• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
This is like a sports team firing the refs when the calls don't go their way.

Then, when the other team complains, saying, "You should be happy - didn't they blow calls for you, too?"

Seems like a guy like Comey who annoyed both sides is exactly the guy for the job.

blackflag

Low energy...did she just wake up?

She's better at speaking than Spicy though. By speaking better..I mean better at delivering the BS.

Green Yoshi

Comey has been invited to testify before the Senate next Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/862366067859095555

Then he can explain why he screwed Clintons campaign.

giphy.gif

daveo42

Banned
Did Spicy get canned or is Trump worried he can't handle staying on message that all of this has zero relation to the Russia investigation.

President hates to waste tax payer money...

Sure.

People in power should not be allowed to just say dumb shit like that without literally every piece of media and every single god damn citizen with common fucking sense jumping down their hypocritical, shit breathing throats.

benjipwns

Banned
To be fair, who wouldn't be awful looking straight into the eye of both the press and the American public and covering for such obvious corruption.
You realize these public press briefings are mostly just for show right? They do an off camera one earlier in the morning and organize what the days coverage will be.

The American public knows better than to watch this garbage. Especially since they probably have jobs during the daytime. And if they don't they're smart enough to watch something else.

KingV

And people thought MY comment about the kid's birthday was ice cold! Whew

I'm just calling balls and strikes. Everything I know about trump says she's not traditionally attractive enough for him to actually take seriously.

I'm trying to say that as diplomatically as possible.

darscot

She still does the same shit, getting all hissy when they ask any question she doesn't like. Zero charisma and just comes off as miserable. I don't think she is any better than Spicer, its just new. After a couple weeks of spouting the same bullshit she will be exactly the same

Magwik

Banned
No
wanting to lock up your political opponent does not just change when you become the President
AND HE JUST PRAISED COMEY LAST FUCKING WEEK

daveo42

Banned
He's wearing the hat of responsibility meaning he wants to get rid of anyone being too harsh on him. It's fine when there are no stakes for him that Comey was too harsh on someone else.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So the nail in the coffin for Comey is supposedly the misinformation he gave in testimony last week regarding Clinton's emails. So where does that leave us with all the misinformation that the president has supplied via his Twitter account, or just about any other time he opens his mouth? Whatever happened to the "we're no better" defense he affords just about anything Russian?

You realize these public press briefings are mostly just for show right? They do an off camera one earlier in the morning and organize what the days coverage will be.

The American public knows better than to watch this garbage. Especially since they probably have jobs during the daytime. And if they don't they're smart enough to watch something else.

I have no idea what you are talking about. WH press briefings have consistently generated news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom