• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
KAC interview was the picture perfect example of right wing "debates".

Turn on Faux and Friends right now and watch Gingrich give the more rehearsed (but identical content-wise) response - smile, lean back smugly, dismiss and assure people that this is the democrats fault. Then laugh and make ridiculous statements that next the dems "will blame the Martians", which is scary as hell since Russia used the little green men analogy WHILE they were actually invading the Ukraine but lying about it.

The banner at the bottom read something like "MSM spin the Comey announcement", as though FN isn't mainstream.... To which 'ol Newt then rebranded as the "elite media", I noticed.

It's getting blatant.

Newt will get his very own Tumbrel. We may need draft-horses to pull it though.

Emwitus

And do tell how. Some of you people are so paranoid it's crazy. This is nowhere near as bad as Bush signing the Patriot act giving the US Government unlimited ability to spy on us. The US Government is designed to prevent a dictatorship.

LOLOL It's worse. That was about security of the nation. This? Self preservation and treason.

WedgeX

Banned
There will be protests at the White House today at noon. Women's March, Center for American Progress, People for the American Way, #Resist:Washington, etc.

ericexpo

It's amazing to me how loyal all the republicans are to trump. One person in his circle slips up and he throws him under the bus. It's a big risk to take just to tow the line when there's a chance the house of cards could come down any moment.

cameron

y6pf7GB.png

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/862287536693137409
*Chuckles Sovietly*

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
lol uhhh i cannot even grasp the logic behind that one

Stop trying to grasp logic in this administration. They simply say whatever they think they can get away with, whether it makes sense or not. Trying to understand how they're spinning it will get you nowhere. It's simply calculated lies, that's it.

I thought comey was the guy who gave trump the election by making the hillary investigation announcements, and generally fucked up every announcement he made during the election.

Im surprised he wasnt fired earlier for all the things people were saying he did wrong or were not right for the fbi to announce.

I actually think i remember a lot of big name democrats calling for him to be fired?

benjipwns

Banned
LOLOL It's worse. That was about security of the nation. This? Self preservation and treason.
The farce stage after all it seems. Unconstitutional power grab that accelerated the military-administrative-police state shredding civil liberties left and right, all cool. They meant well!

President firing someone highly unpopular who serves at the President's discretion. Treason and totalitarian. The camps open tomorrow. Maybe Comey will share a cell with Hillary that'd be funny!

The New-New-New-New-Left I guess.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I thought comey was the guy who gave trump the election by making the hillary investigation announcements, and generally fucked up every announcement he made during the election.

Im surprised he wasnt fired earlier for all the things people were saying he did wrong or were not right for the fbi to announce.

I actually think i remember a lot of big name democrats calling for him to be fired?

Once again the time to have fired him was when Trump took office, instead Trump thanked him for his service and let him keep his job. Firing him at this point in time amidst an ongoing investigation into the POTUS with respect to Russian interference in an election he partook is clearly an act intended to obstruct the investigation.

Barzul

There is no question he deserved to be fired. The issue was the only person with any semblance of independence from partisanship investigating Trump. He should've been untouchable.

Bluenoser

Of course Graham misspoke. Nothing to see there.

However, something occurred to me. Reports are that Trump has been mulling over this decision for about a week. Trump spoke with Putin on the phone May 3. His first conversation with Putin was not recorded. Assuming this one wasn't either, I think we can assume that there was unreported dialogue that went beyond the Syria crisis.

This fucking guy.

That is exactly what the Trump Admin hoped would help obscure the optics of firing the guy leading the Russia investigation.

benjipwns

Banned
There is no question he deserved to be fired. The issue was the only person with any semblance of independence from partisanship investigating Trump. He should've been untouchable.
All of the career FBI employees on the special Russia investigation task force and acting FBI director Andrew McCabe (who was in more of a direct position above the Russia investigation than Comey) don't exist now or what?

UberTag

There will be protests at the White House today at noon. Women's March, Center for American Progress, People for the American Way, #Resist:Washington, etc.
You need to shut that entire city down and not leave. It's the patriotic thing to do.

And do tell how. Some of you people are so paranoid it's crazy. This is nowhere near as bad as Bush signing the Patriot act giving the US Government unlimited ability to spy on us. The US Government is designed to prevent a dictatorship.

How's that working out for Russia and Turkey?

"Checks and balances" are a theoretical concept - they don't mean anything if multiple branches of government are on the same page.

The patriot act was certainly a big erosion of American personal freedom. The president flexing his weight to keep his cronies out of the spotlight of justice is another. Alongside the witch hunt for leakers, this sets a poor precedent for future whistleblowers and accountability of the executive branch.

Barzul

All of the career FBI employees on the special Russia investigation task force and acting FBI director Andrew McCabe (who was in more of a direct position above the Russia investigation than Comey) don't exist now or what?

How does that matter anymore? They know Trump won't hesitate to remove them for whatever reason that he thinks will sound good. He's done this with 3 other career folks now that attempted to investigate or even question. The threat is unsaid but still there. Toe the line or you can/will be fired. Investigation is dead in the water now. The FBI can no longer investigate this credibly, Trump has shown he will wield his executive power if he wants to. I'm supposed to believe the folks as you've described them don't recognize this?

You're doing a really good job of muddying the message. You should be hired as the next Kelly-Anne.

You don't think firing someone at the top of the chain affects what goes on lower in the chain? You don't think there will be inner turmoil and a new directive set by the administration and whoever they put in charge? You don't think the deputy will be looking after their own ass now? If you actually think that things at the fbi will stay the same I have some wodka to sell you.

We are seeing our democracy fall apart before our eyes. We are witnessing a man who had no business being in the highest office in the land, along with the fact that he is undoubtedly a Russian stooge, destroy everything we worked so hard for. And the worst part, half of the country is loving it. This is dismal as fuck.

Oersted

Any system will fail when people deliberately ignore the rules.

No disagreement, just saying that systems where the President has too much power are more likely to fail. Trump controls executive, legislature and was capable of getting rid of everyone from judiciary investigating him.

benjipwns

Banned
How does that matter anymore? They know Trump won't hesitate to remove them for whatever reason that he thinks will sound good.

You're doing a really good job of muddying the message. You should be hired as the next Kelly-Anne.

You don't think firing someone at the top of the chain affects what goes on lower in the chain? You don't think there will be inner turmoil and a new directive set by the administration and whoever they put in charge? You don't think the deputy will be looking after their own ass now? If you actually think that things at the fbi will stay the same I have some wodka to sell you.
I apologize for the fact that James Comey was in a position that is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the President and that the career FBI employees doing the actual investigating work on the special Russia investigative task force do not "muddies the waters" for this forums paranoid fantasies about the dark totalitarian state Donald Trump has just ushered in by doing something done before with someone that everyone has called incompetent or worse for the last six months plus.

But, really, let's get back to singing the praises of the Patriot Act, that was the good ol days of bipartisan unconstitutional power grabs by the corporate state! Ahhh, sweet sweet protection from evildoers.

Trump controls executive, legislature and was capable of getting rid of everyone from judiciary investigating him.
None of this is true.

His announcement in that last week of the election was grossly inappropriate.

To suggest that's why Trump, who guffawed with glee over the DNC leaks and Hillary's email scandal, fired him is to abandon all rationality.

It's insulting that the administration (or our Republican Congress) would pretend they were even remotely concerned about the integrity of Hillary's investigation. The timing coinciding with an amplification of the Russia probe is alarming, and deserves all of the parallels being drawn to Nixon.

I apologize for the fact that James Comey was in a position that is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the President and that the career FBI employees doing the actual investigating work do not "muddies the waters" for this forums paranoid fantasies about the dark totalitarian state Donald Trump has just ushered in by doing something done before with someone that everyone has called incompetent or worse for the last six months plus.

But, really, let's get back to singing the praises of the Patriot Act, that was the good ol days of bipartisan unconstitutional power grabs by the corporate state! Ahhh, sweet sweet protection from evildoers.

None of this is true.
Except Trump administration officials have already gone on record suggesting moving on and ending the Russia investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom