• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_opqgkmxLLR1qzl4rv_540.png

you mean the Christ Christie who is under investigation?

That's the one you can stomach?

I said "somewhat stomach" but yeah, because either way the results will end up being the same no matter who gets chosen, beit a person who's currently under investigation or not. They're just there to serve Trump.

Eusis

It's only poor etiquette if they are competent and qualified and only being removed for purely partisan reasons. If they're some of the most unqualified people ever to hold the post and actively being investigated for collusion with a foreign power to undermine the integrity of the United States, I think etiquette dictates you remove them.
True. Nevermind that a lot of veteran positions from even earlier administrations got removed for no good reason, so we might have some real "swamp draining" to do next time.

marrec

Banned
If it's 50, it's not really an extra road block worth discussing is why I had made the assumption.

Hmmm ... why are we acting like the senate will be an actual check here?

Mostly because it requires hearings and financial disclosures, both of which would obviate the need to even nominate Chris Christie as he would fail spectacularly at both.

I know this is unreasonable but it's getting to the point where every republican congressperson who opposes an independent investigation in whatever practical form is required should be tried for light treason if/when there is proof of collusion between Trump team and Russia.

Every person who opposes this is choosing party affiliation and ignorance over actual patriotism as knowledge.

PieterJan

Neo Member
Uhm, side question from an under informed Belgian ...

I always thought FBI was for internal affairs and CIA for external affairs, so since there are supposedly Russians involved: is there any chance of something compromising coming from the CIA? Or is that wishful thinking?

Maxim726X

If it's 50, it's not really an extra road block worth discussing is why I had made the assumption.

Hmmm ... why are we acting like the senate will be an actual check here?

It's not. It's why we're all concerned... Unless the spineless brothers actually vote instead of run their mouths.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Uhm, side question from an under informed Belgian ...

I always thought FBI was for internal affairs and CIA for external affairs, so since there are supposedly Russians involved: is there any chance of something compromising coming from the CIA? Or is that wishful thinking?

Since it concerns a foreign power acting on domestic soil, it sort of concerns both. Since the FBI is more equipped to handle investigations like this (especially those that require subpoenas and grand juries necessary to bring a case to trial) they seem to be doing most of the work. The CIA seems to be gathering evidence and keeping their ear to the ground but likely we won't hear much from them (see: Clapper)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom