• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL why would Comey ask for immunity? That makes absolutely no sense.

Steejee

I get the feeling he loves it like this. He likes attention. Doesn't really care how he gets it. Gets angry when he sees it going to anyone else.

That might have been the case for a while, but all the reports seem to indicate the negative attention is draining him hard. The man has always had cronies to pick up the pieces of his mistakes, and they always kept him in the dark about those mistakes so he thought he was the greatest ever. He though being President would be easy, and then discovered that it's the hardest, shittiest job in the world and that the Federal Government is a far bigger, more independent beast than he could have believed.

So here he is now, not even halfway through his first year, and nothing has gone like he expected. Even if he's unable to reflect on his own failures, the press and popular view on those failures does reach him.

cameron

Br1JK6f.png

Ha, clever.

WH stream is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SW7uFzLy0

CHC

Reserve duty = suicide watch?

And this bitch opens by talking about some nuclear incident in the middle of nowhere

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is it really necessary to plant bugs in the White House when the the President is a bug himself?

Though I suppose Trump has the memory and intelligence of an injured goldfish, so bugs could still be useful for getting more coherent and reliable information.

I mean I was still surprised Trump didnt immediately swap him out for some crook from the start.

Only way he would have stayed indefinitely would be if he was clearly playing ball with the administration.

And I have said it before but I continue to believe the only breakthroughs for Trump / Russia will come from other countries. US IC had weeks, not months, they didnt do it fast enough and now they are completely compromised.

If Aaron Sorkin had tried to make a season of The West Wing this ridiculous the show would have been canceled and he'd have been involuntarily committed.

Ithil

Leaked photo of the Spicer confrontation

03e02de2-0d67-4f7e-951c-da3dd18ecfda.jpg

If you are wondering about the state of the White House grounds, Trump has not nominated anyone for groundskeeper yet.

mas8705

As someone who has become a bit of a cynic thanks to the election, I had to admit that I really can't stop laughing at the insanity on display here. It is almost as if you can't make this up! At this point, I feel like if a movie was done to highlight Trump in office, people would be struggling to figure out if the movie as actually based on a true story or not!

What I especially love about this is the fact of how everyone wanted Comey gone due to his "Involvement" with getting Trump elected, and yet here we are in a position where he is gone, and yet people are actually standing up for him saying that this is shady as all hell the moment we bring Russia into the mix.

Can't wait to see what happens next that will make people think "TRUMP HAS GONE TOO FAR!" when he has officially proven time and time again that, no... he has yet to break through that glass that will be the indicator that he will get kicked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom