• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, WH lying as usual.

Probably spoke to this guy:

fSCjl5I.png

Nafai1123

Banned
These are softballs for a reason. The WH press will be banned from shit if they come out savagely attacking.

Media has to have pundits drop the bombs, the media talking heads will bounce the ideas around the press core waits and just does softball shit until something 100% true and juicy that fact checks comes in.

The admin did not look good in the media when they prevented outlets from the WH press briefing. I understand that these sites are trying to protect their access, but it's just a race to the bottom if they can't ask difficult questions.

She'll just reply "No, next question..."

It's not like there's good faith involved with these people.

I don't care what her response is, I care that these media outlets do their fucking jobs.

Bluenoser

Don't think we'll ever see Spicer back. Huckabee is much more assertive in her answers, and doesn't leave room or time for them to poke holes in them. Also, she doesn't make as many mistakes, leading to follow up questions as Spicer did. She still spews a heavy stream of bullshit like Spicer, but does it with more elegance. Trump will notice this and give Sean the boot.

Don't think we'll ever see Spicer back. Huckabee is much more assertive in her answers, and doesn't leave room or time for them to poke holes in them. Also, she doesn't make as many mistakes, leading to follow up questions as Spicer did. She still spews a heavy stream of bullshit like Spicer, but does it with more elegance. Trump will notice this and give Sean the boot.

She doesn't get the ratings that Sean does though!

She's a woman, though. Trump's not going to like that one bit.

This isn't the first she's filled in for him, but yes it's noticeable she does a better job than spicey because she actually believes all the bullshit that spews from her mouth.

Tovarisc

Inside the F.B.I., Stunned Agents Wonder About Future of Russia Inquiry

Morale at the country’s premier law enforcement agency plummeted months ago, after James B. Comey, its director, revived the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server in October and plunged the bureau back into the political maelstrom just before the election.

Then President Trump fired Mr. Comey on Tuesday, saying he had mishandled the Clinton investigation, and the mood darkened again.

Agents were stunned that Mr. Trump would fire Mr. Comey in the midst of an F.B.I. investigation into whether any of the president’s associates had conspired with Russia to swing the election in favor of Mr. Trump. Some said in interviews that news of the firing felt like a gut punch. Others wondered whether they would be able to continue the inquiry.

One senior F.B.I. official said that the president had severely damaged his standing among agents, many of whom are conservative and supported Mr. Trump as a candidate. Agents were angered by the way Mr. Trump fired Mr. Comey, who learned of his dismissal from television reports while he was in Los Angeles. They called it disrespectful.

Agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly offer their assessments of F.B.I. morale, said they respected Mr. Comey as their director. They said they believed he had the bureau’s best interests in mind and had tried his best to guide them through a difficult past year, even if he had misstepped in the Clinton investigation.

For the moment, the bureau is being run by Andrew G. McCabe, a veteran F.B.I. agent and previously the deputy director who was at Mr. Comey’s side as he navigated the politically perilous currents of the Clinton and Russian investigations that ultimately brought him down.

Whatever happens, another senior F.B.I. official said stoically, the bureau will continue to investigate crimes. The day Mr. Comey was fired was no different than the day before, the official insisted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Oersted

The first question towards Comey better be if he is still not regretting going public with Clinton emails while staying shush about the Trump/Russia colusion

Anyone else catch the bit where SHS said back during the campaign he was "wearing a different hat." His hat then said MAGA. Apparently he doesnt believe in that anymore per his deputy communicator as his "hat" is "different."

The picture with Trump grinning as he shakes Kislyak's hand while also refusing to shake Merkel's hand is really anyone needs to know.

Oh my God. Just reported on CNN that Chris Fucking Christie is one of the final choices for FBI Director.

No fucking way

I could not think of a worse choice

If Trump wants so badly to be relieved of his position as president why doesnt he just resign already

We already know he hates and regrets taking office

Eusis

I have to wonder if a succeeding democrat president would just clean house on appointments. It's poor etiquette and we hated it from Trump, but it does feel like it might be a necessary step to clean his shit out of government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom