• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time they had a panel hearing she was one of the only Republicans to talk about the actual Russian interference and not just "LEAKS!!".

But her questions today were moronic.

All day yesterday and into today Republican messaging has been all over the place. People like McCain have kinda sorta maybe showed some spine for a second and it is starting to create cracks in a system that everyone one was on the same page before Tuesday.

I do not believe this guy at all.

Is there any reason I should trust this Acting FBI Director will continue with a thorough investigation? Can someone point me in some direction, please?

pigeon

Banned
All AV is essentially malware with a desired purpose. Most of it is benign. It really comes down to do you trust the developer?

Yeah.

You know how one of the things they warn you about in IT is a "rootkit" because it lets programs control your system at a deep level?

Antivirus software is a rootkit. It needs to be to stop other rootkits!

So you just want to be sure you know who's rooting you.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
All day yesterday and into today Republican messaging has been all over the place. People like McCain have kinda sorta maybe showed some spine for a second and it is starting to create cracks in a system that everyone one was on the same page before Tuesday.

McCain been stepping up the past two days. He will say No today again in another vote.

Mahonay

Banned
Well the reports are that not many were expecting Trump to just fire Comey in the way he did. Only a select few in his inner circle were aware what was happening. Repubs were caught off guard, that's why you see mixed messages.

Yeah.

You know how one of the things they warn you about in IT is a "rootkit" because it lets programs control your system at a deep level?

who rootkits the rootkits?

Is there any reason I should trust this Acting FBI Director will continue with a thorough investigation? Can someone point me in some direction, please?

Well he just made a few statements directly shitting on statements from the WH in the past 48 hours.

That's a good start.

Well the reports are that not many were expecting Trump to just fire Comey in the way he did. Only a select few in his inner circle were aware what was happening. Repubs were caught off guard, that's why you see mixed messages.

Every time trump has done something stupid and idiotic everyone has circled the wagons. This is really the first time Republican Senators have actually shown they are not playing the game anymore.

Mahonay

Banned

He worked directly under Comey, and he STRONGLY defended Comey in this very panel. He directly contradicted what the Whitehouse said about the Comey firing, exposing that they lied about the reason for firing.

jstripes

Banned
Rosenstein seeks meeting with Senate Intelligence leaders

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has requested to meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, including committee chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and vice-chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.), sources told POLITICO.

Rosenstein was seen walking into the Senate Intelligence Committee space as the panel was holding a hearing on worldwide threats.

The request came after President Donald Trump unceremoniously fired FBI Director James Comey, citing a three-page letter from Rosenstein questioning the director’s fitness to serve. It also came amid reports that Rosenstein, a well-regarded federal prosecutor, was furious over the White House’s characterization of his apparent recommendation and even threatened to quit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...eting-with-senate-intelligence-leaders-238268

Comey:

dUxDV4c.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.

Yep, I used to work in network security doing live memory scanning / forensics. all the AV products we scanned flagged for the same behaiviors that root kits and malware employ. Process injection, memory mods etc. Our software that we used to do this scanning was also *gasp* basically a root kit.

Edit:
lol our favorite recurring in joke was: I rooted your mom's box and didn't even use a Trojan.

He's strongly contradicted the White House and seems very principled and passionate.

The difference between him and Pompeo, the CIA Director, is pretty stark. Pompeo oozes sleaze.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Lester Holt interview just finished so now Trump is most likely watching. Funny how Rosenstein came in when the interview was starting.

Well he just made a few statements directly shitting on statements from the WH in the past 48 hours.

That's a good start.

He's got a microscope up his ass and agents that will leak if he impedes.

Because he was second in command when Comey was fired?

This isn't a Trump plant.

He worked directly under Comey, and he STRONGLY defended Comey in this very panel. He directly contradicted what the Whitehouse said about the Comey firing, exposing that they lied about the reason for firing.

He's strongly contradicted the White House and seems very principled and passionate.

The difference between him and Pompeo, the CIA Director, is pretty stark. Pompeo oozes sleaze.
Thanks for the replies. Its just the way he opposed the need for additional resources. I got in late and he was speaking to Tom Cotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom