• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump rescued from stalled elevator, blasts fire marshal, blasts another fire marshal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_09

Trump could have turned this into a moment to thank the people for being who they were doing their jobs as proud Americans winning some people over that way, instead he is so thin skinned and can't handle his ego being dented in any way he attacks someone outright for doing their job but not knowing who he is.

Yeah this guy should have control over armies and nuclear missiles alright.

As someone who has worked on a nuclear enterprise base for 5 years... the thought of him having any form of control legit gives me anxiety.

I feel like Trump's whole campaign is the world's best trolling attempt, checking to see how many people he can piss off in a calendar year. I see absolutely no benefit from Trump saying this. At all. Not even to his own base.
I've been thinking this for a long, long time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah, stops any chance of people scaling that wall he'll build.

This country has gotten so bad - and let me tell you, democrats have made us just the worst at this - most elevators are unlocked. There are some very bad people and they know how the buttons in those things work.

These sorts of events generally seem to humanise a person and make them more likeable. Not a lot of people would succeed at being less likeable after this to people opposed to them, and yet..

Nasty person.

You people make me sick, Trump sacrificed a lot to be in that elevator and his success in life is no joke.

Exactly.

I'm not saying all elevators are bad. But shouldn't we all just stop going into elevators for a little bit? Just until we figure this all out?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Exactly.

I'm not saying all elevators are bad. But shouldn't we all just stop going into elevators for a little bit? Just until we figure this all out?

It's that crooked Clinton I tell you. She's a witch and how do elevators even work anyway? Let's make America great again.

Mr Swine

Banned
It's that crooked Clinton I tell you. She's a witch and how do elevators even work anyway? Let's make America great again.

Ugh, don't joke like that. He may start accusing her for being a witch for real and wants to drown her or chop her head of :/

OP should mention that he slammed the firefighter because he was turning away rally-goers because the venue was full, not that it makes his comments acceptable.

Edit: okay, it's fixed now.

Is that quote rightly attributed to this incident? Wasn't there just a story about him saying the the same thing about the fire marshal not allowing too many people to one of his rallies?

Chase17

He's quotes/complaints are a result of the fire marshal restricting entrance to his rally due to capacity restrictions not how they rescued him from the elevator.

Still hilarious though.

Chichikov

OP should mention that he slammed the firefighter because he was turning away rally-goers because the venue was full, not that it makes his comments acceptable.
Yeah, he's a dickhead for slamming the fire marshal for doing his job and keeping people safe, but I don't think the two incidents are related.
The CNN article is shit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I find it hilarious that he did this in Colorado Springs, the conservative hub of Colorado, and already didn't care much for Trump since they went with Cruz. The Fire Marshal was almost certainly a Republican.

Yeah, he's a dickhead for slamming the fire marshal for doing his job and keeping people safe, but I don't think the two incidents are related.
The CNN article is shit.
It was at the same event it seems.

So Trump got stuck in the elevator. Fire fighters rescue him. He takes the stage to complain about the fire marshal for not letting more people in.

Monocle

I like people that weren't trapped in elevators
How can we expect Trump to protect our country from terrorism if he can't even protect himself from a basic mechanical failure? I would never say Trump is a complete buffoon, but something is going on and we need to start asking hard questions about a presidential candidate who can't find his way out of a box without the aid of several adults.

siren.gif

TRUMP SLAMS POTHOLE AFTER TRUMP MOTORCADE SLAMS POTHOLE

Darkangel

It's like he's getting crazier and crazier lately. I know he was wild before, but at least it sort of played into his campaign strategy.

Maybe he didn't think he would actually get the nomination and now he can't mentally cope or something.

The CNN article is shit.
It appears to be the same event but we now know he was stuck in an elevator beforehand. They are temporally related and it's the same fire department.

Henkka

Banned
It's like he's getting crazier and crazier lately. I know he was wild before, but at least it sort of played into his campaign strategy.

Maybe he didn't think he would actually get the nomination and now he can't mentally cope or something.

I think there's evidence that he didn't actually expect to win. His campaign is barebones, underfunded and poorly managed. The point was probably just to raise awareness of the "Trump" name and brand, sell some books and so on. Now he's in over his head, but his ego won't let him just quit, either.

TS-08

The CNN article is shit.

I don't understand your complaint. The point is that Trump was rescued from the elevator by the local fire department, and then later that day bashed the local fire marshal for doing his job with regards to the venue. I don't believe the point was to ever suggest the two incidents were directly related.

It makes Trump look petty and ungrateful. And it shows, again, that he will say anything to appeal to his base.

Trump managing to ruin a perfect moment to thank the local firefighters for rescuing him is just another stellar example of how bad he is as a person regardless of whether it is an act or not.

You know, other politicians can at least PRETEND to be nice and friendly in public when the occasion calls for it even if they're nasty pieces of shit in private.

Trump can't even do that.

Isn't that the fire Marshall who wouldn't let more people into the rally due to it being at capacity? I believe the same guy was considered a local hero because of his response to a mass shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom