• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing stops the Trump Train.

I know people that are generally pretty intelligent, likeable people. Right up until they started talking non stop about how great trump was, and how he should be our next president, and he could smother Hillary, and blah blah blah.

I have never unfriended people on Facebook that quickly.

Blader

If he makes it, Hillary will obliterate Trump in the debates but you know who I'd rather face Trump in debates...

121012_biden_grin_ap_605.jpg

Maybe the best debate I've ever seen.

I know people that are generally pretty intelligent, likeable people. Right up until they started talking non stop about how great trump was, and how he should be our next president, and he could smother Hillary, and blah blah blah.

I have never unfriended people on Facebook that quickly.

That was your first mistake!

benjipwns

Banned
Michael Savage interviews Donald "The Winston Churchill of Our Time" Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkUzoVF-XI

At least so says radio talk show host Michael Savage, who praised Donald Trump as the “Winston Churchill of our time” during the real estate billionaire’s appearance on Savage’s radio show Wednesday.

Savage, who said he is supporting Trump’s presidential candidacy, talked voter identification laws, immigration and the Iran nuclear deal with the man who is currently leading most Republican presidential primary polls.

Asked about Iran, Trump said it is “inconceivable” that New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer, who he always “thought loved Israel,” would support the Iran deal in the Senate.

After Savage interjected to ask whether Schumer has come out to say he is going to support the deal, Trump replied, “nobody knows what he is going to do,” before suggesting Israel might pressure him to oppose it.

“Actually I’m surprised that Israel isn’t putting tremendous pressure on Schumer because they do have a lot of power over Schumer,” Trump said, implying a sitting U.S. senator’s vote could be swayed by the pressure of a foreign power. (RELATED: Savage Says Obama Purging Military Like Stalin)

Savage also pressed Trump on whether he would establish strict voter ID laws through an executive order as president. But before Trump could answer, Savage explained why he actually shouldn’t answer the question.

“I know I don’t want to nail you, I don’t want to get you to say ‘yes’ and then they’ll nail you for that,” Savage said. “‘Trump goes on right wing Savage Show and says’ — right away, they start screaming racism. I get it. I know what they do. I know the game.”

Trump finally broke into Savage’s monologue to say he supports ID laws, though he didn’t say whether he would establish them nationally through executive action.

Towards the end of the interview, Savage asked Trump whether he is really prepared to spend over a billion dollars to win the presidency.

“You’re a rich man, but you know this is going to cost a billion and a half dollars. You surely don’t want to throw all of that out on your own. Are you considering having people donate money or not?” he asked.

Trump said some people send money into his campaign, but he doesn’t want to take large checks because he doesn’t want to be beholden to anyone.

“Michael, one man offered $5 million, they want to put millions in,” Trump explained. “I said, ‘don’t do it because I don’t want to have a position where some day you’re going to need [something].”

Pressed again if he is willing to spend $1.5 billion of his own wealth to win the White House, Trump simply replied, “I’ll see what happens.”

Sorry as an Englishman and a citizen of Great Britain and of Europe. This man trump is a buffoon and am profoundly piqued to hear this bullheaded chump mentioned in the same sentence as Sir Winston.

Galaxies apart in statesmanship and gravitas.

TrutaS

I am not from the USA, but it seems to me that people should start taking his candidacy seriously, and be actually scared of his popularity, instead of shrugging it off as humour. As a foreigner it seem he is on the news 10 times more than Hillary and that is amazing publicity.

Log4Girlz

I am not from the USA, but it seems to me that people should start taking his candidacy seriously, and be actually scared of his popularity, instead of shrugging it off as humour. As a foreigner it seem he is on the news 10 times more than Hillary and that is amazing publicity.

What's the worst that can happen. He gets elected? We had GW for two terms.

Tiamant

I agree. Don't you dare to release this guy into the rest of the world, America!

He has no path to 270 electoral votes and no structural support at the endorsement level. He's a joke that just gets on TV for the same reason people tune into wrestling here in the US-to see what crazy thing he'll do or say next.

Sorry as an Englishman and a citizen of Great Britain and of Europe. This man trump is a buffoon and am profoundly piqued to hear this bullheaded chump mentioned in the same sentence as Sir Winston.

This. I know it's a joke, but come on.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
At what point does the ironic Trump love lose its comedic value?

benjipwns

Banned
I can't believe I used to listen to Savage religiously in college.
He's a great listen. He vacillates between anger and melancholy and humor and righteousness and talking about a meal he had and what horrible things immigrants are doing and how he likes certain music and mocking Sean Hannity's ratings and...

This. I know it's a joke, but come on.
It's actually not. Well, the thread title is, but not the Savage comment.

A little island nation no one cares about anymore.

USA USA USA

Perhaps. But this ain't a debate on this or that nation, nor their failures or achievements, influence, history or politics.

Were talking about Mr Trump, and I doubt his ability to bind a country.

Highly.

You can and should do better

Indeed, quite frankly comparing the two, even as a joke, is incredibly insulting.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Winston Churchill was a tosser too. Anyone British who isn't born into wealth, Churchill Would have despised you, just like Trump.

tosser now, let's not exaggerate man. He certainly wasn't the people's man, gotta agree with that, but since he's basically the only PM Americans know he's always the first one to be cited

if this idiot said Clement Attlee it'd have fucking infuriated me. Like, talking about real primal bloody rage fueled by absolute disgust

Winston Churchill was a tosser too. Anyone British who isn't born into wealth, Churchill Would have despised you, just like Trump.

Yup, non-British folk don't seem to realise that we happily kicked him out in '45 after the war in Europe was won.

Privelidged tosser of a politician who legitimately seemed to dislike poor people. Massively fucked up in WW1 in pushing for the terrible, pointless Gallipoli landing as well.

Yup, non-British folk don't seem to realise that we happily kicked him out in '45 after the war in Europe was won.

Privelidged tosser of a politician who legitimately seemed to dislike poor people. Massively fucked up in WW1 in pushing for the terrible, pointless Gallipoli landing as well.

Cometh the hour... Cometh the man.

But your right he was a bit of a toff. And he did get kicked out.

He was conservative after all. I can forgive him for his downsides, maybe he wouldn't have been such a great war time leader without those qualities. Comparing him to Trump though? It's insulting.

linkboy

I can't believe I used to listen to Savage religiously in college.

I have the unfortunate displeasure of having an uber conservative family and being stuck in a car for hours on end.

I had to listen to Savage's shit for two hours yesterday and it was pissung me off.

Truth be told, this is the last time I'm coming to visit my parents (hell, my family in general) for a long, long time. It's all conservative bullshit, all the time, combined with all sorts of rascist crap.

I get no enjoyment out of coming to visit anymore.

JB1981

He's a great listen. He vacillates between anger and melancholy and humor and righteousness and talking about a meal he had and what horrible things immigrants are doing and how he likes certain music and mocking Sean Hannity's ratings and...

Very true lol. Now that you mention it, I think I listened in just to hear his stories and not the politics.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NH_82515.pdf
PPP's new New Hampshire poll finds Donald Trump in the strongest
position of any poll we've done anywhere since he entered the race. Trump laps the
Republican field with 35% to 11% for John Kasich, 10% for Carly Fiorina
, 7% each for
Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, 6% for Ben Carson, 4% each for Chris Christie, Ted Cruz,
and Marco Rubio, and 3% for Rand Paul. Candidates falling outside the top ten in the
state are Rick Perry at 2%, Lindsey Graham, George Pataki, and Rick Santorum at 1%,
and Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, and Bobby Jindal all at less than 1%. Everyone does
have at least one supporter on this poll.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He's an economic genius tho.

Why just yesterday he told a reporter that he would have advised people to sell stocks last week (had they asked him) because he didn't like the market's reliance on Asia.

“I had a feeling things were bad,” he said. After the market crashed. Which any middle schooler who watched TV last Friday might also have said.

Everyone who thinks Trump would be a good president is a moron. And they should be embarrassed. Dumber than Palin people.

i didnt know michael savage had a phd in ethnomedicine

how do you go from that to talking about the vermin and obama being a metrosexual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom