• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, in Oval Office, signs first order on Obamacare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

And with that we come in a era that 30 million people with no healthcare, lots of people are going to die.

President Donald Trump directed government agencies on Friday to freeze regulations and take steps to weaken Obamacare, using his first hours in the White House to make good on a campaign promise to start dismantling his predecessor's healthcare law.

Heading into the Oval Office shortly after the conclusion of his inaugural parade, Trump signed an order on the Affordable Care Act that urged government departments to "waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation" of provisions that imposed fiscal burdens on states, companies or individuals.

It also called for efforts to give states greater flexibility in implementing healthcare programs while developing "a free and open market in interstate commerce for the offering of healthcare services and health insurance."

Health experts had speculated that Trump could expand exemptions from the so-called individual mandate, which requires Americans to carry insurance or face a penalty, or the requirement that employers offer coverage.

Experts also believe the administration could try to reduce the “essential benefits,” such as maternity care and mental health services, that insurance plans must cover.

More at link

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0ae5&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

norinrad

It's pretty hard looking on the bright side of life when you know millions of people some willingly put this man in office to destroy them.

rjinaz

Hey Trump, I thought you said we don't have a gun problem we have a mental health problem and something needs to be done. Oh right, you weren't being serious. Hope you prove me wrong.

could reduce essentials such as maternity care and mental health services, that insurance plans must cover.

CCIE

Banned
YES!!! Maybe my health insurance will become somewhat affordable again. Insurance companies should not have a monopoly

Fat4all

Banned
And the tens of millions of folks who voted against this fuck who also live in those red states?
Like me?

open a soup kitchen

YES!!! Maybe my health insurance will become somewhat affordable again.

LBM55wY.gif

I wonder how Obama is feeling. First day and he has started destroying his legacy.

Trump is basically living the Cartman dream, licking the tears. He's wanted vengeance since his roasting at the Dinner and he's getting back at him in the most sinister way possible. And so are Republicans.

It's a damn shame because American politics is a ruthless game that's only built for ruthless people. Even when we found out that, on the first day of Obama's presidency, they all met up to make sure he was a one-term president, it enraged some but did jack shit for making the GOP look bad. Well, actually, it probably helped Obama, but it did jack shit for helping Dems in general.

If or when Dems win the seat again, it should be a clear call that there NEEDS to be a much stronger plan for dealing with ruthless Republican tactics, groundgame and media. Otherwise we'll have to deal with this kind of pain within another (potential) couple decades.

UberTag

I think it's cute that Trump's voters thought he wouldn't repeal the ACA and it was just election rhetoric... or that he'd wait to have a replacement in place first so they could get access to even more affordable health care before introducing limitations that would prevemt them from being able to get it at all.

Ah well... perhaps their hatred for all people and blatant ignorance will keep them alive. That's just as good as medical care, right?

You are not smart.

I'd say instead of the belittlement, try educating him (her? sorry). Seriously! I'm sure others would gain insight from it as well. This is not a sarcastic jackass post, I'm being completely sincere. I think people need to know this stuff and that includes myself.

YES!!! Maybe my health insurance will become somewhat affordable again. Insurance companies should not have a monopoly

If you're trolling, it's not particularly fresh. Maybe try a new shtick. If you're being sarcastic, you could work on clarity a bit. If you're being serious, you desperately need to do some more research, because you come off dumb as a brick with your woeful ignorance.

Media

So my husband has insurance through his work, blue Cross Blue Shield, but he's had it a year and I've had an autoimmune disease that costs over 40k a year in one medicine alone without insurance to treat for five years. How fucked am I?

CCIE

Banned
The Republicans have given the framework for a Health care system that doesn't give all the power to the Insurance companies. Which is exactly what we have currently with Obama care. I know that my insurance premiums doubled in the past few years, and my coverage isn't what it used to be

I will wait to see the results. I know that monopolies never, ever work out for the consumer.

Ac30

The Republicans have given the framework for a Health care system that doesn't give all the power to the Insurance companies. Which is exactly what we have currently with Obama care. I know that my insurance premiums doubled in the past few years, and my coverage isn't what it used to be

I will wait to see the results. I know that monopolies never, ever work out for the consumer.

Where can I see this framework?

hawk2025

Please, do tell us about this framework!

Hey can you do me a favor my google search isn't working today can you link me to this framework?

Hey Trump, I thought you said we don't have a gun problem we have a mental health problem and something needs to be done. Oh right, you weren't being serious. Hope you prove me wrong.

Silly goose, nobody who pulls the "mental health!" card to argue against sensible gun control actually cares about mental health, it's just a cheap attempt to shut down the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom