• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

yyzjohn

Banned
It basically is. Folks don't understand how investigations work.

Hey I'm all for Trump getting impeached, but in my opinion this won't get him impeached. I'm not thread shitting by pointing out you need far more then his son's statement to do anything to him.

Zolo

Why ? Pointing out the obvious? Trump Sr. will claim he had no knowledge of this. What are they gonna do to him cause Trump Jr. met with some Russians? I'm telling you what won't happen.

Because it's basically a meme at this point. There's a line between 'nothing will happen' and 'This is the end of Trump'.

KHarvey16

Hey I'm all for Trump getting impeached, but in my opinion this won't get him impeached. I'm not thread shitting by pointing out you need far more then his son's statement to do anything to him.

It's just a shame there's nothing but this one story about Trump and Russia. Oh well.

REC7fyF.png

This goes all the way to the top.

Wait, Jr. is claiming the information offered was that Russians were funding the DNC and supporting Hillary? lol Yeah, ok.

Russia probably offered the pee pee tape to the DNC for favors, but the DNC declined.

So, they then turned to Trump and offered him the Podesta emails.

The rest is history.

RPGamer92

Banned
For all the people saying nothing will come of this, remember that it took until Nixon's second term for him to resign because of Watergate.

Nothing will come of this
until Mueller gives the signal

For all the people saying nothing will come of this, remember that it took until Nixon's second term for him to resign because of Watergate.

The Watergate break in happened during Nixon's run for a second term. CREEP stood for "Committee to RE-Elect the President"

Here's my prediction of the Republican argument against this.

.........................................................................................................fake news

Yea, but Watergate didn't happen until his second Presidential campaign.

Watergate break in happened in 1972.

Nixon was already in office for 4 years.

He did the Watergate shit in 1972 and then resigned in 1974.

So, it took about 2 years to get rid of him.

This stuff with Trump is already being blown wide open. The only thing saving Trump's ass right now is a GoP majority.

Yea, but Watergate didn't happen until his second Presidential campaign.

Watergate break in happened in 1972.

Nixon was already in office for 4 years.

He did the Watergate shit in 1972 and then resigned in 1974.

So, it took about 2 years to get rid of him.

And we're on overdrive mode.

He's speedrunning Watergate over here in addition to being a fraction of the competence of Nixon.

lenovox1

It was confirmed by Trump Jr.

But his claim is that he met with the lawyer under the guise that she had some information that the Clintons were working with the Russians and then soon realized he was being duped.

While an important story, there's no evidence of collusion here.

It was confirmed by Trump Jr.

They are really really fucking bad at this covering up thing aren't they.

But his claim is that he met with the lawyer under the guise that she had some information that the Clintons were working with the Russians and then soon realized he was being duped.

The intent is pretty important tho.

The story doesn't claim to be evidence of collusion? People are just reading between the lines in this thread.

Doran902

my knowledge of american politics is based on watching house of cards and this whole thing is just like watching house of cards

Biske

my knowledge of american politics is based on watching house of cards and this whole thing is just like watching house of cards

You know, the later seasons of house cards I was starting to think "you know, this is all getting too ridiculous, this is some kind of cartoon"

Then the 2016 election came along and turns out real life is even more of an absurd fucking joke.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

For years, even as a "civilian," I listened as Republicans pushed the Repeal and Replace of ObamaCare. Now they finally have their chance!

Lookie what Jr retweeted. I'm dying here lol, especially the air quotes on civilian.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Legitimately laughed the fuck out loud at the idea of Russians helping Clinton's campaign.

Jr. is a lying little weasel.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Nobody thinks this one statement is getting him Impeached.

KHarvey16

Much worse has been said and done and nothing has happened. This would be same. I will keep watch though.

I can't wait to read the history books when they talk about this time period.

"Donald Trump was elected president and then nothing happened until the very instant he was removed from office. Nothing. Seriously, not one thing happened."

That is his claim, but it doesn't mean he is telling the truth. Like one person posted a few weeks later DNC emails was leaked.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Except House of Cards still effuses an agreed upon level of decorum and optics from the high office by its 'public citizens'. Much of the calculated planning and maneuvering comes at the expense of an implicit contract the American public carries on the show, in which they will not stand for illegality, abuse, or illicit acts(haven't seen new season yet though).

Optics and PR remain uncompromising creating much of the drama. Shameful how far our society has fallen when decency, trust, and dignity is all but lost on such a large percentage. The fiction is operating at a higher level.

Top Bottom