• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandson

I wonder if anyone in Trump's administration has considered for even 1 second how much of a negative impact all of the necessary investigations into Trump and his associates has on US productivity. If they actually cared about the US economy at large, instead of just their own self-interests, they could quickly put an end to all of this by telling the truth about everything. They probably are involved in some shady stuff, but it's also probably not as bad as what people imagine it to be. The intrigue is too immense and distracting for the average person to efficiently get work done. The prolonged effects of many multi-year investigations will be bad for everyone.

Effect

xM8R2eK.png

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/862712366106107904

That's pretty much admitting it was because of the Russia investigation.

I'm waiting on the original quote before I get too excited about that Tweet.

but guys, you can't bring up what Trump said when he was wearing his Wednesday hat when he's got his Thursday hat on. Jeez.

Emarv

Watching this Holt interview clip airing on MSNBC, Trump just seems like he's straight up lying. Just making up the story as he talks.

Mahonay

Banned
Even though the meeting was a bust, this shows how aggressive the media is going to be about this going forward. This is not dying down any time soon. It's getting bigger.

LOL!

Trump saw this all happened, looked at the situation, and even at a detriment to his own self preservation, went with the stance: "NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO"

Did trump just give them the smoking gun to be able to impeach him for obstruction of Justice.

No cause he will just have Spicey or someone else explain it all away.

He was going to fire him anyways because he independently came to the same conclusion as the letter, the letter just confirmed his view.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I like how he says he was gonna fire him regardless.

And you know he's just saying that because he thinks it was a smart move and because he's smart himself, he was totally gonna do it anyway. Lol, this moron's mouth will be the end of him, eventually

KHarvey16

This seems like something Comey can refute publicly without divulging classified info. "I never told him he wasn't under investigation" isn't itself an indication he is or isn't under investigation. Will be interesting to see if he or McCabe responds.

It's also falsely (we presume) admitting that he and Trump broke the rules about communication between the FBI and Whitehouse concerning ongoing investigations.

Anytime the President of the United States addresses the public directly, he should be automatically underoath. It is absurd that he can lie so blatantly with no legal repercussions at all.

Tovarisc

Haha I feel so bad for the people who have to spin this shit.

Then again, it's fun seeing these spineless freaks squirming like worms.

Trump really is his own worst enemy.

Spin of the Day should start soon we shall see where they go with all contradictions etc. that have surfaced today. These details from NBC interview breaking just in time to make into press room.

Warner's reaction to showboat Comey? and whatever else, Trump said?

He got really pissed, visibly. Groaned and scoffed audibly. Burr made comments first and then Warner basically said "The president would be better served to not insult and demean the value of our Intelligence Community"

RDreamer

Guys, that probably actually isn't just Trump putting his foot in his mouth. It's probably the result of the fact that Rogenstein threatened to leave after they threw it in his lap after the first day. That's why the narrative changed so suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom