• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What was GAF's opinion on Adm. Rogers. Don't know much, besides this meeting and that 1st big meeting seated next to Comey. Not knowing much, for some reason I trust him, but I'd hate to be mistaken if he was another snake.

Comey came in and he caught me redhanded
Creepin' with the Tsar next door
Picture this, we were both butt naked
Getting pissed on by a Russian whore

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Mahonay

Banned
o.0

booting on my phone, I gotta see.

What are the implications of this?
Here's what happened just before
Rosenstein seeks meeting with Senate Intelligence leaders

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has requested to meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, including committee chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and vice-chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.), sources told POLITICO.

Rosenstein was seen walking into the Senate Intelligence Committee space as the panel was holding a hearing on worldwide threats.

The request came after President Donald Trump unceremoniously fired FBI Director James Comey, citing a three-page letter from Rosenstein questioning the director’s fitness to serve. It also came amid reports that Rosenstein, a well-regarded federal prosecutor, was furious over the White House’s characterization of his apparent recommendation and even threatened to quit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...eting-with-senate-intelligence-leaders-238268

o.0

booting on my phone, I gotta see.

What are the implications of this?

The guy who Trump and the AG have pinned on firing Comey just crashed a public hearing and key members of the public hearing are now leaving to go into a closed doors hearing with person who is reported to be very not happy with being the fall guy for Comey getting the pink slip.

I think the timing of this meeting with Rosenstein is telling. He wanted to be noticed, he wanted it to be news. They were trying to make him the fall guy, and he's having none of that shit.

Mahonay

Banned
Thanks for the replies. Its just the way he opposed the need for additional resources. I got in late and he was speaking to Tom Cotten.
That's the Republicans trying to infer that "Comey being fired doesn't effect the Russian investigation, so it's totally fine". Ignore that part.

McCabe was just sticking up for the FBI saying that they'll still do their job just as well even though Comey just got fired.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
In my fantasies Rosenstein acts like he's gonna be a nice fall guy for Trump, lets them deny that there is any tension, then resigns.

Tovarisc

In my fantasies Rosenstein acts like he's gonna be a nice fall guy for Trump, lets them deny that there is any tension, then resigns.

Word going around is that Rosenstein is on edge of resigning because he was made fall guy for Comey's firing. DOJ naturally denies this.

jstripes

Banned
I think the timing of this meeting with Rosenstein is telling. He wanted to be noticed, he wanted it to be news. They were trying to make him the fall guy, and he's having none of that shit.

Historic things could be happening right now.

Anyone with half a brain can smell how fishy the timing was, and I think people with authority are starting to get tired of all the shenanigans and want to get to the bottom of things.

Apharmd

Yeah you're right. This is dramatic AF, it's like a nerd who wants to stand up to a bully and let the school know he ain't a bitchass

rec0ded1

Waiting for these guys to come out of the meeting...man this shit is INTENSE

If I went back in time and told my highschool self I'd be so into political going ons in the future to the point I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for people to exit a meeting, his head would explode.

Preezy

I keep expecting it to be like the ending of Shawshank where they're going around arresting everyone.

"Come on Donald, make it easy on yourself"

If that is true he should flat out resign. He lied under oath. He said he would recuse himself of this.

If Rosenstein is legit and was duped somehow then he should stay on as he has the power to appoint special prosecutor and let the investigation continue until the truth comes out.

mjc

Flores has openly contradicted herself a few times in the last 48 hours. I trust her as far as she can be thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom