• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pardons former AZ Sheriff Arpaio [convicted of violating civil rights laws]

Enzom21

I think it's time we stop being surprised by the evil shit Trump does.
I'll save my shock for when does something that isn't despicable.

Not

Banned
Hey guys we killed a LOT of people to get this land and enslaved a LOT of people to sustain it and torpedoed the self-worth of a LOT of nonwhite people by exposing them to our media, so again, maybe it's awesome that America is finally losing its standing in the world?

Dierce

This is republican ideology. There is no such thing as a law abiding and rational republican. They all spout law an order but they are the first to break it. They are all corrupt, bigoted and evil people.

gnomed

Not to surprising. The reports of him of waiting till after the rally lessens the frustration. But between this and the military bill he signed today and not doing anything about the hurricane is a new low.

Sad to say, many others and I won't be surprised when he launches some kind of preemptive attack to quell the Mueller investigations.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Didn't his secretary JUST say he wasn't going to do it yesterday? This white house is fucking entertaining as shit

Or it would be if we weren't the ones on the receiving end

Ithil

I knew he would fuck up this hurricane handling. Trying to hide a pardon for a piece of shit like this and transphobic legislation among a hurricane that's going to wreck a state of the country he's supposed to be running.

gatling

When the reuters alert for this popped up on my phone, my stomach dropped. Something tells me this won't be swept under for some reason. I don't know why.

rjinaz

I'll do my best to honor his memory.

*Clears throat*

Look, the Sheriff is old. Yes he did some bad stuff, but also some good stuff. Just let him live his last years in peace.

The timing is a bit weird but I think Trump knows the hurricane is going to be really bad for Americans and he wants to have his full attention on helping people affected by it rather than having to fight fak...the media all weekend.

Don't forget that he's also a veteran, are they not entitled to some respect?

/end

Good job but you forgot to mention how you didn't even vote for Trump.

Inuhanyou

The real rotten part is, she likely didn't know he would.

based on what's been happening, i don't doubt that. I would not be suprised if the whole place is in cinders before the end of next year, they literally have nothing

Such a piece of shit but politically smart move if his goal is keeping his base on absolute lock. They will adore him for this shit. And anyone that would be upset about this isn't the type to vote for him anyways.

L Thammy

Didn't his secretary JUST say he wasn't going to do it yesterday? This white house is fucking entertaining as shit

Or it would be if we weren't the ones on the receiving end

Republicans still want to pretend that they're a political party when their president is a hammy cartoon villain. Guy has no morals whatsoever and doesn't even care enough to pretend half the time. I'm pretty sure that the reason Trump keeps a copy of Hitler's speeches by his bedside is because he needs to rub one off before he goes to sleep.

Mr. President, we have a massive hurricane about to level parts of Texas and North Korea is suddenly launching missiles, what do you want to do?

President: I'll Pardon Joe Arpaio!

Seriously...this is wack timing even for Trump....

Inuhanyou

She said he wasn't going to do it that day.

IIRC, wolf blitzer read out loud her statement yesterday, stating that he would not be making an announcement at that time or any time about it. Its pure trainwreck plain and simple!

Ferrio

Banned
Mr. President, we have a massive hurricane about to level parts of Texas and North Korea is suddenly launching missiles, what do you want to do?

President: I'll Pardon Joe Arpaio!

Seriously...this is wack timing even for Trump....

No, it's perfect timing for him.

ApharmdX

Banned
While Trump did try to sneak it under cover of the storm, this is a clear signal to the racist Republican base that will be noticed and appreciated. Between this and the trans ban orders it's been a good Friday for shit-tier Americans. Bad Friday for the rest of us.

One of the vilest things Trump has done, on multiple levels.

Arpaio isn't just a theoretical racist, either. He's used his position of power to hurt POC. Trump is a piece of shit and so is the former sheriff.

rjinaz

Diablos got banned? What was the post that finally did it?

I remember one of the last posts he made was along the lines of

"Trump played the media like a fiddle, but I should thank them because at least they stopped us from having another Clinton as president".

A real gem.

Top Bottom