• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Rosenstein can blow up the Comey firing to something impeachable. If he testifies that Sessions and Trump were looking for an excuse to fire Comey to disrupt the investigation, then the Russian probe outcome shouldn't even be needed to bring the traitors down.

Rosenstein seeks meeting with Senate Intelligence leaders

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has requested to meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, including committee chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and vice-chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.), sources told POLITICO.

Rosenstein was seen walking into the Senate Intelligence Committee space as the panel was holding a hearing on worldwide threats.

The request came after President Donald Trump unceremoniously fired FBI Director James Comey, citing a three-page letter from Rosenstein questioning the director’s fitness to serve. It also came amid reports that Rosenstein, a well-regarded federal prosecutor, was furious over the White House’s characterization of his apparent recommendation and even threatened to quit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...eting-with-senate-intelligence-leaders-238268

giphy.gif

Sulik2

Uhm, trying to not get excited, but could we actually be seeing arrests today? Nothing would make me happier then seeing the orange turd walked out in handcuffs from the whitehouse.

I've been using Kaspersky for years. Am I compromised?

Kasperky was a great product, but its really hard to trust a Russian based AV after their CEO was black bagged. I would move away from it.

RDreamer

I'm going to presume Rosenstein is compromised until I see receipts of anything else.

He can't be that compromised. His letter didn't recommend firing Comey and was basically written from the other direction that most of us agree with. Comey kinda fucked up with the Hillary press conference shit.

Yes he could have refused to write it altogether, but that probably wouldn't have saved Comey and would have put things in jeopardy with regard to a special prosecutor. He has A LOT of leverage now.

McCabe isn't going to be the acting director for long.

That much is clear.

That would be a second firing of a lead investigator in however many days/weeks. The ammount of political damage he took Tuesday happening again with NO uniqueness to cover it would open the floodgates even more. It's a win/win for IC people to just say what the fuck ever they want.

Why are the "moderates" like Collins and Graham providing cover for Trump?

The million dollar question. They should choose their words much more carefully for vagueness and support for the FBI/etc but ain't.

Mahonay

Banned
Rosenstein seeks meeting with Senate Intelligence leaders

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has requested to meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, including committee chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and vice-chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.), sources told POLITICO.

Rosenstein was seen walking into the Senate Intelligence Committee space as the panel was holding a hearing on worldwide threats.

The request came after President Donald Trump unceremoniously fired FBI Director James Comey, citing a three-page letter from Rosenstein questioning the director’s fitness to serve. It also came amid reports that Rosenstein, a well-regarded federal prosecutor, was furious over the White House’s characterization of his apparent recommendation and even threatened to quit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...eting-with-senate-intelligence-leaders-238268
I'm happy Tump is this dumb.

Ithil

Wow, Burr and Warner leaving to go to another meeting they can't miss. Things heating up.

I'm pretty sure Burr said there was a vote going on the Senate floor and that the committee members would have to rotate out to go vote on it during the hearing.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Considering Trumps tactics, I wonder if Rosenstein was strong armed into being rolled into the decision to fire Comey.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I'm pretty sure Burr said there was a vote going on the Senate floor and that the members would have to rotate out to go vote on it.

The two leaders aren't leaving at the same time for a vote.

Trump is also interviewing with Lester Holt right now.

Boke1879

Trump went to war with the FBI and by extension the IC when he fired Comey in the manner that he did.

He had no plan and everything was in disarray. The gloves are off

Kaelan

Burr to McCabe: Did you ever hear Dir. Comey tell the president he was not the subject of an investigation?
McCabe says he can't comment.

Fucking lol.

Sen. Warner: Did Russia hack the election?

Panel at Senate Intel hearing: Yes

Shocking news!!

Mahonay

Banned
Collins IS a moderate, I would know, I lived in Maine for 10 years. She was being extremely stupid though
Last time they had a panel hearing she was one of the only Republicans to talk about the actual Russian interference and not just "LEAKS!!".

But her questions today were moronic.

digdug2k

Only Rosenstein can blow up the Comey firing to something impeachable. If he testifies that Sessions and Trump were looking for an excuse to fire Comey to disrupt the investigation, then the Russian probe outcome shouldn't even be needed to bring the traitors down.
I wonder if the GOP will jump at this. It gives them an excuse to oust Trump without tarnishing Penceat the same time.... but I think they'd rather a President Ryan than Pence anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom