• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

Oh my God. Just reported on CNN that Chris Fucking Christie is one of the final choices for FBI Director.

He'll be too busy running to get McDonald's to do any investigation.

If Chris Christie is in charge of the FBI and they find evidence where he has to indict Trump, my feelings will be so conflicted.

Smokey

I have to wonder if a succeeding democrat president would just clean house on appointments. It's poor etiquette and we hated it from Trump, but it does feel like it might be a necessary step to clean his shit out of government.

Etiquette has long gone out the window, or it should have if the Democrats have a spine. The game has changed with Trump and even more after the Senate nuclear debacle.

No fucking way

I could not think of a worse choice

If Trump wants so badly to be relieved of his position as president why doesnt he just resign already

We already know he hates and regrets taking office

Out of all his stooges, I can somewhat manage to stomach Christie. Sheriff Clarke or Rudy on the other hand.

Tovarisc

I have to wonder if a succeeding democrat president would just clean house on appointments. It's poor etiquette and we hated it from Trump, but it does feel like it might be a necessary step to clean his shit out of government.

Next President who has loyalty to country before party and/or own benefit has to clean house and wipe out what ever Trump has left behind.

benjipwns

Banned
hahaha

well, Toobin was speculating Christie, Giuliani, Sheriff Clarke... so don't be surprised to hear those other names come up as well

Out of all his stooges, I can somewhat manage to stomach Christie. Sheriff Clarke or Rudy on the other hand.
They said earlier that Rudy was NOT a candidate, but Trump had asked his advice as he is a former Justice Department official and friend.

Rudy wouldn't want that job anyway. I doubt Christie does either, that's why they got into politics.

Christie would be hard to get through the Senate.

And I don't mean literally.

Maybe.

It's only poor etiquette if they are competent and qualified and only being removed for purely partisan reasons. If they're some of the most unqualified people ever to hold the post and actively being investigated for collusion with a foreign power to undermine the integrity of the United States, I think etiquette dictates you remove them.

Chris Christie could get through the senate before Rudy Guiliani and Clarke. Christie has historically been able to make allies on both sides of the aisle, but Guilliani has gone so far off the rails for the last 15 years and Clarke would get no Democratic approval.

C_fH7feXUAUj76B.jpg

Nixon Presidential Library doing work.

Dehnus

hahaha

well, Toobin was speculating Christie, Giuliani, Sheriff Clarke... so don't be surprised to hear those other names come up as well

If it's Clarke it'll be soooo funny :p.

That man is a total idiot and a criminal :p. The world will not be able to stop laughing. It'll be sad for my US friends though. But really it would show everybody that it isn't WHAT you know but WHOM you know :p. As that man is incapable of being a policeman, let alone run the FBI :p.

benjipwns

Banned
Wouldn't the pick have to be voted on by the Senate?
Yes, the FBI Director is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

I forget an interim, I believe just the AG can do that but it's far more limited. Marrec posted a link to CRS' paper.

Out of thrown around, Christie is by far the best.
Christie was so bad as a U.S. Attorney he nearly got whacked with the rest of the U.S. Attorneys during the Bush Administration despite being a Republican.

Ithil

If Lindsey Graham keeps poking at his finances he's likely to be the first one now that Comey is gone.

"Senator Graham was killed in a very accidental accident when he very sadly accidentally cut his own head off while combing his hair".

Chococat

Looks like Spicer might be next on the chopping block.

Not that I am a Spicey fan, but I thought it was announced yesterday before Comey firing that he was off for the week doing other stuff, and Sanders was his fill in.

Make it more funny in my eyes:

Spicey at the White House: Day is over. I got a whole week away from those ninnies in the press core.

Breaking News: James Comey is fired.

Spicey: Son of a... quick, find me a safe path to my car.

Handlers: Too late....

Reporters: Spicey? Where is Spicey? We need to know about Comey!

Spicey: The bushes, may I can sneak out between...

Reporter with iPhone flash light: FOUND HIM! What about Comey!

Spicey: Grumble grumble

Reporters: Hey can we turn on some light?

Spicey: Absolutely not.

ivajz

Not that I am a Spicey fan, but I thought it was announced yesterday before Comey firing that he was off for the week doing other stuff, and Sanders was his fuill in.

CNN just mentioned that Trump was happy with Sarah's performance. So, she might be replacing him.

I wouldn't mind it if, just once, the name Chris Christie was mentioned without a torrent of hackey fat jokes following it. He's got other shit to make fun of.

benjipwns

Banned
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41850.pdf
Federal statute provides that the Director of the FBI is to be appointed by the President by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.1 When there is a vacancy or an anticipated vacancy, the President begins the appointment process by selecting and vetting his preferred candidate for the position. The vetting process for presidential appointments includes an FBI background check and financial disclosure. The President then submits the nomination to the Senate, where it is referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. The Committee on the Judiciary usually holds hearings on a nomination for the FBI Director. The committee may then vote to report the nomination back to the Senate favorably, unfavorably, or without recommendation. Once reported, the nomination is available for Senate consideration. If the Senate confirms the nomination, the individual is formally appointed to the position by the President.
good luck

Dehnus

"Senator Graham was killed in a very accidental accident when he very sadly accidentally cut his own head off while combing his hair".

Meh, he'll just be caught "drunk driving" and then die of thirst in a cell, if Sheriff Clarke becomes the head of the FBI. It is how that jerk rolls.

That and abuse, torture, being a total arsehole, and completely incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom