• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

LaneDS

Is there any public word on why they were so keen on getting a second season of the show out a year after the first, when it's completely disconnected?

Given the anthology format, and HBO in the past seemingly being okay with some series releasing on a "when it's done" schedule, I don't know why (aside from the obvious "money" answer) they didn't give the second season more time. If we get a third season I'm hopeful they'll take a more measured approach to the production.

Is there any public word on why they were so keen on getting a second season of the show out a year after the first, when it's completely disconnected?

Given the anthology format, and HBO in the past seemingly being okay with some series releasing on a "when it's done" schedule, I don't know why (aside from the obvious "money" answer) they didn't give the second season more time. If we get a third season I'm hopeful they'll take a more measured approach to the production.

capitalize of the excitement/popularity of the first season.

i mean it honestly seems like Pizza the Hutt is fine/proud with what is being made so don't really see why he wouldn't release it if it's ready and to get the hype wave of S1.

You got it all wrong, the shootout is amazing. They had Navy SEAL experts on the shoot to make sure it was 100% authentic !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwixL5KOx8Q

(Check out Pizzolatto who is so cool he's got to wear shades while being interviewed)

Unintentional comedy when Pizza Boy says they have to make the action scenes authentic then they cut to a machine gun spraying mad man hanging out of a factory window.

Im Batfarrell.
colin-batman.gif

True Detective Season 3: Farrell is a vigilante stalking the night, his son is Commissioner Gordon

New episode tonight:

Interesting.

WHERE IS ALL THE GOLD IN CALIFORNIA

jond76

Banned
Hyped for tonight. This is the first thing I watch when I get home from work out of the pile of stuff that airs on Sunday.

This show is rapidly falling out of my "watch during it's TV time" list and into the "watch...sometime before the next episode airs" barrel. Second ep was really good but since then...eh. Bad dialogue delivered poorly, and characters that simply have no interesting qualities. Nor is there any chemistry amongst the main cast. It's just "x delivers his dialogue" and "y delivers her dialogue" before driving off somewhere.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
HBO now on browser is absolute shit. They haven't fixed this goddamn awful player in months. Stutters like shit. Shit ton of complaints on Facebook, twitter, reddit etc and still nothing. And then they wonder why people don't pay for the content.

sangreal

The construction dude Frank shook down two episodes ago.

That wasn't Stan -- I rewatched that scene like 3 times and he never says that guys name. Also they don't look the same at all if you compare them side by side

Stan just seems to be one of Frank's henchmen. I dont know if they even mentioned his name before they killed him off

That wasn't Stan -- I rewatched that scene like 3 times and he never says that guys name. Also they don't look the same at all if you compare them side by side

Stan just seems to be one of Frank's henchmen. I dont know if they even mentioned his name before they killed him off

O yeah you're right. Stan, what a guy.

MVPs this season are Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams. I'm not really feeling Vince Vaugn so much, but he's not bad, however Taylor Kitsch is just not working for me. The scene where he's cursing on the side of the street (when he realizes his bike is gone) sounded awkward and forced.

Top Bottom