• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, can't imagine why the media would be going after him.

I miss Obama. Dude was the epitome of grace.

He was an actual self-reflecting human being with empathy that had to make hard decisions, notably the whole drone strike fiasco. A lot of people didn't agree with those decisions, but at least there is an identifiable logic to them (i.e., keep American troops out of harms way and target specific enemies without a ground war invasion).

AP is refuting this. Or at least confirming that Comey did brief Senate he made the requests.

Surely someone means the Russian investigation right?

Nope, in addition from recusing himself from all things Russia, Sessions recused himself from all things Clinton Email as part of his confirmation process.

So he actually violated two recusals.

HotHamBoy

I would personally celebrate Trump's impeachment if it ever happened, but I think the reason he hasn't been isn't because 80% of Republicans still approve of him.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that there's no concrete evidence the man is guilty of "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors." Not yet anyway

Republicans don't "approve" of Trump in private, only in public. They just put party before country. This has nothing to do with evidence, if Trump was a Dem he would already be gone.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Best case dems take back the cong and senate in 2018 and president in 2020, worst case Trump ends fair elections by 2018 and we have an authoritarian regime. When the worst case is that bad you really need to focus on planning for it and ignore that it might turn out alright in 2018 and 2020, because if it doesn't... the USA is headed towards civil war.

Oh give me a break.

"Better plan for civil war! Might be coming soon!"

Republicans don't "approve" of Trump in private, only in public. They just put party before country. This has nothing to do with evidence, if Trump was a Dem he would already be gone.

The invested base actually wants to replace the current US with a white evangelical theocracy, I shit you not.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Br1JK6f.png

jelly

I feel like Trump is frustrated that he can't just cream off the top when President. He wants to use all his power to get mega rich but his hands are mostly tied with a huge spotlight on him and his family. He can get away with stuff like Mar a Lago but that's small fry to what he really wants.

Fercho

Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes seems something taken out from "The Naked Gun" or something like that. This is just historic, this administration will (sadly) never be forgotten.

Linkura

Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes seems something taken out from "The Naked Gun" or something like that. This is just historic, this administration will (sadly) never be forgotten.

No one should forget. We need this reminder of how bad shit can get to live for eternity.

digdug2k

I feel like Trump is frustrated that he can't just cream off the top when President. He wants to use all his power to get mega rich but his hands are mostly tied with a huge spotlight on him and his family. He can get away with stuff like Mar a Lago but that's small fry to what he really wants.
I get the feeling he loves it like this. He likes attention. Doesn't really care how he gets it. Gets angry when he sees it going to anyone else.

That Newsweek article title is the best title I've ever seen in 20 years of reading Newsweek.

What is happening to the leadership in our nation. What has happened.

I cant wait for the picture book with pop-ups. Gonna be amazing if someone comes up with it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
C_bbwy_WAAA_GR-.jpg

20 years from now when Fincher releases his dramatization of the Trump affair people are going to be laughing at this scene calling it over-the-top sacrificing reality for style.

"Oh yeah, Spicer starts doing his press briefings behind the bushes in the dark..."

How would it work if the FBI killed the investigation after the new director is installed and Comey was granted full immunity by the Senate Committee to divulge classified information?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I get the feeling he loves it like this. He likes attention. Doesn't really care how he gets it. Gets angry when he sees it going to anyone else.
He clearly prefers adoration to mere attention, as multiple reports have confirmed many times before, at least 1 or 2 of them in this thread alone.

How would it work if the FBI killed the investigation after the new director is installed and Comey was granted full immunity by the Senate Committee to divulge classified information?

I know Trump is a moron, but he won't kill the investigation completely. He'll just fail to adequately fund or staff the investigation.

And Comey won't need immunity to divulge classified information to the Senate Intelligence Committee. They may need to hold the hearing behind closed doors, but they should have equal access to the results from the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom