• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Hotels abandoning "Trump" name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sàmban

Banned
How fucking dumb do you have to be to aim a $500-a-night hotel at millennials? Isn't it common knowledge that we have crippling student loans and are poor as fuck? Pluse, you're going to change a Trump hotel to..."Scion"...then release a statement about the name change ON THE FUCKING INTERNET?

Wow

whitehawk

Banned
Sàmban;221352024 said:
How fucking dumb do you have to be to aim a $500-a-night hotel at millennials? Isn't it common knowledge that we have crippling student loans and are poor as fuck? Pluse, you're going to change a Trump hotel to..."Scion"...then release a statement about the name change ON THE FUCKING INTERNET?

Wow
Seriously. As a millennial, I recently paid $340~ for 3 nights, and even that felt expensive to me. I would never pay $500 a night.

riotous

Banned
Nowhere in the statement or the article does it say Scion hotels will be $500 a night. The hotels don't exist yet.

In fact, nothing in the actual statement says a word about millennials, that is editorializing by the travel magazine site.

And the reason they put out a press release is for the sake of potential investors, this is not a consumer oriented announcement. They want investors to know that the Trump name is not going to be associated with their future hotel brand.

The only thing that made Trump worth a shit was his name.

Now it's nothing but a toxic brand that would kill his career for good.

This. The Trump name is officially toxic as of now.

Don't expect either the GOP or the RNC to have one of Trump's children to run for president in the future either, as they'll make them ineligible for it (like George W. Bush's children have been also forbidden to run for president).

RPGCrazied

That excuse. lol

Just man up, Trump damaged his image this election cycle. No denying that. He has been attacking everyone that isn't white and a straight male. I wouldn't want to stay in his hotels either. But thanks for telling me the new name so I'll just associate Scion with Trump.

BigDug13

That excuse. lol

Just man up, Trump damaged his image this election cycle. No denying that. He has been attacking everyone that isn't white and a straight male. I wouldn't want to stay in his hotels either. But thanks for telling me the new name so I'll just associate Scion with Trump.

And his hold on white males is mostly non-college educated white males disgruntled about their financial situation. Not exactly the people lining up to stay at a Trump hotel.

Culex

Banned
What if the kids pull a Men's Wearhouse, and just vote out the dad from the businesses. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Toyota dumped the scion band early this year so they're probably breathing a sigh of belated relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom