this for Velcoro.

Now watch him go berserk once he learns that the kid is his but his wife is still getting full custody.

MVPs this season are Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams. I'm not really feeling Vince Vaugn so much, but he's not bad, however Taylor Kitsch is just not working for me. The scene where he's cursing on the side of the street (when he realizes his bike is gone) sounded awkward and forced.

It was more than his bike being gone lol

Top Bottom