• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump rescued from stalled elevator, blasts fire marshal, blasts another fire marshal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quotes;

Donald Trump and members of his Secret Service detail were briefly trapped in an elevator Friday before a campaign rally in Colorado Springs.

They were rescued by firefighters with the Colorado Springs Fire Department, which lowered a ladder into the elevator, allowing Trump and his entourage to climb out.

Trump eventually took the stage at the rally, where he opened his remarks by blasting the local fire marshal for shutting off entry to his campaign event due to capacity restrictions.

"This is why our country doesn't work," Trump said as he slammed the Colorado Springs fire marshal during the rally, moments after the department's firefighters rescued him. The paper reported that Trump said the fire marshal "didn't know what he was doing and 'was probably a Democrat.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/trump-elevator-rescue/index.html

Phreaker

I like people that weren't trapped in elevators

Yeah, only losers get trapped in elevators. It has never happened to me. Maybe Trump doesn't know how to work an elevator, or maybe he made it stop to trap the people inside it with him. You tell me.

AniHawk

Yeah, only losers get trapped in elevators. It has never happened to me. Maybe Trump doesn't know how to work an elevator, or maybe he wanted it to stop and trap the people inside it with him. You tell me.

there's something going on here

Random17

I feel like Trump's whole campaign is the world's best trolling attempt, checking to see how many people he can piss off in a calendar year. I see absolutely no benefit from Trump saying this. At all. Not even to his own base.

In other news, shitbag continues his reign of being a shitbag. Have we had a day off from Trump's bullshit yet? Has there been a single day where he hasn't mocked a minority, said an offensive thing about a public servant, slandered an entire culture/demographic/religion, etc.?

Ban Puncher

UFAxceS.gif

Ryan_09

Claiming the fire marshal didn't know what they were doing? Sure, Trump. I'm sure you're an expert on their profession right? Clearly Trump has never heard of "staying within your own lane", and the least he could do is at least be grateful for being rescued. -_-

Foffy

Banned
Claiming the fire marshal didn't know what they were doing? Sure, Trump. I'm sure you're an expert on their profession right? Clearly Trump has never heard of "staying within your own lane", and the least he could do is at least be grateful for being rescued. -_-

Civility?

In Trump?

I'm missing something here..

Savitar

Trump could have turned this into a moment to thank the people for being who they were doing their jobs as proud Americans winning some people over that way, instead he is so thin skinned and can't handle his ego being dented in any way he attacks someone outright for doing their job but not knowing who he is.

Yeah this guy should have control over armies and nuclear missiles alright.

Hypron

I mean, the guy thinks he knows what's best for the country despite not knowing anything about anything, so it's not too surprising he'd also believe he's better qualified than actual firemen to do their jobs...

Deft Beck

In other news, shitbag continues his reign of being a shitbag. Have we had a day off from Trump's bullshit yet? Has there been a single day where he hasn't mocked a minority, said an offensive thing about a public servant, slandered an entire culture/demographic/religion, etc.?

We won't be able to ignore him completely until he loses the general election.

Hopefully.

RPGCrazied

I wonder if he actually doesn't want to be President now and is saying anything to not win....

But his supporters are so clueless they will vote for him regardless. I mean he did say he could murder people on 5th avenue and still get their support. If he really didn't want to win, he'd drop out.

dosh

To be fair, the remark wasn't made in direct reference to the elevator incident.
It's even better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom