• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pardons former AZ Sheriff Arpaio [convicted of violating civil rights laws]

Zolo

This pardon is a signal to those that Mueller would be hoping to flip that Trump has their backs if they don't squeal. There is no other rational explanation for him to intervene in the middle of an ongoing legal process.

Vile on every level.

If Trump pardons those people, they can still be called in for testimony where they have every reason to no longer need to feel they have to lie.

In fact, it's in their interest not to lie since they could be convicted of a crime again where as far as a second pardon goes:

Two times. Typically, the same person can't be pardoned twice unless a majority of the state supreme court approves.
Not sure if this applies federally.

Gotta pardon your racist friends before you get impeached. Both are pieces of shit who deserve to be in jail. Come on already Mueller. Get cuffs on Cheetoh in Chief before he does more damage.

Pence or Ryan better not pardon Trump. He deserves to rot in jail for the rest of his life. A president simply cannot do and say what Trump has done, especially if he was a willing Russian agent, and not be made an example.

Man I am livid right now. Can't believe my country has come to this. Doubt I will ever get over the shame I feel right now. I can only hope the damage can be mitigated.

For those unfamiliar with Joe Arpaio:
qGuCfd6.png

This dude sounds like he needs his on wikia.

shiba5

Between this, the travel ban, the transgender ban, the LGBT protection revocations, the reverse on Cuba, the attempted de-regulation of agencies, the bankrupting of the secret service for his fucking vacations, the Nazi protest backing, and all the other shit that's gone on in between. Fuck you, Trump.

HUR HUR HUR God Emperor Trump made Libtard Snowflakes mad. MAGA. - Trump supporters

Seriously, this is all they care about.

Cilla

Well this is what was voted in and is in no way surprising. I feel sorry for everyone who knew better though.

Tagyhag

Diablos991 was banned

I'll do my best to honor his memory.

*Clears throat*

Look, the Sheriff is old. Yes he did some bad stuff, but also some good stuff. Just let him live his last years in peace.

The timing is a bit weird but I think Trump knows the hurricane is going to be really bad for Americans and he wants to have his full attention on helping people affected by it rather than having to fight fak...the media all weekend.

Don't forget that he's also a veteran, are they not entitled to some respect?

/end

ash321

This motherfucker will participate in some racist rally. Or will even initiate one.

Hope somebody punch the fuck out of this nazi racist piece of trash.

UberTag

What's to stop Trump from secret making deals with lawmakers/enforcement to commit illegal actions in his favor? They'll know thei'll be pardoned.
Absolutely nothing. You have a corrupt dictatorship in control of the White House. Even an election won't get them out of power.

Jeels

Texas GAF so bracing for the storm. But there better be protests all around the country.

I hate Trump with all my being. What a disgusting, incompetent man.

Skatterd

So to summarize how Trump handles a disaster

1. "Good Luck"
2. Pardons a criminal
3. Doesn't close border patrol checkpoints
4. Signs a trans military ban

Missing anything?

This pardon is a signal to those that Mueller would be hoping to flip that Trump has their backs if they don't squeal. There is no other rational explanation for him to intervene in the middle of an ongoing legal process.

Vile on every level.

I'd say it's more of a signal for other sheriffs and law enforcement to feel safe doing racist, illegal shit because he's got their back.

HUR HUR HUR God Emperor Trump made Libtard Snowflakes mad. MAGA. - Trump supporters

Seriously, this is all they care about.

i said before and i'll say it again

his supporters would willing allow trump to personally shit in their mouths if liberals/democrats had to smell it

adj_noun

CNN's front page is just the jolliest right now.

TRUMP PARDONS ARPAIO

TORNADO-LIKE DAMAGE EXPECTED

N. KOREA FIRES SEVERAL PROJECTILES, SOUTH SAYS

Good times in the Trump is President in Reality Instead of Sharknado timeline.

There are a few Trump stans I know still post but I won't name names that's discourteous.

How anybody with a brain can justify this is beyond me.

Top Bottom