• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

Otnopolit

I'm sure he already knew about this. These idiots are going down.

Do you reckon there are drafted screenplays of this circus already in the works and they have to keep adding to them in order to catch up to this insanity? It's gonna be like a book to movie adaption; they simply won't have enough time to cover it all!

Do you reckon there are drafted screenplays of this circus already in the works and they have to keep adding to them in order to catch up to this insanity? It's gonna be like a book to movie adaption; they simply won't have enough time to cover it all!

I mean, if Warner Bros wants to take another crack at building a cinematic universe:

mOSCOWNIGHTS_zpsdvbnsvzk.jpg

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Trump: Haven't spoken to him in years. Hardly know him. Don't even like him.
"I doubt I'd know what he looked like"
...you post this, yet you somehow managed to miss the part where they noted the evidence.

"Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner only recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times."

That's the evidence. Legal papers likely disclosed when Manafort was forced to register under FARA. The Times was told about all of this by people in the White House who knew about it.

Be honest, you didn't actually read the article before posting, did you?
He doesn't care about evidence.

Kevtones

Obama was in charge the last 8 years and his poor education system led to my son's collusion! That's the real story! WITCH HUNT! #MAGA

jelly

All I ask is nobody gets pardoned and the investigations continue even if Trump steps down or gets impeached. Nail them all.

Zolo

All I ask is nobody gets pardoned and the investigations continue even if Trump steps down or gets impeached. Nail them all.

Oh definitely. The investigation's not specifically about Trump. It's the whole campaign team & anyone else new and any crimes.

UberTag

Right. I've said repeatedly that they should try to force his resignation by charging and prosecuting family members and close associates. Everyone but Trump can be indicted and tried at the federal and/or state level. And he can't pardon state-level charges.
I wonder if Donald is aware of this little detail. Would be funny if he isn't.

jelly

I wonder if Donald is aware of this little detail. Would be funny if he isn't.

I'm guessing he has always got away with it more or less, pay off being the worst but he is in a whole other ball game now. I think his only chance is the establishment not wanting to die of embarrassment and hurry him off without a magnifying glass on the shit show, that's my worry. If there is one thing about politicians and people in power, protect the establishmen even if that means bad things and bad people not being brought to light.

chadskin

Now we know who the go-between was:

In an interview Sunday, Rob Goldstone, a music publicist who is friendly with Donald Jr., told The Washington Post that he had arranged the meeting at request of a Russian client and attended with Veselnitskaya.

Goldstone has been active with the Miss Universe pageant and works as a manager for Emin Agalarov, a Russian pop star whose father is a wealthy Moscow developer who sponsored the pageant in the Russian capital in 2013.

Goldstone would not name the client. Instead, he said that Veselnitskaya wanted to discuss ways that Trump could be helpful on the Magnitsky Act issue should he be elected president.

“Once she presented what she had to say, it was like, ‘Can you keep an eye on it? Should [Trump] be in power, maybe that’s conversation that he may have in the future?’ ” Goldstone said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c0e3e8-64e9-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html

Thry just announced this on CNN. This shit is so badddddd. Can't someone arrest these dipshits already?

I'd wager they'll wait to arrest until the investigation is over, or at least when it's at a point where the case against them is rock-solid. I'm confident that that's at least what the gameplan is gonna be for Trump himself, though I don't think Mueller himself is allowed to press charges against the President.

That said, it does feel like the walls are all closing in here. Especially between this story and the reports that folks seem to be flipping.

chadskin

Goldstone has been active with the Miss Universe pageant and works as a manager for Emin Agalarov,
In an exclusive interview with FORBES, Emin Agalarov—a Russian pop singer, real estate mogul and son of one of the country’s richest people—described an ongoing relationship with the Trump family, including post-election contact with the president himself.

Among Agalarov’s most striking claims: that he and his billionaire developer father, Aras, had plans to build a Trump Tower in Russia that would now likely be under construction had Trump not run for office; that he has maintained contact with the Trump family since the election, and has exchanged messages with Donald Trump Jr. as recently as January; and that President Trump himself sent a handwritten note to the Agalarovs in November after they congratulated him on his victory.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...naire-family-trump-ties-ongoing/#9366aec69b3a

Fuck, this is so heavy that should there be failure to call these people to account, the wheels will fall of America pretty much straight away. There is nothing Trump won't be able to do. You guys approach a crossroads of existential implications.

Goldstone's Miss Universe Bio is pretty great.

member_profile_picture.1370629537RobGoldstone.jpg

Oui 2 PR founder, Rob Goldstone is a former journalist, publicist and international marketing director, whose previous clients include Michael Jackson, BB King, HMV Record Stores, Richard Branson, The Hard Rock Cafe and Oscar-winning lyricist Tim Rice.

Born in the United Kingdom, Rob studied as a journalist and by his early 20's worked for daily newspapers and radio stations. In 1985, The Band Aid Relief Fund invited Rob to accompany Bob Geldof to Ethiopia.

In 1986, Rob moved to Australia, first as a journalist - as the only journalist chosen by Michael Jackson to accompany him on his tour "down under" - and later as a publicist and co-president of his own PR company, Crawford Goldstone Publicity. For six years, Sydney-based Rob represented almost every major international artist touring Australia; from Cyndi Lauper to Julio Iglesias, James Taylor, Tracy Chapman, BB King, Marianne Faithful and Poison! Among his corporate clients were Saatchi and Saatchi, The Hard Rock Cafe, Chess: The Musical, Richard Branson's Virgin Megastores, and HMV Music Stores.

After returning to England in 1991, HMV Group (part of EMI Records Group) hired Rob to head up its international marketing department. A year later Rob moved with HMV to the United States where he was appointed Head of International Marketing - a position he held until 1998. In this capacity, he oversaw the international marketing for the world's largest music retail corporation, from the U.S. and Canada, to the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Japan, and Australia. His work led to close working relationships with artists, managers, and record labels across the globe.​

Lo-Volt

What’s the evidence? I read the article and didn’t see anything presented

Boy, Donald Trump himself could show you the pee pee tape his damn self and you’d try to spin that. Either that or the “indictment and nothing else”, but I think you just see what you want to and that’s fine I guess.

yyzjohn

Banned
This should be considered outright thread shitting at this point.
Why ? Pointing out the obvious? Trump Sr. will claim he had no knowledge of this. What are they gonna do to him cause Trump Jr. met with some Russians? I'm telling you what won't happen.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Someone post the video of Trump appearing in the kid's music video.

Chumley

Banned
Why ? Pointing out the obvious? Trump Sr. will claim he had no knowledge of this. What are they gonna do to him cause Trump Jr. met with some Russians? I'm telling you what won't happen.

What the fuck are you talking about. Did you read the article?

Top Bottom