• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump rescued from stalled elevator, blasts fire marshal, blasts another fire marshal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you rescue Trump but he starts talking shit about you

mUimG0bm.jpg

All the Clinton camp has to do is find at least four or five heroic deeds this Fire Marshall and his team has done in the past, then play a clip of Trump saying that the Marshall doesn't know what he's doing. Now Trump is painted as anti-Firefighter. Then show an image of 9/11 First Responders with Ground Zero as the backdrop and you have the most effective campaign ad that could be made.

Grinchy

Banned
Trump said:
"This is why our country doesn't work," Trump said as he slammed the Colorado Springs fire marshal during the rally, moments after the department's firefighters rescued him. The paper reported that Trump said the fire marshal "didn't know what he was doing and 'was probably a Democrat.' "

I laughed really hard at this. I can't wait for him to be president.

Trump must have some sort of mental disorder right? It has gone way beyond what could be considered normal for this kind of thing.

Narcissistic personality disorder or something similar, someone I'm sure has looked into this.

Garlador

"This is why our country doesn't work," Trump said as he slammed the Colorado Springs fire marshal during the rally, moments after the department's firefighters rescued him. The paper reported that Trump said the fire marshal "didn't know what he was doing and 'was probably a Democrat.' "

To be fair, they rescued Trump, so perhaps they DON'T know what they were doing.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Nick Corasaniti ‏@NYTnickc 24m24 minutes ago
Columbus Fire spox Steve Martin just called me, called Trump's accusations of politics "completely false"

Nick Corasaniti ‏@NYTnickc 19m19 minutes ago
Martin also pointed out that the Fire Marshal is a career position, one that "you rise through the ranks" of, not a political appointment

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 13m13 minutes ago
Per @AdamATCBS, who just spoke w/ Columbus Fire Department, Trump campaign and event staff agreed to limit attendees to 1,000 four days ago:

Oh, Trump. You fucking petulant child.

Of course, it makes more sense now. It is ALL fire marshals out to get him with this nonsense enforcement of building/fire codes.

FyreWulff

He.. he doesn't understand that the whole fucking point of fire codes is that people will have enough room to actually move to get out...

WOW

I legit think this is the first time i've ever seen anyone fight against a fire marshal for not wanting them to burn alive.

Geg

Are these two different fire marshals he's insulting now or is it just the same one over and over?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He.. he doesn't understand that the whole fucking point of fire codes is that people will have enough room to actually move to get out...

WOW

I legit think this is the first time i've ever seen anyone fight against a fire marshal for not wanting them to burn alive.

Speaks to his character. Any competent person would say...

"Wow, what a crowd. They're even turning people away we have so many people here!"

Trump has to make it out to be some conspiracy and insult the people protecting his safety

TS-08

Wait really? I'm so confused.

He was in Columbus Ohio today and made the most recent remarks about the fire marshal there.

Edit - so he has criticized a fire marshal in Ohio and one in Colorado, to be clear. The one in Ohio was today.

Cyan

Banned
He was in Columbus Ohio today and made the most recent remarks about the fire marshal there.

Edit - so he has criticized a fire marshal in Ohio and one in Colorado, to be clear. The one in Ohio was today.

Gotcha. Sometimes I feel like we're living in the Twilight Zone.

Sullichin

This is insane. Wouldn't being rescued from firefighters give him a nice sound bite to say some nice stuff about firefighters.

daveo42

Banned
At this point I'll be surprised if somehow Trump isn't some sort of plant for the Democrats or this is all just one joke that got way out of hand. This shit is just to crazy to be real, but yet it is.

Why has he decided to go after fire marshals

I legitimately do not understand

This isn't even a matter of "he's not a politician." What person, ever, goes after fire marshals?!

TS-08

This is insane. Wouldn't being rescued from firefighters give him a nice sound bite to say some nice stuff about firefighters.

The real issue here is Trump and his campaign already knew and agreed to the limit. Trump just used it as an excuse to toss out "Democrat conspiracy" red meat to the crowd. He is using the fire marshals, who are doing their job, as political straw men for these purposes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Just the firefighters turning people away would give him an open to say something nice. "So many people here the firefighters are turning people away. Tell the folks outside that we wish they could join us, but we know you guys are just trying to keep us all safe".

This isn't even a matter of "he's not a politician." What person, ever, goes after fire marshals?!

Because the fire Marshall told trump what he can and can't do.

This makes him a horrible person obviously

(The fire Marshall he blasted is considered a local hero because of his response to a mass shooting incident which possibly saved numerous lives)

Woah, this is a different fire marshal he's going after now than the one from this weekend? How long will it be until we have to specify which gold star family he's attacked now that he's complaining about different fire marshals?

iammeiam

The real issue here is Trump and his campaign already knew and agreed to the limit. Trump just used it as an excuse to toss out "Democrat conspiracy" red meat to the crowd. He is using the fire marshals, who are doing their job, as political straw men for these purposes.

Somebody figured out his best polling comes from saying THEY are out there and THEY are plotting against him/America.

Trump is just experimenting to see if there are limits to who he can frame as THEY. My guess is his vague "maybe he's a democrat" about the first fire marshal didnt generate enough of a shitstorm to deter him so he used this opportunity to double down.

It's meaningless stupidity, but it gives him another part of the establishment he can paint as the enemy.

Plum

Because deep down he's a spoiled child who can't comprehend not getting his way. This is practically him saying "But Fire Marshaaaalll my GOP buddies said I could invite more than 1,000 people to the party! Crooked Hillary's parents let her do it! You're just a stupid democrat!"

jstripes

Banned
Trump had a rally at a Virginia hotel today, and spent some good time on stage bashing the hotel for having inadequate air conditioning. Even though, you know, the doors had been left wide open for three hours, it was 100° outside, there were 1500 people in the room, and he was standing beneath hot stage lighting.

He said he wasn't going to pay the hotel.

After the rally he met with the hotel's manager and demanded a discount.

Makonero

Trump had a rally at a Virginia hotel today, and spent some good time on stage bashing the hotel for having inadequate air conditioning. Even though, you know, the doors had been left wide open for three hours, it was 100° outside, there were 1500 people in the room, and he was standing beneath hot stage lighting.

The best businessman with the hugest deals

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

holy shit, the exact same shit he got roasted for at the DNC and for months. He just doesn't fucking care.

just imagine him trying to pull this shit as president, unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom