• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Refuses to Support Paul Ryan, McCain, in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Obama using Chaos Control confirmed.

f8f.jpg

Ralemont

not me
This is a part of my fantasy that Trump is actually a genius who wants to completely destroy the GOP from the inside. At the beginning of the first debate with Hillary, he'll turn to the camera and wag his finger at Republican voters, before revealing he's both gay and black and that he's voting for Hillary.

The GOP isn't going to split they hope they can swift through the ashes after the election and rebuild with whatever is left over. If they split they will loose the angry white male vote wich is all they have left for their downticket hopes. I do forsee them being cautiouse and hands off or supporting at arms lenght faux populist movements like the tea party after this because eventually those movements turn on them when voters pull the curtains on their masters.

Zophar

This is a part of my fantasy that Trump is actually a genius who wants to completely destroy the GOP from the inside. At the beginning of the first debate with Hillary, he'll turn to the camera and wag his finger at Republican voters, before revealing he's both gay and black and that he's voting for Hillary.

It's frustrating how the results of "ineffable genius" and "irredeemable incompetency" look so much alike.

It's more than what many hoped for. It's like...it's hilarious watching this unfold. The GOP is eating itself alive, they openly have to disagree with themselves, the nominee is running on his own time, the GOP is running on another, and they come off the fools. Meanwhile the Dems are holding strong together. There are disagreements here and there, but not on a daily basis. And not on a basis that the figureheads of the party have to denounce what is being said.

It's glorious.

It's certainly making the internal discord within the Democratic party look trivial by comparison.

The Democrats had a rough patch in fully uniting following a contentious primary battle. That's still normal, standard election year procedure.

The GOP's presidential nominee is declaring war on the party's House Speaker, several prominent longtime members of the House and Senate, has approximately zero former presidents endorsing, and the list goes on.

Piggus

LOL at Trump's statement on McCain.

It's basically to the tune of "McCain isn't supporting our vets. Our vets need more respect."

How. Fucking. Ironic.

Steel

Banned

It's basically to the tune of "McCain isn't supporting our vets. Our vets need more respect."

How. Fucking. Ironic.

There's like 10 dimensions of irony here. It's just too much to handle.

BFIB

Trump basically forcing the establishments hand. Especially with what Obama said this morning. Hate Trump all you want, this is smart on his part because he knows he's holding the party hostage.

Ryan should one/two punch and refuse Trump and also praise Khan.

You know, I think I get what Trump's plan here is. He wants Congress to be full of yes-men that would bend to his every whim when he gets the presidency, so if the people already there aren't brown nosing him, he wants to get new ones.

I mean, the problem with this plan is that Trump doesn't have nearly as much pull as he thinks he does, but nonetheless I'm pretty sure that's what he's pulling for.

This is pretty well documented with Trump. He always surrounds himself with yes men and people who agree with him.

It's certainly making the internal discord within the Democratic party look trivial by comparison.

The Democrats had a rough patch in fully uniting following a contentious primary battle. That's still normal, standard election year procedure.

The GOP's presidential nominee is declaring war on the party's House Speaker, several prominent longtime members of the House and Senate, has approximately zero former presidents endorsing, and the list goes on.

Right. And even after the Russians tried to tilt the favorability by hacking the DNC-Like, who fucking remembers that now? No, you have Trump attacking the families of Veterans, you have the GOP denouncing what Trump is saying regarding Muslims and a Hero who gave his life, you have Trump in turn insulting the Republican Speaker....

It's amazing.

How. Fucking. Ironic.

I mean this is coming from the guy who popularized "Crooked Hillary" despite being an actual crook himself. Did you expect anything different?

This is pretty much a first for us. In a more sane world a guy like Trump would never have made it out of the primaries. Like, the last time he tried to run.

He spent a couple months teasing a run in 2012 for the attention, but never formally declared, so this year is his first run.

Trump really is a double agent for the democrats isn't he?

All according to keikaku...

Still to this day I believe this

I will vote for Hillary with the biggest grin on my face

But I cant shake the feeling that Trump was meant to destroy the GOP

No, just uninformed :p

naw, I just have a bad memory. I remember how popular he was when he started the whole birther thing, and then he was going to run––then decided not to.

Guess I just confused some details lol

edit:

In spite of Trump's claims about being frontrunner in the polls, one published on Monday by the Politico website and George Washington University showed 71% of those surveyed thought he had no chance of becoming president.

Trump went through the motions of being a Republican contender, making speeches in key early states such as New Hampshire, and for a short time seemed in tune with the public mood. But he offered little in the way of policies and senior Republicans viewed his candidacy, with its emphasis on issues such as Obama's birthplace, as an irritating distraction.

Ah, he never formally entered the race.

ElRenoRaven

I just have to say I love it. Trump was smart though. Get those 2 suckers to endorse you even though they hate you and then fuck them over when it's time for you to endorse them.

They get what they deserve. You endorsed a piece of shit and now you're getting yours.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Seriously, when was the last time a single candidate turned an election into such a circus ?

I literally can't think of another example on this scale. To the archives! I can't imagine someone hijacking a party like Trump before the modern Presidency.

Mahonay

Banned
The GOP did this to themselves. I'm glad this is happening. Trump is the unintended result of their ridiculous bullshit over the past decade plus. You reap what you sow.

Although I am certainly NOT glad Trump has an actual chance of winning the election. This terrifies me as it does for most other sane/informed people.

Bedlam

That's what they get for having no spine and sucking Trump's dick despite their obvious contempt for him.

Nothing but ridicule.

Absolutely delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom