• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

ItIsOkBro

REC7fyF.png

This goes all the way to the top.

tom cruise and kramer

ZeoVGM

Banned
It seems every Trump article on GAF has this response. How many smoking guns we up to now?

Got some receipts on that? Feel free to go into the past month of Trump articles and report back.

(Hint: That isn't how it works. Every piece of news is a piece to the investigation. Some are much bigger than others. This is an important one.)

But his claim is that he met with the lawyer under the guise that she had some information that the Clintons were working with the Russians and then soon realized he was being duped.

While an important story, there's no evidence of collusion here.

The fact that he has radically changed his story one day later doesn't seem significant to you?

hawk2025

But his claim is that he met with the lawyer under the guise that she had some information that the Clintons were working with the Russians and then soon realized he was being duped.

While an important story, there's no evidence of collusion here.

Lmao

"Jr denied it, therefore no evidence of collusion!"

If you don't see through that blatant lie, I don't know what to tell you.

RDreamer

Goldstone was there for the meeting with Veselnitskaya, per DJT Jr's latest statement.

Right. It's showing the meeting was at Trump Tower and that Trump himself was also at Trump Tower that day. Likeliness he didn't know about that meeting at all is pretty low.

Rmagnus

Banned
This is getting g depressing, all the shit that he and his goons done, with all the news yet it seems nothing can be done to get him out of office.

This is getting g depressing, all the shit that he and his goons done, with all the news yet it seems nothing can be done to get him out of office.

We're getting previews and teasers, but nobody's going to make a move until Mueller announces his findings. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Rmagnus

Banned
Thanks for the replies, I been following the news hoping he can be oust soon so that the stance on climate change will be for lack of a better word changed.

Setting up a meeting with a lawyer whose sole purpose is getting the Magnitsky Act repealed.

What could they possibly have talked about?

gazele

Banned

If Mueller finishes his report and doesn't recommend any charges...that's the time to worry (although there's still the NY AG investigation)

I have enough faith in mueller based on everything I've seen to trust his investigation

Obviously firing Mueller is a whole different thing and would immediately be alarming

The constant "nothing will come of this", "why isn't he impeached already?" is frustrating to see from people who I know have good intentions, but this kind of thinking doesn't help

Kyzer

Banned
If Mueller finishes his report and doesn't recommend any charges...that's the time to worry (although there's still the NY AG investigation)

I have enough faith in mueller based on everything I've seen to trust his investigation

Obviously firing Mueller is a whole different thing and would immediately be alarming

The constant "nothing will come of this", "why isn't he impeached already?" is frustrating to see from people who I know have good intentions, but this kind of thinking doesn't help

If Mueller announced no charges its not some disappointing thing and he let you down and was untrustworthy the whole time, it would mean there was nothing. Either you have faith in his integrity or you don't, it can't be contingent on the outcome being what you want

Surfinn

If Mueller announced no charges its not some disappointing thing and he let you down and was untrustworthy the whole time, it would mean there was nothing. Either you have faith in his integrity or you don't, it can't be contingent on the outcome being what you want
I think it's pretty much an impossibility that no one is in trouble after the investigation. That outcome would directly contradict everything we've seen and heard pretty much daily since before the election.

Zolo

Yeah. At this point, I've ultimately decided to put my cards down on Mueller. Obviously this doesn't count if it's the DoJ that decides not to follow up if he recommends charges.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah. At this point, I've ultimately decided to put my cards down on Mueller. Obviously this doesn't count if it's the DoJ that decides not to follow up if he recommends charges.

Mueller has the power to charge people with his team.

Well it would mean there was nothing that could be charged as a crime, or not enough evidence of a suspected crime to support an indictment (the Feds generally don't go after someone unless they're pretty sure they can win). In that case you'd be left with plenty of non-criminal but highly inappropriate and unethical stuff going on that Mueller couldn't do anything about (but Congress theoretically could).

What if he finds lots of wrongdoing but not enough to charge him with?

As this story develops, it is getting more difficult to believe that Trump was not aware of what his operatives were doing. Still, it is probably wise to wait for the investigation findings before committing to any particular conclusion. I am cautious because political stratagem has become so duplicitous and manipulative, and collusion does not have to be true for Russia's efforts to succeed; the idea of collision works just as well. Their goal was to cause chaos and undermine our democratic institutions. What do you think is going to happen if the investigation implicates Trump & Co in various schemes and illegalities? Things will likely get more chaotic; impeachment will not be easy and his supporters will not suddenly turn on him. And if the investigation comes up empty? Probably not outright chaos, but certainly continued dysfunction and increased distrust of our democratic institutions. Regardless of what happens going forward, I feel it is safe to say that Russia is winning the game that most of us do not realize we are playing.

Toxi

Banned
Except House of Cards still effuses an agreed upon level of decorum and optics from the high office by its 'public citizens'. Much of the calculated planning and maneuvering comes at the expense of an implicit contract the American public carries on the show, in which they will not stand for illegality, abuse, or illicit acts(haven't seen new season yet though).

Optics and PR remain uncompromising creating much of the drama. Shameful how far our society has fallen when decency, trust, and dignity is all but lost on such a large percentage. The fiction is operating at a higher level.
In the newest season,
the Republican candidate loses the support of Republicans in congress because a tape containing his angry profanity-laden outburst was leaked.

Yeah.

Thaedolus

I was under the impression they'd still need Rosenstein's approval.

Dude Rosenstein appointed the former head of the FBI, a fucking legend assembling a legendary Voltron of prosecutors, to this case. You think he's going to be like "nahhh...let's not prosecute this..."

There are two options going forward: Mueller goes HAM and Trump and his cohorts are fucked, or Trump tries to reenact the Saturday Night Massacre and gets just as fucked. It's just a matter of time at this point.

Zolo

Dude Rosenstein appointed the former head of the FBI, a fucking legend assembly a legendary Voltron of prosecutors, to this case. You think he's going to be like "nahhh...let's not prosecute this..."

There are two options going forward: Mueller goes HAM and Trump and his cohorts are fucked, or Trump tries to reenact the Saturday Night Massacre and gets just as fucked. It's just a matter of time at this point.

Rosenstein getting pressured over time or the latter's more what I was worried about.

Squire

Banned
Chris Hayes tweeted this out again.

http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/here-s-how-collusion-could-have-happened-981028931527

Makes all the sense in the world. Trump probably really did tell on himself months ago.

Dude Rosenstein appointed the former head of the FBI, a fucking legend assembling a legendary Voltron of prosecutors, to this case. You think he's going to be like "nahhh...let's not prosecute this..."

Yep. People have to remember it's not that just - against most bets - Risenstein hired a SP, but he specifically hired potentially the single best person for the job, who himself is not low-balling the hires for his team.

You guys know that the WH spox just said that "Trump had no idea what his son and campaign manager were doing during that time".

He already threw Jr. under the bus.

nomis

Can we please stop letting jamokes freely shit up these threads by purposefully conflating ”no evidence of collusion" with ”no declassified evidence of collusion"? the shit mueller has that will put trump et al away might never get released period

will that mean people were prosecuted ”without evidence"? I'm so beyond sick of hearing the same characters say ”NO EVIDENCE" like a Serbian twitter bot

Top Bottom