• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
I like how he says he was gonna fire him regardless.

And you know he's just saying that because he thinks it was a smart move and because he's smart himself, he was totally gonna do it anyway. Lol, this moron's mouth will be the end of him, eventually
Sounds exactly how he would handle unjustified firings in his businesses. Doesn't work in the Whitehouse you grotesque tangerine.

Steejee

Have you ever seen Trump and Andy Kaufman in the same place?

...shit.

This whole thing is going to end with Kauftrump livestreaming himself taking his mask off as he orders a full nuclear strike, isn't it?

On a related note, the presser today should be fun with Sanders giving it. She's only got one under her belt, and already half the stuff she said yesterday has been shown to be false, in part due to Trump's own statements. Spicer is probably somewhere in Costa Rica by now sipping a cocktail on the beach laughing at the world.

Emarv

NBC analyst says it's not illegal for Trump to ask, but it's not policy for Comey to answer.

Mark MurrayVerified account @mmurraypolitics
Per @PeteWilliamsNBC, Trump asking Comey if he's under investigation "might be politically dumb, but doesn't violate judicial cannon"

Matthew Miller‏Verified account
@matthewamiller
Matthew Miller Retweeted Mark Murray
It violates DOJ policy on WH contacts for Comey to answer it though.Matthew Miller added,

I like how he says he was gonna fire him regardless.

And you know he's just saying that because he thinks it was a smart move and because he's smart himself, he was totally gonna do it anyway. Lol, this moron's mouth will be the end of him, eventually

A part of me feels like the travel ban could have possibly held up in the courts if they had just said "Classified information-issue of national security" and just stopped there.

Thankfully he is a complete idiot and the company he keeps (with a few exceptions) are idiots too

NBC analyst says it's not illegal for Trump to ask, but it's not policy for Comey to answer.

Per @PeteWilliamsNBC, Trump asking Comey if he's under investigation "might be politically dumb, but doesn't violate judicial cannon"

@matthewamiller
It violates DOJ policy on WH contacts for Comey to answer it though.Matthew Miller added,

No way Trump lied, that's impossible!

Trump probably misinterpreted whatever Comey told him, he's kind of dense, and Comey can't exactly come out and comment on this because that would be classified material.
I mean, this is the same guy who had to ask 11 times about making a deal with Germany before he finally got it

I guess he didn't ask Comey enough times

btags

Uh.....

This either utterly fucks Comey, or utterly fucks Trump, depending on who's telling the truth.

Seeing as Trump said you normally get a bunch of documents when you are being investigated, which was just refuted in the senate intel meeting today, I am going to go with Trump is lying.

Paz

If you ask a cop if you're under investigation they have to tell you, that's the law.

Trump: *whispers* "You can't arrest the president and his campaign managers for the same crime"

Interviewer "Yeah, I don't think that's true"

Trump: "I have the worst f***ing attorney"

Nafai1123

Banned
Trump probably misinterpreted whatever Comey told him, he's kind of dense, and Comey can't exactly come out and comment on this because that would be classified material.

Trump: "Am I specifically under investigation."

Comey: "Well, there's an active investigation into the campaign, as I said in the intelligence committee heari....."

Trump: "So you're saying I'm specifically not under investigation?"

Comey: "I didn't say...."

Trump: "Cool, thanks homie...I mean Comey!...haha I'm so clever."

Loxley

It's so great to see McCabe basically contradict Trump at every turn. Calling bullshit on Trump's claim that Comey wasn't respected among the rank and file FBI agents and that they'd lost faith in his leadership abilities. It was also great to hear him say that the Russia investigation will continue on as normal.

Get fucked you orange turd.

He got really pissed, visibly. Groaned and scoffed audibly. Burr made comments first and then Warner basically said "The president would be better served to not insult and demean the value of our Intelligence Community"

I saw it. Thanks for writing it up. His headbob was almost as good as Mikayla's from Survivor.

@matthewamiller

Yep, if Comey actually answered that question, especially when there are investigations open related to Trump's associates, it would be a huge violation of policy. I imagine Comey will contradict this.

Also, if it were true, even more reason to have an independent investigation.

Trump - I now that you can't tell me if I am under investigation but just make some kind of sound if I am not.

Comey - I can't do that.

Trump - Ah! I am not under investigation. I knew it!

Comey - That´s not what I meant.

Trump - Oh, you confirmed it again.

Comey - No, I am not confirming anything.

Trump - Great, that's three assurances! I am definitely off the hook.

Comey - ...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

@matthewamiller

Shocked!

@matthewamiller

This makes me think Trump is so stupid he doesn't understand the difference of, "I am unable to comment on that" or the other confirm nor deny terms that have been used in these hearings and he just draws his own conclusions. I can see it going down like this.

DT: Hey Comey, am I under investigation?
C: I cannot comment on ongoing investigations
DT: But aren't investigating me right?
C: I cannot say..
DT: OK so no investigation. Thanks, bye.

Edit: Lol, beaten.

Tovarisc

upvovH2.png

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/862714250661437441

HylianTom

Banned
Watching this Holt interview clip airing on MSNBC, Trump just seems like he's straight up lying. Just making up the story as he talks.
At times, he reminds me of this guy..

140207_2722962_Weekend_Update___Tommy_Flanagan_anvver_2.jpg

(but really.. I'm glad he's so willing to talk like this. It's really helping his case.😂)

This makes me think Trump is so stupid he doesn't understand the difference of, "I am unable to comment on that" or the other confirm nor deny terms that have been used in these hearings and he just draws his own conclusions. I can see it going down like this.

DT: Hey Comey, am I under investigation?
C: I cannot comment on ongoing investigations
DT: But aren't investigating me right?
C: I cannot say..
DT: OK so no investigation. Thanks, bye.
Trump: "Am I specifically under investigation."

Comey: "Well, there's an active investigation into the campaign, as I said in the intelligence committee heari....."

Trump: "So you're saying I'm specifically not under investigation?"

Comey: "I didn't say...."

Trump: "Cool, thanks homie...I mean Comey!...haha I'm so clever."
"Me. Personally."

That's probably exactly what happened

jstripes

Banned
McCabe had already said that they would not tell anyone they were under investigation. This is a huge boldfaced lie

Which would probably also cover telling people they're not under investigation, which is typically something someone would ask only if they had something to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom